Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 273 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
how about all that Jazz in Utah or the Lakes in Los Angeles.

Sure. And the Rams started in Cleveland. I was glad the Browns kept the name. St. Louis should have kept the Cardinals name, and Phoenix should be the Rattlers or something. Houston Oilers records are all in Nashville, but at least they changed the name.

Reaction Score
.... and there it is .... troll.

Thank you for your interest in the University of Connecticut.

[Ignore]

LOL. So predictable. I bet you are a lot of fun at social gatherings. Nothing I did was trolling in any way. I simply thought it was weird that a conference with Tulsa, Tulane, ECU etc would carry Big EASt BB records when actual members of the Big East who played there still play under the same name.

According to Mr Friar J it sounds like the old Big East records still belong to the new Big East. So I was neither a troll or stupid, I was right. You were not only wrong you are trolling for a response. Try acting like an adult. Sounds like you learned something today. You should thank Friar for the free lesson and you owe me an apology. Now take you foot outta your mouth.

Reaction Score

Going to be a huge battle between the MW and AAC once the Big 12 decides what to do. AAC will be trying to pull MW members like Boise and SDSU while at the same time the MW will be looking at schools like Rice, Hawaii, Wichita St, etc...

I"m curious to see if the Big Sky ends up being involved if the MW loses some schools.

Reaction Score
LOL. So predictable. I bet you are a lot of fun at social gatherings. Nothing I did was trolling in any way. I simply thought it was weird that a conference with Tulsa, Tulane, ECU etc would carry Big EASt BB records when actual members of the Big East who played there still play under the same name.

According to Mr Friar J it sounds like the old Big East records still belong to the new Big East. So I was neither a troll or stupid, I was right. You were not only wrong you are trolling for a response. Try acting like an adult. Sounds like you learned something today. You should thank Friar for the free lesson and you owe me an apology. Now take you foot outta your mouth.

You are both because you should:

a) Understand that the new Big East doesn't play football, so would have no reason to own the BE football history.

b) Understand that the current AAC includes football-playing members of the old Big East.

c) Get that by context, we are talking about football here.

d) Be able to add a + b + c together and understand why it would make sense that the AAC would own the Big East's FOOTBALL records.

Reaction Score
You realize the New Big East doesn't play football right? So why in god's name would would they carry the records?

Thanks Capt. Never said anything about football records. Talking everything else. Sounds like I was right. Funny how that works out after the intelligence insults. Thanks.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Pretty sure this was only after their offer to buy the pac12 record book was rejected.

Reaction Score
Joe D'Ambrosio@JoeDSports 7 mins ago
Today on @JoeDandGresh
335 @FigSNY on @Mets 4:12
@sluhm on @MountainWest expansion
@WTIC1080 @tunein

Not sure where else to put this but the color guy for the Maine game was Andy Gresh. I would gather this is the same Gresh that works with Joe D on WTIC.

I have never listened to Joe D and Gresh but I'll tell you what, Gresh did a flawless job on the TV call. As I watched the tape of UConn vs Maine, I was thinking, who is this Greash guy? IMO, he was really good. Not once did I think, shut up already.

Reaction Score
Not sure where else to put this but the color guy for the Maine game was Andy Gresh. I would gather this is the same Gresh that works with Joe D on WTIC.

I have never listened to Joe D and Gresh but I'll tell you what, Gresh did a flawless job on the TV call. As I watched the tape of UConn vs Maine, I was thinking, who is this Greash guy? IMO, he was really good. Not once did I think, shut up already.

I never heard him before, but I thought he sounded like Joe Rogan.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

My only question off his game call was whether he had the pronunciation of Peart right... he was drawing it out as 'Pee-art'.. I'd been thinking it was just 'Pert'.....

Reaction Score
My only question off his game call was whether he had the pronunciation of Peart right... he was drawing it out as 'Pee-art'.. I'd been thinking it was just 'Pert'.....

Thought the exact same thing. Too funny.

Reaction Score

Matt Peart (PARE-it)

Reaction Score
Thanks Capt. Never said anything about football records. Talking everything else. Sounds like I was right. Funny how that works out after the intelligence insults. Thanks.

You still think that it's worth arguing about which league has lost more schools, as though that has something to do with the league's current quality, so I'd say the insults to your intelligence were pretty much on the mark.

Reaction Score
I have never listened to Joe D and Gresh but I'll tell you what, Gresh did a flawless job on the TV call.
Gotta agree with you. He's a windbag on his radio show but he was great with in-game analysis and knowledge of UConn players and history. Plus kudos for getting the correct pronunciation of Peart, as per UConnHuskies.com.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Purchased the records"? They were scammed. You can get them off the internet for free.

Friar you can't "purchase" a record. It is held by the conference who earned it. Happy to see a link that says otherwise though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Read the cited article. ESPN: Report: $100M for football schools

Big East football schools will get almost all of a $110 million pot in a deal that will allow seven departing basketball schools to keep the name Big East and start playing in their own conference next season, a person familiar with the negotiations says.

The Yahoo article (Wetzel) does say history but doesn't source it anyway. It's wrong. You can't buy or sell history. It just is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom