Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 524 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Would also say that in the Joel Klatt interview Yormark also mentioned a criteria would be a school that wants to be a partner with and help to grow the Big 12. Not schools just looking for a payday. I’m sure we’ve already expressed those desires and aren’t waiting around to see a media deal like other Pac schools are
Eh I think thats in reference to schools that won't bolt at the first chance to upgrade. Which really means schools that will have the opportunity to bolt at the first chance to upgrade (Washington and Oregon) because everyone would leave for the B1G or SEC

I agree with others that I'd be leery of those two if I were the Big XII

Reaction Score

Borderline key/non-key

Cut off from tweet: “ The Big 12, I’m told, is prepared to move on UConn if Arizona does not make the jump.”

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Bingo.
When you stated your preference was AU with UConn over CU with UConn I knew what side of sports you fell on. Yet you stuck with the statement that Colorado was the first domino going to happen and it was the necessary development before UConn's invite. Meanwhile every key and non key tweets brought to these threads changed stories several times throughout this recent set of developments.

I know last minute acts have thwarted us in the past but I felt as long as Yormack was a straight shooter he was going to do everything he could to get UConn into the Big12. We provide the northeast presence he's looking for and a bb powerhouse to add to the conference because he's betting bb will be the next $ driver. And unlike most of the negative UConn tweeters he's not concerned about past football performances. He vetted UConn thoroughly. Mora has not only improved our football performance. He's reached out to the coaches and communities in the north east establishing connections with future players.

I know you can't reveal your source. But most likely either you have some contact with the commissioner or his office or someone you trust does who is providing you information.

Regardless if UConn has to give up the BE I love the idea that Yormack wants to elevate basketball and not sacrifice it at the expense of football.

Reaction Score
I know you can't reveal your source. But most likely either you have some contact with the commissioner or his office or someone you trust does who is providing you information.
I’m starting to think GoKU doesn’t have a source. I’m starting to believe GoKU IS a source disguised as a Kansas fan

Reaction Score
I don't know if it's that, but there's a lot of hate on social media towards UConn. Basically they think UConn is garbage and the only thing UConn does decently is basketball. We have a perception problem and I'm not sure how you fix it.
Fight it with facts and wins

Reaction Score
"Just WIN baby!" at EVERYTHING!
Yeah I'm beginning to think that doesn't matter. I don't know if the men's team can go back to back this season, but the women have a good shot to win the championship, so if nothing else it'll be another opportunity for everyone to watch UConn cut down the nets on national TV in April.

Reaction Score
Sources: Big 12 Determined to Add Another School Quickly

PAT FORDE AND RICHARD JOHNSON 1 HOUR AGO

Energized by the addition of Colorado on Thursday to reach 13 members for the 2024–25 academic year, the Big 12 plans to press the pace to get to 14, sources tell Sports Illustrated.

Specifically, the Big 12 wants answers quickly from one to three Pac-12 schools: Arizona, Arizona State and Utah. Adding one is the most likely scenario, sources familiar with the Big 12’s game plan say, and that is the short-term goal.

“We’re looking at 14,” a source says. Arizona appears to be the most likely of the three to go.

There are competing timelines for the Pac-12 members and their Big 12 suitors, which adds a layer of tension. Arizona, Arizona State and Utah are waiting for a full media-rights package to be presented to them by commissioner George Kliavkoff, which has been a long time coming. Those schools will also be interested in hearing what Kliavkoff’s plan is for replacing Colorado. Meanwhile, the Big 12 is ready to put its expansion targets “on the clock” toward a fast decision, sources say, in order to expedite realignment for next year.

If none of the Pac-12 schools follow Colorado to the Big 12, Brett Yormark is likely to pivot his focus to Connecticut. The league membership is less united behind the idea of adding a primarily basketball school like UConn than it was Colorado, though, which could slow the pace there. “There is some work to do on studying UConn,” a Big 12 source says.

There are additional expansion options beyond UConn, some of which don’t play football. The primary candidate outside the football realm is West Coast Conference basketball power Gonzaga, which would give the Big 12 a school in all four time zones and a coast-to-coast presence. St. John’s, in Yormark’s hometown of New York, also has been floated as a possibility. Yormark has been clear that basketball is key, adding that basketball is “a catalyst for a lot of things moving forward,” including “international expansion.” Teams that advance in the NCAA basketball tournament also earn more money for their conferences—each round means more cash in both the school’s and conference’s pockets. The Zags have made eight straight Sweet 16s and 24 straight NCAA tournament appearances.

One industry source noted that, because of their consistent success, Gonzaga has developed a large fan base outside of Spokane and become “truly a national team that can drive significant reach for both linear and streaming broadcasts.”

That would be helpful in Yormark’s push to broaden the reach of the league beyond Texas and the flyover states.

Reaction Score
It clearly looks like the Big 12 is looking for any other option over UConn. No other way to look at it. It could happen, but they'd rather it not. UConn would have been announced already if we were the partner with Colorado.

The scenarios seem clear:
  • No other PAC teams jump and we're probably in.
  • 1 PAC team jumps and we're out.
  • 2 PAC teams jump and we're probably in.
  • More than 2 PAC teams (that the Big 12 would want) jump and we're out.
If I had to guess, it's either nobody else jumps, or everyone tries to jump. Seems difficult to imagine Arizona moving and everyone else staying put, but just as surprising would be Arizona and Arizona State moving and the rest of the PAC not trying to move. I didn't believe any of the leaks until Colorado left. Now I think the Big 12 is leaking stuff to try to get Arizona and others to move.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It clearly looks like the Big 12 is looking for any other option over UConn. No other way to look at it. It could happen, but they'd rather it not. UConn would have been announced already if we were the partner with Colorado.

This is how it has always been.

Reaction Score

Haven’t seen one named Big 12 source in any of these articles Just a bunch of anonymous people leaking info

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom