Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 334 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
And one can argue that UConn men were one of THE properties before the network decided to declare war on the old Big East and UConn in partucular. I am concenred that ESPN will try to either block UConn or bury them under increased exposue for 'their' teams going forward.
If it comes down to us being valuable enough to be narrated as Fox vs ESPN, I'd be elated to know we're of value at the Bohemian Grove!

Reaction Score
And one can argue that UConn men were one of THE properties before the network decided to declare war on the old Big East and UConn in partucular. I am concenred that ESPN will try to either block UConn or bury them under increased exposue for 'their' teams going forward.

I do not share your concern - ESPN has been blocking/burying us for nearly a decade. The positive I take away from this is that the adminsitration finally said, enough - enough of being devalued by the AAC and enough of being shoved aside by Espn

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the women have played on BTN and have gotten very good ratings. I’d give a women’s games to ESPN but they have to pay for it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the women have played on BTN and have gotten very good ratings. I’d give a women’s games to ESPN but they have to pay for it.
They got great ratings on Fox.

Reaction Score
At this point attendance is almost a moot point for Rutgers.

Moot in terms of media cash...but not so moot as a indicator of fan support.

Ruttie home schedule

BC...UMass...Liberty in OOC

Ohio State, Maryland, Minnesota, Michigan State

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Ruttie home schedule

I live in New Jersey so I talk to Rutgers fans all the time. They are grateful for the security that the Big 10 money gives them, but they know they “have to start winning.”

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that the SEC (not a fan) does not use the same fanciful accounting method of the Big 10 (14), which includes a portion of gate receipts as part of their payout to pump up the numbers. Neither the SEC nor the ACC do that I have read.

Reaction Score

Ruttie home schedule

BC will appreciate an away game in Piscataway as Addazio's staff has been recruiting hard in Jersey that last few years again, especially from the Catholics. It's good advertising for them, even better fif they win. Not that I want either team to win :mad:

Reaction Score
Yep...Addazio has 16 Jersey kids on the roster.

Now has Bon Jovi playing over the speakers and Snooki posters in the locker room.

Reaction Score
Yep...Addazio has 16 Jersey kids on the roster.

Now has Bon Jovi playing over the speakers and Snooki posters in the locker room.

That would be an improvement. When he was younger, he had pictures of himself in a football uniform (CCSU if I remember correctly) or shirtless lifting weights/flexing in the office.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well....Rutgers had 44,000 in the stands for Micgigan...45,000 for Penn State...32,000 for Indiana...37,000 for Illinois

Reaction Score
Well....Rutgers had 44,000 in the stands for Micgigan...45,000 for Penn State...32,000 for Indiana...37,000 for Illinois

A good chunk of Jersey high school students go to Penn State, so they will always draw well at Rutgers. Michigan and Ohio State fans travel well and they have large alumni bases in metro NYC, so they will come in droves, too. Past those three, it declines as the football brand name and alumni network gets smaller with each school. Nothing unusual there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“In the stands”.

That's the official attendance....as valid as anyone's because official attendance reporting is what it is, unregulated....as valid, anyway, as the losses reported by my business owner friend.

Reaction Score
looks like pregame...the captains walking out...

Guess them boys are still in traffic up there in the megapolis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom