Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 439 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Suddenly we are seeing more pro UConn info, first Mora, now this. Might it be a campaign to build support for votes. I’m curious to see if info about our facilities gets bumped up next.
Well there was this tweet today from Chris Grosse.

Info on Chris Grosse:

STORRS, Conn. – The UConn Division of Athletics announced that Chris Grosse has been named Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Strategy as announced by Deputy Director of Athletics and Chief Operating Officer Jason Butikofer on Friday. Grosse will oversee the creative content, marketing and fan engagement, strategic communications and video services departments in his new role.

Reaction Score
Dom didn't do us any favors.
He did throw some sunshine and lobbying support behind Syracuse, Providence and St. Johns though... especially Syracuse who he thinks makes perfect sense for the Big12. Over all his heart seems to be with Providence, though... a nobody that he kept bringing up over and over for no real reason.

Reaction Score
I agree with this for the most part. But that Hilton Armstrong thing at WVU and how their fanbase expected Hilton to apologize for it left an impression.

UCF? Orlando people are trash. Plus they think they invented space travel and hotel night management.
I think UCF is becoming the biggest school. Some of those southern schools are growing like crazy. Houston too.

Reaction Score
It's hard to know what's happening. It seems like Yormark is all in on UConn but might not have the leverage to get it done, based on the recent article. That seems to run contrary to earlier reporting that basically everyone in the Big XII gave him carte blanche and trust the plan. It could be, of course, that they meant "we trust the plan, but Rule 1 still applies".

You would hope, if it came to a vote of extending the offer, you could piece together enough votes who might be in favor of it for natural reasons (Kansas, Cincinnati, WVU) with school leaders who trust in Yormark's plan.

Who the hell knows
It’s like that Pace salsa commercial; “New York City?”

Reaction Score
Bears is as good bbq as you are gonna get. Sorry southern friends. Been all over. Bears terrific
I like it and I think he is from KC? BBQ there is fantastic and not just the renown ones. Short end or long end dry rub ribs. Short end are meatier.

Reaction Score
If Colorado decides to join the Big 12, then UConn comes also, if they choose to. Without Colorado, I don't think the Big 12 expands this year. JMO.

Reaction Score
This is what the Big 12 Presidents need to see:

Yeah no kidding. How many of those graphics have to come out before people respect our success? There's been a bunch since April like that showing that UConn is in a very select group and puts 90% of the P5 schools to shame, yet we're the ones constantly having to defend our record.

Reaction Score
If he’s retweeting swa I m (who is nonkey) can this be key? Is mike Vernon reliable?

Heard that Colorado closed meeting today (no one really talked about it much) was about... shocking i know ... realignment, which has ended. They scheduled a public session for Friday 10 am ET ... likely would be their public vote to move....buckle up.....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Heard that Colorado closed meeting today (no one really talked about it much) was about... shocking i know ... realignment, which has ended. They scheduled a public session for Friday 10 am ET ... likely would be their public vote to move....buckle up.....
Wouldn’t we have seen the same type of meeting for UConn if this was happening for us to?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom