Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 533 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Dude, it’s pretty obvious we are the fifth option and we were used to prompt Colorado with appearance of an at minimum 2 team expansion, and then use Colorado to pull another PAC team into slot 2, and then see if dominos fall for slots 3 and 4.

The problem is we have zero leverage. There is no competition for us. If we were good business people we would be backchanneling other conferences to let the B12 know we have options and aren’t get left holding the bag.

This is a big boy game that requires calculated risk taking. We are getting
This is dumb.

Reaction Score
Dude, it’s pretty obvious we are the fifth option and we were used to prompt Colorado with appearance of an at minimum 2 team expansion, and then use Colorado to pull another PAC team into slot 2, and then see if dominos fall for slots 3 and 4.

The problem is we have zero leverage. There is no competition for us. If we were good business people we would be backchanneling other conferences to let the B12 know we have options and aren’t get left holding the bag.

Just because odds makers have UConn 5th, certainly doesn't mean the Big 12 does.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What????
If this type of poster interferes with our chances I’ll let you on a secret. He’s a Syracuse troll angry that any perceived (his) advantage his program had over us is now going out the window.

Take a look at our new mascot. That’s representative of UConn and its fans. Tough as nails we are. Slightly weathered and bent from dealing with the forces against us. But never beaten.

Reaction Score
Honestly this entire section of the BY should be shut down. We’ve talked ourselves into a wild scenario that’s clearly never going to happen. I give our football team 3-5 more years before they kill it.
no-never.gif

Reaction Score
All UConn needs to do is show this amazing UConn commercial from about 15 years ago and the Big 12 will be sold! :p

It would be better if we didn't have one of the worst football teams in the 2010s.

Reaction Score
Sadly, there are still some so called fans at UConn that think this way.
I think you misinterpreted what I meant.
I love our football team. I would kill for UConn to go to the Big XII. But I’m not delusional. It’s painfully obvious that our supposed “in” as Colorado’s partner was a fantasy. And without a Big XII invite we’re not surviving long-term. The university just simply won’t choose to hemorrhage money forever.

Reaction Score
I love our football team. I would kill for UConn to go to the Big XII. But I’m not delusional. It’s painfully obvious that our supposed “in” as Colorado’s partner was a fantasy. And without a Big XII invite we’re not surviving long-term. The university just simply won’t choose to hemorrhage money forever.

Reaction Score

UConn isn’t. Being used as a prop. These guys aren’t incredible negotiators who put pressure on. Everything we have see. Has been at face value. BY wants UCOnn. Big 12 fans, who have an inferiority complex with SEC, don’t.

I think the closer you are to BY, the more you are accepting of UConn.

As far as next scenario, Arizona is next target. If Arizona comes, they are 14 for obvious reasons. But, I think they need to bring Arizona State. I think UConn is either 14 or 16.

Reaction Score
Here's a tangle that I just thought about:

Since Fox is only paying up for one more school, knowing it's a Pac12 school, could Yormark be pushing for 16, since he knows Fox is only contractually bound for one more?

In other words, he has ESPN's assurances that they are giving pro rata for many more additions, but Fox has only guaranteed its $11m for one more school.

But if you go to 16, and if one of them is UConn, it makes sense that Fox would then go to $11m for us.

It could be a reason that Yormark is trying to get the ducks in a row.

If Arizona, ASU and UConn are joining, it makes sense to consider ASU the 14th, UConn and Arizona the 15th and 16th

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Your certainly not delusional. But you’re highly pessimistic. Hang in there. Don’t jump off the cliff just yet. You have nothing to waste by watching this thing play out. If you’re wrong you’re beating yourself up for nothing. If you’re right the situation will validate you.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

Since Fox is only paying up for one more school, knowing it's a Pac12 school, could Yormark be pushing for 16, since he knows Fox is only contractually bound for one more?

In other words, he has ESPN's assurances that they are giving pro rata for many more additions, but Fox has only guaranteed its $11m for one more school.

But if you go to 16, and if one of them is UConn, it makes sense that Fox would then go to $11m for us.

If Arizona, ASU and UConn are joining, it makes sense to consider ASU the 14th, UConn and Arizona the 15th and 16th
He’s not dangling UConn and putting us at risk to not get us into the conference. He’s interested in the northeast and basketball and he’s assessed UConn brings both.

Moot point as far as I’m concerned. The situation is fixed and it’s just a matter of finding who is number four to go with Colorado, UConn and Arizona and what order they want to have announced. Their just getting the details completed.

This is the way! I have spoken!

Reaction Score

Not sure I'm following here.

Reaction Score
Fox has only assured they will pay for one more P5 team. So it makes sense to put up the weakest team into that #14th slot, and negotiate with Fox for the rest

Reaction Score

Dude. You’re wrong

Reaction Score

My feelin, I don’t know why, is that Fox values UConn. They already have them with Big East.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sigh. We've been through this so many times ovewr the last 13 years. Fact -- quitting on your team would have been bailing out before the Fiesta Bowl, as a clear majority of coaches bailing out do. He stayed. The fact that he gets more criticism for leaving immediately AFTER the bowl game than coaches get for leaving their teams in the lurch before the bowl game is totally irrational.

Was he a jerk for handling the Todman situation the way he did? That's perfectly rational. But I'm not getting dragged into this again. I've said my piece. People can disagree, attack or whatever.
Lol at opening with a theatrical sigh about a bunch of people disagreeing with you on this.

Reaction Score
I’ve said this for a while. The best situation for us would be a 16 team Big XII adding us, Co, Az, and UNLV from a marketing and hoops standpoint. Plus it would give us a chance to be competitive in football right out of the gate. I’d be seriously down for a weekend in Vegas to watch a UCONN game. If it ends being ASU or Oregon instead, okay, but Vegas still is awesome.
If all this discussion brings us to that end I’m quite and patient to wait it out. If all four come from the PAC that surely means more creative realignments will take place that likely include us.
It also wouldn’t surprise me if BY has an idea of expanding with 8 strong basketball onlies down the road to completely dominate hoops.

Reaction Score
Isn't it the idea that Fox is already paying for us in the Big East so the additional amount that they would be paying for us in the Big 12 isn't that much. I think someone posted that theory a few pages back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom