Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 404 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We will find out what college basketball is worth in about a year…if negotiations go smoothly between the big east and FOX…if not, then about two years when the big east opens up negotiations with other media outlets
Be prepared to be disappointed.

Reaction Score
Be prepared to be disappointed.
Unless there isn’t a market for college basketball..we should get a decent raise..we outperformed our last tv contract…and adding Uconn must have added value..also the Uconn women’s basketball must be adding value… they outperformed the men in the big east the last 2 weeks in tv ratings… I still think the range is going to be 7 to 9 million a year per team… maybe more… it could all fall apart if the big 12 picks some of our teams…

Reaction Score
The fate of the Pac will tell us what will happen to conferences not SEC-Big Ten....On the big stage, maybe the spotlight narrows and the non P2 are in the shadows.

Reaction Score
Unless there isn’t a market for college basketball..we should get a decent raise..we outperformed our last tv contract…and adding Uconn must have added value..also the Uconn women’s basketball must be adding value… they outperformed the men in the big east the last 2 weeks in tv ratings… I still think the range is going to be 7 to 9 million a year per team… maybe more… it could all fall apart if the big 12 picks some of our teams…

Reaction Score

Wonder what kind of facts they have to back that up…not sure anyone knows what’s going on with the pac 12 negotiations…and the big 12…aac ..mwc…and the big 10 got a good media deal

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Not shocked by this at all. Seems to me like the BE would be good streaming content for ESPN+ if they can get it. Question then becomes whether or not the schools have the production capacity on campus to put anything remotely appealing together (spoiler- outside of UConn the answer is NFW)

Reaction Score
Not shocked by this at all. Seems to me like the BE would be good streaming content for ESPN+ if they can get it. Question then becomes whether or not the schools have the production capacity on campus to put anything remotely appealing together (spoiler- outside of UConn the answer is NFW)
They basketball content with the aac next year is going to be awful… maybe there is a place for the big east there…but it would hurt our exposure…

Reaction Score
BE on ESPN+ would be a nightmare and would bury our league into nothingness until March madness. It would affect recruiting and the overall perception of the league. ESPN+ is hell, and anyone who has ever watched a game on it can attest that it's like watching a high school game on MYTV9

CL82

Reaction Score
I think the $7-9 million range is a fair estimate of what the deal will be. That is a number that would allow us to be competitive with the P5, never mind the P2.

To me the most interesting question regarding the big 12 rumors are what would they pay for Big East basketball only schools?

Let’s say fair market value is that $8 million figure you mentioned above. If that’s what they pay for the addition of Big East basketball only schools, why would anyone make that move? The joining schools would have virtually no bargaining power whatsoever and would be incurring additional travel costs of about $2 million. Effectively, you would lose money by going to the big 12.

Now, let’s say the big 12 would pay us some thing greater than our fair market value. Let’s say arbitrarily $15 million a bombend I doubt it would be that high.) First, that money has to come from somewhere. So either a media partner hast to pay us above the fair market value for our basketball, broadcast rights, or the other conference members have to take a lower share. Tough to get people to do either one of those.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I think the $7-9 million range is a fair estimate of what the deal will be. That is a number that would allow us to be competitive with the P5, never mind the P2.

To me the most interesting question regarding the big 12 rumors are what would they pay for Big East basketball only schools?

Let’s say fair market value is that $8 million figure you mentioned above. If that’s what they pay for the addition of Big East basketball only schools, why would anyone make that move? The joining schools would have virtually no bargaining power whatsoever and would be incurring additional travel costs of about $2 million. Effectively, you would lose money by going to the big 12.

Now, let’s say the big 12 would pay us some thing greater than our fair market value. Let’s say arbitrarily $15 million a bombend I doubt it would be that high.) First, that money has to come from somewhere. So either a media partner hast to pay us above the fair market value for our basketball, broadcast rights, or the other conference members have to take a lower share. Tough to get people to do either one of those.
The B12 is already on ESPN+.. if they add hoops only schools I have to imagine it’s in partnership with ESPN to try to bolster the games on that platform. That’s probably the most realistic path to the $9M number you laid out

I’m not advocating to go to ESPN+, I just think it’s the most sensible way we can get offered that type of money as I don’t see us having a 100% linear deal going forwards. Hell even the B1G is going to put some games on Peacock

CL82

Reaction Score
The B12 is already on ESPN+.. if they add hoops only schools I have to imagine it’s in partnership with ESPN to try to bolster the games on that platform. That’s probably the most realistic path to the $9M number you laid out

I’m not advocating to go to ESPN+, I just think it’s the most sensible way we can get offered that type of money as I don’t see us having a 100% linear deal going forwards. Hell even the B1G is going to put some games on Peacock
Yeah, don’t get me wrong. I am not advocating that at all. A big, bright side of being in the big east is the visibility that we have especially when we have games on Fox. At a hypothetical $9 million per school it makes no sense to go to the Big 12.

Reaction Score
The uconn women are doing so well with the tv ratings…. Now even in the big east games… 690000 viewers against villanova..that its like having 12 big east schools, but only paying for 11… thats got to be attractive to the networks

Reaction Score

I believe the car wash and basement rumors have us joinging for all sports, so we would be well north of 9M.

CL82

Reaction Score
I believe the car wash and basement rumors have us joinging for all sports, so we would be well north of 9M.
Carwash? Did you say carwash?!
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

Reaction Score
A lot of players bidding on media rights… got to bold well for the big east

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member