Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 275 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
What does that even mean? They purchased the records? Huh? I'll tell you who owns the records for most championships in bball: UConn. And no one is taking those away.

Mark Emmert will try the next time North Carolina, Syracuse or Louisville cheats.

Reaction Score

I can't tell if you're really illiterate or if you just like to be obnoxious. The decision to move into the Big East would be UConn's because the Big East is full of a bunch of tiny schools with no fans, and Fox needs to add a team that people might actually watch. That obviously has nothing to do with the ACC/B10/B12. Do you understand now?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The link takes you to the same article posted last night in Premium Top Shelf - wonder if he got "refined" info on day or just click bait.

Yeah I only posted it because of the message in the tweet, not the article. He had originally said Thursday or Friday but in this tweet has narrowed it to Thursday.

Reaction Score
With Jacobs backing up Blauds info that Uconn is meeting with B12 Thursday, it appears that Blauds does have a source. Hopefully he is also correct that Uconn is one of 3 with a real shot

Reaction Score
Soooo...

Anybody got a recruiting update on Makai Ashton-Langford?

In case anyone was wondering, Makai Ashton-Langford just choose UConn over Providence. He is the #8 guard in his class, #33 overall.

When asked why he chose UConn over Providence, he replied "In the end, it was a no-brainer. Providence has never won anything. Good players want to play for championships."

Reaction Score
Gotta be honest the last thing I expected was a troll from somewhere as inconsequential as Providence to freak out tonight.
I'm not even positive he means to be a troll. But the exact same thing happens in almost every thread he's in, so the whole "whoa is me" routine is comical at this point.

If he's still surprised by the reactions, then he just isn't very bright.

Reaction Score
I'm not even positive he means to be a troll. But the exact same thing happens in almost every thread he's in, so the whole "whoa is me" routine is comical at this point.

If he's still surprised by the reactions, then he just isn't very bright.

This is basically the equivalent of the Knicks taking trash to the Warriors for losing Game 7.

Reaction Score
Somewhere "Mountain Man" AKA Okie Lite is L-A-F-F-I-N his a** off over the * he's stirred up in this thread over the last few pages. Will he return to reap the rewards of his labors? Stay tuned...

Nothing against you Ldandy but he really sticks up for UConn on the Land Thieves board. I wandered over there today and was happy someone was spreading our gospel. He has some verve. We should be more tolerant at times here. Perhaps I'm being schemed but don't think so.

Reaction Score
Another Wikipedia article sources this quote "The league [AAC] is the product of substantial turmoil in the original Big East Conference during the 2010–14 conference realignment period. It is one of two conferences to emerge from the all-sports Big East in 2013. While the other successor, which does not sponsor football, purchased the Big East Conference name,The American inherited the old Big East's structure and is that conference's legal successor. However, both conferences claim 1979 as their founding date, and the same history up to 2013. The American is headquartered in Providence, Rhode Island, and led by Commissioner Michael Aresco."

This seems reasonable and straightforward enough. As a parting remark with regard to the "dustup" with "Mountain Man" and "Friar J", it is nice to "disagree without becoming disagreeable yourself ". No doubt some of you folks are on pins and needles about CR and hope for the best for your school UConn. No one has a crystal ball to see the future however - and sure I would love to see my "alma mater" win the (still) mythical NC in CFB again this year but I have no more control on that than you folks do on UConn's potential landing spot (unless the Eastern religions' connectedness theories are correct which physics is seeming to support) and in that sense the famous quote from T. S. Eliot's "Murder in the Cathedral" seems appropriate: "only the fool fixed in his folly thinks he may turn the wheel on which he turns". Meanwhile, in case that quote is wrong, I will return to creative visualization of a 15-0 season ...

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

LOL got your panties in a bunch after losing out on MAL?

You troll here non-stop... and then when you get put in your place you cry? Please, leave. You won't be missed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom