Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 510 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Nope. UConn will be included. You'll see.
Read this thread from the beginning to review our realignment history. We are Charlie Brown kicking a football...I don't think any team in the country has been screwed over more by CR (some of it self-inflicted) than we have...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol so this guy is already backtracking. First it was we are expecting to announce a move this week. Now we are only going if Arizona says no. That is a HUGE difference because once again, we do not control our own destiny.
He's been all over the place regarding us.

Reaction Score
I’m still relaxed and quite positive regarding UConn.

Unfortunately I have retina repair surgery Thursday at 2 pm so I’ll perhaps be viewing BY at 5 through one eye.

Mods - If this was wrong thread to post please
I’m still relaxed and quite positive regarding UConn.

Unfortunately I have retina repair surgery Thursday at 2 pm so I’ll perhaps be viewing BY at 5 through one eye.

Mods - If this was wrong thread to post please delete
Good luck with that surgery. I had both eyes done in the last 2 1/2 years. Not fun but make sure you follow their post-op instructions so the stitches hold.

Reaction Score
Never underestimate the diablo in Bristol

They could be telling the Big 12 no full price for UConn
If we get left out again I say we pull their massive tax breaks since their actions will now be actively screwing the financials of the state's flagship school. No more taking our benefits and not only giving nothing in return but actively working against us.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Crazy if it's Oregon or Washington.

I mean, if the Pac12 falls apart, I thought these 2 schools have been vetted by the B1G already.
They were on the list of pre-approved schools that got released a while back

Reaction Score

According to sources, the Big 12 and commissioner Brett Yormark is now targeting the University of Arizona, which would likely mean an invitation to Arizona State University. The University of Connecticut is another school that has been attached to Big 12 expansion talks, but with the Pac-12 losing members the Big 12’s focus is targeting those universities first.

Curtains. We're out.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

According to sources, the Big 12 and commissioner Brett Yormark is now targeting the University of Arizona, which would likely mean an invitation to Arizona State University. The University of Connecticut is another school that has been attached to Big 12 expansion talks, but with the Pac-12 losing members the Big 12’s focus is targeting those universities first.

Curtains. We're out.
You appear to be the proud owner of a 'jump-to-conclusions' mat having posted this same thing in 2 threads in 5 minutes. Chill out. It will happen or it won't, but nobody knows anything right now.

Reaction Score

Curtains. We're out.
We’ll see. PAC losing 1 more and they’re likely done as a conference. 2 more and it’s curtains for them. The collateral damage from a PAC breakup would be massive for all P4 conferences. We have to be patient.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Good luck with that surgery. I had both eyes done in the last 2 1/2 years. Not fun but make sure you follow their post-op instructions so the stitches hold.
Good advice, but your avatar is not very comforting. ;)

Reaction Score

Curtains. We're out.
IF Arizona, ASU and UC Go...one more would likely be UCONN.

Remember, basketball (women's and men's) , Northeast, Geographical balance, other very competitive sports. UConn also would be likely academically the highest rated flagship public univesity in the conference. What do the top conferences have? (SEC , Big 10) Top 25 flagship state universities.

Reaction Score

Curtains. We're out.
Other sources are saying the opposite. Just have to wait and see

GG

Reaction Score

Curtains. We're out.
We are going to need a GoKU intervention soon.

Reaction Score
Heard back from my person inside the athletic department. I’m not going to use the exact words given to me, but I will paraphrase. Anyone going to Vegas in the next few days should bet their mortgage on UConn going to the B12. Cautioned it could be a few tho before it’s announced (days, not minutes or months). I trust this person because they would be kept in the loop about this given their position. Props to @GoKU. He has been spot on and someone y’all should follow and listen to.

Reaction Score
Heard back from my person inside the athletic department. I’m not going to use the exact words given to me, but I will paraphrase. Anyone going to Vegas in the next few days should bet their mortgage on UConn going to the B12. Cautioned it could be a few tho before it’s announced (days, not minutes or months). I trust this person because they would be kept in the loop about this given their position. Props to @GoKU. He has been spot on and someone y’all should follow and listen to.
I want to believe you guys. My worry is why UConn is keeping their alleged invite under wraps while Colorado schedules a press conference today. If UConn is in why no press conference?

Reaction Score
I want to believe you guys. My worry is why UConn is keeping their alleged invite under wraps while Colorado schedules a press conference today. If UConn is in why no press conference?
It’s because you’re smart. You should take anything you read on here with a grain of salt until it’s official. Agreements can always fall apart at the 11th hour.

GG

Reaction Score
I believe the UConn board of directors announced the move back to the big east the same day the board voted on it. If Colorado has not even held a public vote yet, I cannot imagine uconn is in a position to do anything at this point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We are going to need a GoKU intervention soon.
It's amazing how much faith you guys have in a random poster who was never here before. It could just be a burner account of mine for all you know (it isn't).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

There could be dozens of reasons. Maybe Yormark doesn't want us stepping on Colorado's announcement out of respect to them, maybe we need to get our ducks in a row with the Big East, maybe our invite is contingent on Colorado accepting an invite so the numbers work, so our invite hasn't actually come yet. All three of those things could be true and honestly, if it's happening, they're all pretty likely to be true.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

T.V. contact came back and said they believe Colorado moving is actually a done deal and tomorrow is a formality, believes it’s just Colorado leaving the Pac-12 though. Thinks UConn may be joining them. Reiterated how crazy the move feels.

Reaction Score
Let's all pray you are right. If Arizona schools leave the PAC, I think it's over for the remaining PAC schools and the conference.

Let's just hope it's just Colorado and then UConn with the remaining PAC-12 sticking together. This is until B1G decides to make their move and add Oregon and Washington.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom