Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 402 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't buy UO and UW to the B1G necessarily. If it's 2030 and I'm the B1G, I'm waiting for UNC, UVA, GT, and Miami to get to end (or near the end) of its GOR. I don't know if any conference will go past 20 because you won't be a conference anymore, but a league.
I don't see them leaving USC-UCLA out on an island forever. At some point the logical expansion will be 24 schools with four six member pods. There would be at least a couple additional west coast schools added. I also believe the BIG and SEC have already had back room discussions on how they want to carve up the ACC when the time comes.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I don't see them leaving USC-UCLA out on an island forever. At some point the logical expansion will be 24 schools with four six member pods. There would be at least a couple additional west coast schools added. I also believe the BIG and SEC have already had back room discussions on how they want to carve up the ACC when the time comes.
The B1G and SEC want the same schools. Even if they come to an "agreement," one of them will probably break it (see the Alliance).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would you really be surprised if the SEC added Arizona and ASU in 6-8 years,
A little. But I was thinking more of the West Coast schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is.
In a post apocalyptic kind of way
1676424696672.jpeg

Reaction Score
Is it possible to go from Colorado to Arizona without having to pass through New Mexico or Utah?

I'm pretty sure there is no direct path.
It's possible at the Four Corners Monument. You can be in one of the four states and step right over to any of the three other states. It's like a + sign.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It's possible at the Four Corners Monument. You can be in one of the four states and step right over to any of the three other states. It's like a + sign.
True, but I doubt they would let a car do that and I don't think the initial statement was about someone walking from northern New Jersey to southern California

Reaction Score
True, but I doubt they would let a car do that and I don't think the initial statement was about someone walking from northern New Jersey to southern California
The state are contiguous was the only point. As the crow flies, or the worm crawls.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is it possible to go from Colorado to Arizona without having to pass through New Mexico or Utah?

I'm pretty sure there is no direct path.
The state are contiguous was the only point. As the crow flies, or the worm crawls.

You can walk it, but it looks like the drive dips in to NM. Bonus is you get to hit up Navajo Taco and Grandma Frybread shack while cheating the four corner states.

A few years ago I was in Germany, Belgium and Netherlands at the same time.

1676436144759.png

Reaction Score
I can’t understand why the Pac 12 would take SMU…makes no sense to me…the pac12 is starting to look a lot like the old big east before it fell apart

Reaction Score

Brett McMurphy stated on an SMU podcast today that the Pac-12 has a TV deal in place that will be announced in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for sharing. I just listened to it.

McMurphy actually said (about the 12 minute mark) that you'd think that the Pac 12 would have a deal in place in the next week or two after issuing that statement. Yet from what he's heard the negotiation could extend into late March or April.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I can’t understand why the Pac 12 would take SMU…makes no sense to me…the pac12 is starting to look a lot like the old big east before it fell apart
The only thing I can think of is they believe SMU can end up doing what TCU did and that they can bring a sufficient piece of the D-FW market.

If their timing were better SMU could have brought a good following but that timing was 1980.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The PAC seems to be in a chicken/egg scenario where they want to have games in earlier windows but TV seems to want to stick them in 10pm ET+ windows (which makes sense). My question would be- why wouldn’t they look to add more teams in the Central or Mountain time zones? Adding more teams in those time zones means you can play games at 12pm ET and/or 1pm ET. Plus you can get yourself into some additional recruiting areas like Texas.

Monetarily it probably doesn’t make any remote sense to add SMU/SDSU plus additional teams like Rice, Tulane, etc, but if it opens additional TV windows for you to sell in your contract? Plus there is a good academic component? Maybe it could make (some) sense for the league.

Lastly which nobody is talking about- PAC is going to have to figure out what to do with P12N. They either have to shutter it, sell it to ESPN to move it to digital behind ESPN+, or get it on cable nationwide. The current situation is unsustainable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom