Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 307 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS · 8m8 minutes ago
This will go down as the most ridiculous quest for conference expansion in history. Such an embarrassing process.

The B1G, SEC, PAC and especially the ACC think its just great.

Reaction Score
Wow. How can you categorize this as a failure when there was no expansion?

Not like we missed out on anything here, no action was taken.

No one was picked. Is that really failing?

I wanted to be sure I wasn't the only one feeling that so I posted w/ no comment. The Courant Sports Editorial/Social Media Editorial/On-Line staff love doing that crap. I get they are dying and need to drive hits but man... it seems they revel in this schlit.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You know the media is desperate to push a story when I get a text from my wife like I did ten minutes ago:

Mrs. 8893: "What is the big 12 conference? Is that basketball?"

Me: "It is all sports, why?"

Mrs. 8893: "Breaking news on NBC that UConn won't be joining it. More to come at 6."

Reaction Score
No one was picked. Is that really failing?
Well ESPN and fox don't think we're worthy of P5 inclusion and are willing to pay to keep us and others out. So not really a fail but it shows how dead in our tracks we are.

Reaction Score
Well ESPN and fox don't think we're worthy of P5 inclusion and are willing to pay to keep us and others out. So not really a fail but it shows how dead in our tracks we are.

Look at our football team. It's hard to disagree with them.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
As much as it sucks for us, imagine being a Cincy fan where basically everyone in the world had them as a top 2 candidate throughout and now they will get the same rejection call from Bowlsby as Rice will.
Um, we've been that school - so yeah - I'm not really feeling bad for them.

Reaction Score
As much as it sucks for us, imagine being a Cincy fan where basically everyone in the world had them as a top 2 candidate throughout and now they will get the same rejection call from Bowlsby as Rice will.
Saw this posted on the Cincy board regarding the Cincy President's tweet:

Steak Knives.

What is she supposed to say? We didn't get it done and just spent the GDP of a small country on luxury boxes that will be empty and club seat contracts that will not be renewed after next year.

Reaction Score
Why do people insist on these dumb comments when Rutgers - which is in a P5 conference - lost by 70+ the other week.

UConn football is not good, but there are many bad football programs in P5 conferences.
We know why Rutgers is in the B1G

Reaction Score
Why do people insist on these dumb comments when Rutgers - which is in a P5 conference - lost by 70+ the other week.

UConn football is not good, but there are many bad football programs in P5 conferences.

That argument won't win us a spot in a real conference.

Rutgers is there because of where they are.

Since we aren't there then our football program has to make up for a mediocre location.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
How did I never notice Fartman69 as a user name? It's nice to get a laugh today. Though I would suggest those activities should be mutually exclusive. May explain why you are still single.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom