Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 488 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Compared to what? An incredibly small percentage of Conneciticut is farmland compared to the rest of the country. There's tiny gentleman farms and tiny agritourism farms along with tiny rundown farms but very little farmland and farm production in the state of CT compared to the rest of the country.

I think most people know it's an incredibly densely packed urban state with small cities.
Where do you live? Ever been to Tolland, Farmington valley or northwest corner? Lot of hick areas and country style living. Not farms, but I would consider rural living.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait, a BB selling point for years has been proximity to MSG. That was a selling pt for B10. But for B12 that’s an away game?
No, it's a neutral site game. Just the way it has always been a neutral site game. Now it's a neutral site game that's pretty easy for us to get to end at a location in which we have a grade history, but that doesn't make it not a neutral site game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congrats everyone on achieving 500 pages of pure awesomeness on this thread which surely will go down as one of the internet’s most important online depositories of CRA knowledge.
Over the years a lot of people have gravitated to this board for just that reason.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Over the years a lot of people have gravitated to this board for just that reason.
It’s the reason I’m here. It’s the most sane of any CR forum. The Oklahoma site is just a bunch of members arguing over which conference is better while the VT board is so ACC specific. They had members complaining that the ND posters were trying to make it an ND board. The CSBBS is just plain weird.

Reaction Score
As opposed to the current dreck they serve up? I like how 6 low majors, former A10 teams and Nova is so incredible but playing Kansas at MSG would be a slap in the face.
It would 1000% be a slap in the face. I and thousands of others pay/donate a good amount of money to UConn for basketball tickets. All that money and you take away the best home game on the schedule to play at MSG? That blows and takes away our home court advantage.

Reaction Score
It would 1000% be a slap in the face. I and thousands of others pay/donate a good amount of money to UConn for basketball tickets. All that money and you take away the best home game on the schedule to play at MSG? That blows and takes away our home court advantage.
Well, it might break up your particular routine, but plenty of season ticket holders would happily grab a train, have a nice dinner, and see the game. Still home court advantage. The place would be dominated by Huskies fans. A small price to pay.

Reaction Score
Well, it might break up your particular routine, but plenty of season ticket holders would happily grab a train, have a nice dinner, and see the game. Still home court advantage. The place would be dominated by Huskies fans. A small price to pay.
I'm going to upset many here by saying this but MSG is nowhere near being a home game for UConn. We draw good there but it really hasn't felt like we have dominated MSG since the 2014 East Regional vs. Michigan St.

I don't get why UConn or any UConn fans would want conference home games moved to MSG. Why should we have to go out to Lawerence Kansas or Waco Texas but they can't come to Storrs or Hartford?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

They'd replace the marquee game with something out of conference. I've said continually scheduling our biggest games at neutral courts sucks but now all of sudden it's a big deal to some?

The big 12 would have more quality conference games anyways.

Reaction Score
They'd replace the marquee game with something out of conference. I've said continually scheduling our biggest games at neutral courts sucks but now all of sudden it's a big deal to some?

The big 12 would have more quality conference games anyways.
I don't disagree with out of conference games but that sadly is becoming the new norm. But conference games? How many schools play conference games on a neutral site? Off the top of my head just Rutgers and Houston.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't disagree with out of conference games but that sadly is becoming the new norm. But conference games? How many schools play conference games on a neutral site? Off the top of my head just Rutgers and Houston.

I'm not saying I'm overjoyed at the prospect of playing a conference game at MSG annually, but we've already sold out the season ticket holder by playing most of our big OOC games at MSG anyways.

Realistically two games have actual juice on the BE schedule - PC and Nova - and both programs are transitioning from arguably the best coaches in their respective programs histories. Could easily be a St. John's and Georgetown vibe quickly.

If we swapped a conference game at Gampel/ XL to MSG and in return scheduled an elite ooc game at XL/Gampel would it still be so bad?

Reaction Score
Oh my..........I can't even imagine what you must be seeing on other boards.......
I agree this is the best CR board. The Oklahoma one is fine, but still lends itself to trolls. I believe one of them, okielite, was banned on this board. He’s been banned on the Oklahoma board at least twice, but changed his handle. Still trolling away. The other one, Buckaineer was banned on this board as well. He cowardly left the Oklahoma board when Oklahoma and Texas left the Big 12.

I think outsiders have to acknowledge that this is also a fan board, and be a respectful guest. Something that the above were not able to do on this board, any many others from what I understand.

Anyway, information seems to find its way here almost as soon as it happens.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I agree this is the best CR board. The Oklahoma one is fine, but still lends itself to trolls. I believe one of them, okielite, was banned on this board. He’s been banned on the Oklahoma board at least twice, but changed his handle. Still trolling away. The other one, Buckaineer was banned on this board as well. He cowardly left the Oklahoma board when Oklahoma and Texas left the Big 12.

I think outsiders have to acknowledge that this is also a fan board, and be a respectful guest. Something that the above were not able to do on this board, any many others from what I understand.

Anyway, information seems to find its way here almost as soon as it happens.
Omg I forgot about okielite lol

I appreciate the visitors and their perspective. I chuckled at the “info finding its way here as soon as it happens.” I think we’re just ravenous for info after the last 10+ years waiting to be let in the club knowing that we deservedly should be included.

Reaction Score
Omg I forgot about okielite lol

I appreciate the visitors and their perspective. I chuckled at the “info finding its way here as soon as it happens.” I think we’re just ravenous for info after the last 10+ years waiting to be let in the club knowing that we deservedly should be included.
Lol that's what stuck out to me as well. "We are legion" when it comes CR.

The saddest part IF a P5 offer comes is if we are accepted, most of us will lose interest for a while at least.

Reaction Score
UConn will bring fans. Pretty sure BIG 12 BB won’t mind coming to UConn and recruiting the northeast.
They already are recruiting the Northeast thank to Yormark.

SquarePic_20230713_14431039.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom