Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 538 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Tremel is ridiculous. New England is a college football wasteland…who created thst?

Conference realignment destroyed northeast football. BC has floundered, as has Syracuse. That is not UConn’s fault. If uconn is in acc or big 12 they aren’t as bad as they were last 10 years. G5 football is a wasteland for New England because fans know good football, they will go watch FCS, and the local little ivies which play decent football.
I have a feeling Tremel has never once been east of the Mississippi.

Reaction Score
Near the end of the article he actually talks some sense:

"Some of the 2016 UConn allure remains.

"It’s always good to get a state’s flagship university. The more “University ofs”, the better. The Big 12 has lost OU, Texas, Missouri and Nebraska. But it added West Virginia and is getting back Colorado. If the Big 12 adds an Arizona or Utah (or, pray tell, Oregon or Washington), that flagship pedigree would get even stronger. Connecticut would add to that.

"Also, academically, Connecticut is quite strong, which doesn’t mean much but is a nice bonus. UConn is rated 67th nationally by U.S. News & World Report, one spot behind Texas A&M and one spot above Massachusetts.

"Connecticut’s population, 3.6 million, makes it the biggest state in the Union without a Power Five school. It’s still New England, a college football wasteland, but that’s a lot of people.

"Connecticut’s media market is a plus. Its long-time affiliation with ESPN wouldn’t hurt."

Except the last sentence

Reaction Score
Is Oregon a legitimate possibility?
Wherever they go a GOR will be involved. They will string this out as long as possible for a B1G invite, or try to get the best deal they can with the least upheaval. Unfortunately the best deal is probably the Big12 with the most upheaval for the University.

Reaction Score
Kansas is better. Sorry.
Angry The Cw GIF

Reaction Score
Near the end of the article he actually talks some sense:

"Some of the 2016 UConn allure remains.

"It’s always good to get a state’s flagship university. The more “University ofs”, the better. The Big 12 has lost OU, Texas, Missouri and Nebraska. But it added West Virginia and is getting back Colorado. If the Big 12 adds an Arizona or Utah (or, pray tell, Oregon or Washington), that flagship pedigree would get even stronger. Connecticut would add to that.

"Also, academically, Connecticut is quite strong, which doesn’t mean much but is a nice bonus. UConn is rated 67th nationally by U.S. News & World Report, one spot behind Texas A&M and one spot above Massachusetts.

"Connecticut’s population, 3.6 million, makes it the biggest state in the Union without a Power Five school. It’s still New England, a college football wasteland, but that’s a lot of people.

"Connecticut’s media market is a plus. Its long-time affiliation with ESPN wouldn’t hurt."
Automatic fail on his part. Long time affiliation with that network. They have done right by us over the years. Must be a long-time Tennessee woman’s hoops fan

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kansas is better. Sorry.
We have our replacement for @FriarJ. And @kobe and his school will be our Beotchie once again.

Man I wish Huggie Bear did not crash and burn. And the leprechaun was still present at Cinci.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Please share your thought process as most people try to do.
Show your math. 5>4 isn’t convincing unless you think UCLA is the greatest program of all time. I certainly don’t. They had one great stretch.

I don’t think there’s any clear answers here. KU is 6th in titles, but first in all time wins. Unmatched consistency over time. Last time KU missed the tournament was 1989. Kentucky is 2nd in wins and titles, and probably Deserves bragging rights if anyone does. North Carolina is 3rd in wins and titles. Duke, UConn and IU with 5 but Duke dominates on wins at 4th. UConn is a distant 25th and IU 10th. But then you can factor in recency and how much happened since the expansion of the tournament, that helps UConn, hurts IU and UCLA.

For me the top 5 are UK, KU, UNC, Duke and UCLA. UConn probably sits at #6. Keep winning and that can change.

Reaction Score
Show your math. 5>4 isn’t convincing unless you think UCLA is the greatest program of all time. I certainly don’t. They had one great stretch.

I don’t think there’s any clear answers here. KU is 6th in titles, but first in all time wins. Unmatched consistency over time. Last time KU missed the tournament was 1989. Kentucky is 2nd in wins and titles, and probably Deserves bragging rights if anyone does. North Carolina is 3rd in wins and titles. Duke, UConn and IU with 5 but Duke dominates on wins at 4th. UConn is a distant 25th and IU 10th. But then you can factor in recency and how much happened since the expansion of the tournament, that helps UConn, hurts IU and UCLA.

For me the top 5 are UK, KU, UNC, Duke and UCLA. UConn probably sits at #6. Keep winning and that can change.

The comparison to UCLA is flawed just as a premise. They did it mostly with one coach and a single outlier championship two decades later; we became the first program in NCAAB history to win a championship with three consecutive coaches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom