Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 332 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I do not think that the ACC will ever have the revenue that the Big Ten and SEC do...it is extremely unlikely.

The ACC hasn't had the money of these two conferences for some time...

But the ACC will do OK athletically....Only twice, in all of these decades, has a conference pulled the difficult trick of being the football and basketball champions. And last year, it was the ACC.
It’s happened more than twice. The ACC did it in 2017. SEC did it in 2012. Heck Florida did it in 2007.

Reaction Score
Actually...two conferences have done it twice...the ACC and SEC...

I phrased that wrong...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does it though? Or at least, does it count for much? Serious question.

Let's say UL/UConn make a bowl. If UL fills the stands and UConn only fills half it's allotment, that's great for UL and all but does it mean much if the number of TV's watching at home is half that of UConn's (I don't know the exact numbers, but theoretically)? TV ad revenue could more than make up for any lost gate sales, I would think.

Of course you have a ton of other factors, but if TV is really running things, attendance doesn't really matter as long as the eyes are glued to the screens if they aren't at the park.

That’s not how TV ratings work and even if they did you are talking about 5k people.

Reaction Score
That’s not how TV ratings work and even if they did you are talking about 5k people.

Normal brain: UConn probably would’ve have been a more attractive ACC/Power Conference candidate if it had deeper, more successful football roots and a larger, more passionate fanbase.

Galaxy brain: UConn fans should stop attending all school sporting events

Reaction Score
Maybe he can joint the dude's conference realignment forum. Seems like he'd be right at home in that fringe.

Reaction Score
Small comfort considering what just happened but an interesting tweet from an Arizona Republic writer:

Reaction Score
These are probably appropriate here:

Chris Vannini @ChrisVannini 7 hours ago
Navy AD Chet Gladchuk to The Athletic on the AAC potentially replacing UConn down the road: "I don’t think we bring in anybody that doesn’t add value. That’ll be my vote. I don’t think we fill to fill. I have no interest in that."

Navy AD Chet Gladchuk doesn't believe UConn's impending departure will significantly affect the AAC TV deal. "The ratio of interest by ESPN on the AAC, it was overwhelming in football. … I don’t think losing UConn is going to affect us to any degree of any significance.”

Whether or not the AAC replaces UConn also ties into the TV deal. Navy AD Gladchuk: "It means there’s one less distribution to make. It means we get a little more of the revenue sharing. Anyone that comes in has got to be a plus rather than a fiscal detriment.”

Navy AD Gladchuk on UConn: "They were a good partner. I enjoyed the relationship with them, but if they think the grass is greener, they need to go grace in that direction. We want people affiliated with the conference that want to be there."

Reaction Score
Navy AD Gladchuk on UConn: "They were a good partner. I enjoyed the relationship with them, but if they think the grass is greener, they need to go grace in that direction. We want people affiliated with the conference that want to be there."

Hmmm...........I'm sure UConn wouldn't mind the exact same deal Navy has ---- football in the AAC and all other sports in a different conference. Seems to me that UConn "wants to be there" just as much as Navy does.

Reaction Score

Hmmm......I'm sure UConn wouldn't mind the exact same deal Navy has ---- football in the AAC and all other sports in a different conference. Seems to me that UConn "wants to be there" just as much as Navy does.
Seems his comments are a tad hypocritical coming from a football only..

Reaction Score
These are probably appropriate here:

Navy AD Chet Gladchuk to The Athletic on the AAC potentially replacing UConn down the road: "I don’t think we bring in anybody that doesn’t add value. That’ll be my vote. I don’t think we fill to fill. I have no interest in that."

Navy AD Chet Gladchuk doesn't believe UConn's impending departure will significantly affect the AAC TV deal. "The ratio of interest by ESPN on the AAC, it was overwhelming in football. … I don’t think losing UConn is going to affect us to any degree of any significance.”

Whether or not the AAC replaces UConn also ties into the TV deal. Navy AD Gladchuk: "It means there’s one less distribution to make. It means we get a little more of the revenue sharing. Anyone that comes in has got to be a plus rather than a fiscal detriment.”

That’s hilarious if this Gladchuk character really thinks ESPN will let them have UConn’s share.

Reaction Score
Several things from those Gladchuk quotes..

....He says ESPN's interest in the AAC was overwhelmingly in football.

....He says no expansion that dilutes individual payouts

....Hints that UConn's former share could be divvied up (something that the media let the Big 12 do when they went to 10).

The ESPN/football thought is probably accurate.
The no expansion that dilutes is probably accurate
The divvying up of UConn's shares is probably just hoping.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom