Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 401 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Shoot me. SMU and UCF are gonna be in “power conferences”? This is a bitter pill for the leftover PAC-12.
Our president stated that she would accept an invite to a P5 Conference if one comes along, so I guess they are still monitoring the situation.

Reaction Score
This is a desperate move by the PAC 12. They think they need more content to get to a better number for media rights.

They are going to lose the 4 corners schools to the Big 12.

I wouldn’t be so envious of SMU just yet. They are getting onto a sinking lifeboat. It’s just a nicer sinking lifeboat than the AAC.

Reaction Score
It's getting interesting. Too bad we have to wait another year for these moves to take place. Another bitter year of USC/UCLA in the PAC 12 and OU/UT in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised the ACC has stood pat so far. Considering there was all that talk about the tv deal being undervalued and needing to expand to open up the contract, they should be all over West Virginia.

Not only is it a P5 school, but it is a geographical fit with a lot of history with current ACC members. Not to mention they have both Football and Basketball pedigree.

Getting them and us into the conferance should be enough to force ESPN to renegotiate a higher deal, and it shores up the huge northern gap in the conference.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised the ACC has stood pat so far. Considering there was all that talk about the tv deal being undervalued and needing to expand to open up the contract, they should be all over West Virginia.

Not only is it a P5 school, but it is a geographical fit with a lot of history with current ACC members. Not to mention they have both Football and Basketball pedigree.

Getting them and us into the conferance should be enough to force ESPN to renegotiate a higher deal, and it shores up the huge northern gap in the conference.
Both sides in The TX/OU to The SEC Deal wanted it to happen, it was just about agreeing to terms. Nobody wants WVU to The ACC. Not the Big 12, because then they have to replace them. Not The ACC, as they have had 50+ years to take them and they’ve repeatedly said yeah we’re good. Finally not ESPN as they could not care less if the entire state of West Virginia got sucked into a black hole tomorrow.

Reaction Score

Because ESPN doesn't want West Virginia in the ACC and West Virginia is happy in the Big 12. That's why their administration voted to sign the new Big 12 TV deal and ratify the new GORs back in November

Reaction Score
The joint statement reminds me of Missouri. One day, they released a statement saying they were proud members of the Big 12. The next day, they announced their departure to the SEC.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The joint statement reminds me of Missouri. One day, they released a statement saying they were proud members of the Big 12. The next day, they announced their departure to the SEC.
I don't see any schools leaving though. Oregon and Washington don't have an invite from the Big 10. The corner 4 could go to the Big 12 but they would rather be associated with Washington, Stanford, and Cal. The TV contract will be similar money-wise to the Big 12. There is no incentive to leave.

Reaction Score
I don't see any schools leaving though. Oregon and Washington don't have an invite from the Big 10. The corner 4 could go to the Big 12 but they would rather be associated with Washington, Stanford, and Cal. The TV contract will be similar money-wise to the Big 12. There is no incentive to leave.
The incentive for the corner 4 to go to the Big 12 is that there might not be a Pac 12 (or 10) in the near future. If Stanford, Cal, Oregon and/or Washington are given a chance to join the Big 10, they are gone and the Pac implodes as there really aren't any replacements.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The incentive for the corner 4 to go to the Big 12 is that there might not be a Pac 12 (or 10) in the near future. If Stanford, Cal, Oregon and/or Washington are given a chance to join the Big 10, they are gone and the Pac implodes as there really aren't any replacements.
They are still the best four options for the Big 12 if the Pac-12 implodes. They have nothing to lose by staying put. They will stay in the Pac-12 as long as they can. Anyway, Brett McMurphy stated on an SMU podcast today that the Pac-12 has a TV deal in place that will be announced in the next couple weeks.

Reaction Score
All the B1G has to do us add AAU members Colorado and Arizona and it's contiguous coast-to-coast. Because that used to matter. Then right on up to Oregon & Washington.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All the B1G has to do us add AAU members Colorado and Arizona and it's contiguous coast-to-coast. Because that used to matter. Then right on up to Oregon & Washington.

NJ>PA>OH>IN>IL>IA>NE>CO>AZ>CA

You can go from NYC metro to LA without leaving B1G Country.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, I have a hard time envisioning PAC 12 schools in the SEC.
Would you really be surprised if the SEC added Arizona and ASU in 6-8 years,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom