Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 299 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
In the next 10 years, contraction is more likely than expansion. First,the G5 schools that should be in, followed by any school in Big 12 not named OU or UT, followed by bottom feeders of remaining schools. Trickle down doesn't work. By 2050, college football may barely exist. By 2035, few if any will care. Life goes on.
All I hope is that Congress goes after the NCAA and removes it's non profit status! Time to call them out for what they really are.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
In the next 10 years, contraction is more likely than expansion. First,the G5 schools that should be in, followed by any school in Big 12 not named OU or UT, followed by bottom feeders of remaining schools. Trickle down doesn't work. By 2050, college football may barely exist. By 2035, few if any will care. Life goes on.
All I hope is that Congress goes after the NCAA and removes it's non profit status! Time to call them out for what they really are.

The current conference/TV model just isn't sustainable. They are killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Instead of grabbing for as much money as possible, and killing tradition in the process, they should have kept the conferences regional and instead of undercutting each other (and killing the BE) should have collectively bargained media deals. yes it would have been less money for some of the bigger schools but it would have been far healthier for college football (and all sports) in general.

Reaction Score
The current conference/TV model just isn't sustainable. They are killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Instead of grabbing for as much money as possible, and killing tradition in the process, they should have kept the conferences regional and instead of undercutting each other (and killing the BE) should have collectively bargained media deals. yes it would have been less money for some of the bigger schools but it would have been far healthier for college football (and all sports) in general.

I don't think it is a money grab only. They are pouring money into facilities and coaching with the expectation the money will be there in the future.

Reaction Score
Shows how difficult it will be for the Big 10 to expand. Their network will lose tens of millons of subs over the next 7 years.

If they are planning on 52 million each at that point any new schools would need to bring 70 million a year in to even be considered.

The 14 current schools aren't giving up network equity to anyone who doesn't increase their individual rake.

The Big 12 is far from dead. Texas + Oklahoma doesn't approach 140 million a year.

With A&M already in the SEC - Texas brings even less marginal revenue to the SEC even if the hurdle is lower.

By 2025 the PAC 12 network will have gone the way of the MTN.

Texas and Oklahoma will find their best athletic and financial deal exactly where they are.

The ACC deal into the 2030s ended expansion for the P5.
It's why I posted it. Every day that goes by feels it is getting closer to midnight for us as far as getting into a p5.

Those financial numbers are absurd. Rutgers starts getting full shares in 2021.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Trojan supports UConn to P5

Reaction Score
Jez, look at the list of the "Bottom 10". You'd think the Catholics and the Mormons would finally realize that sex by consenting adults does happen frequently outside of marriage (e.g. in college) and the Immaculate Conception was a "one off" deal.

The Immaculate Conception happened at least twice. It doesn't refer to Jesus's conception, by the way.

Reaction Score
The Immaculate Conception happened at least twice. It doesn't refer to Jesus's conception, by the way.

It is referring to the conception of the Blessed Virgin - that much I knew. I'm a "lapsed" catholic (I'll admit it, but they won't.), but I am familiar with the Catholic Catechism.
OK - enough about religion - just trying to keep it light. Caveat - I'm really counting on the existence of purgatory. I don't think I want an "up or down" vote right off the bat. I do hope they count the last 5 years, while our beloved Huskies have been in CR purgatory, towards all of our purgatory sentences. (And - No, I haven't come across anyone on this board that doesn't deserve at least a short stretch there.)

Reaction Score
Jez, look at the list of the "Bottom 10". You'd think the Catholics and the Mormons would finally realize that sex by consenting adults does happen frequently outside of marriage (e.g. in college) and the Immaculate Conception was a "one off" deal.
The immaculate conception really has nothing to do with sex
It has to do with original sin
It's often confused with the Virgin Birth by the ignorant.
You probably went to Catholic School ,what a failure of education.
Notre Dame is not considered Cstholic at least by the Newman standards ,it's totally considered heterodox.

Reaction Score
The immaculate conception really has nothing to do with sex
It has to do with original sin
It's often confused with the Virgin Birth by the ignorant.
You probably went to Catholic School ,what a failure of education.
Notre Dame is not considered Cstholic at least by the Newman standards ,it's totally considered heterodox.

Yes to insure she was born free of the Original sin derived from the consequences of the fall of man. But enough of that, I'll see you in purgatory...

Reaction Score
I believe the BY CR board is suficient purgation.

Bravo!!!

As I have suggested we all deserve some dispensation for having lived with the grossly disproportionate amount of guano UConn has put up with in this CR hell.

Reaction Score
Stay in AAC and add some combination of Air Force, Boise or BYU as football only

or even GA Southern, which is on the rise and in a good market

Back up plan = stay in the America and understand we won't be able to pay coaches like we have in the past. Moving to the BE or anywhere else won't material improve the media $, so AAC it is.

Reaction Score
Power Lunch Chat: Columnist Berry Tramel
Power Lunch Chat: Columnist Berry Tramel

Pete McPeat
What becomes of Iowa State, Kansas State, Texas Tech and TCU if OU leaves the Big XII? Some say we don't owe them anything but Iowa State and Kansas State have been foes and allies for many many years.

Berry Tramel
I'm with you. I actually think Kansas State and Kansas and Texas Tech will find safe havens. But TCU and Baylor I'm not as sure about. And I am horrified for Iowa State. The Cyclones could be totally left out. It would be a crying shame if Washington State and Rutgers and Wake Forest are in Power 5 conferences and Iowa State is not. That would be a crime.

Tony
Berry - the big 12 is hurting ou in recruiting plain and simple. Why would a 5 star want to play in this league? He'll regress and get lit up in the NFL. To be ready he needs to be in the SEC. Thanks Boren. Get us to the SEC. Legacy tarnished if you don't.

Berry Tramel
The Big 12 is hurting OU in recruiting, no doubt. That's why OU has to make a decision. Is that problem rectifiable? Or is it beyond help? I think that question is not answerable right now. That's why I believe the Sooners are playing the waiting game. They would prefer to stay in the Big 12, for a variety of good reasons. But it might not be possible.

SoonerBornDFW
Hi Berry. Just wondering if you had any information about this Big 12 Presidents meeting on the 17th. Are they still meeting to discuss adding teams? It sounds like that whole idea has lost steam if not fallen through completely. Thanks!

Berry Tramel
I don't think they're going to make any expansion decisions, but they could make some championship game decisions. It's all a good question. I probably need to get down there for that.

TheDrake
I still think your full merger idea (with the PAC) is the best idea. Big money for a superconference and no teams get left out. Plus Fox already had deals to show Big 12 and Pac content anyway.

Berry Tramel
I think it would work. You might be able to pull it off even with the Longhorn Network, but you definitely could make it go without the Longhorn Network. You might shift Colorado back this way, I don't know. Or you could remain two conferences, perhaps have a scheduling alliance and just be a TV entity. As you mentioned, in some ways, that's already happening.

Steve
Barry, what would your educated guess be on where the Big 12 teams will be in 10 years

Berry Tramel
Oh, I would probably say Kansas and Texas to the Big Ten. OU, OSU, Tech and TCU to the Pac-12. Kansas State and West Virginia to the SEC. Baylor probably nowhere and Iowa State probably nowhere but maybe to the ACC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Steve
Barry, what would your educated guess be on where the Big 12 teams will be in 10 years

Berry Tramel
Oh, I would probably say Kansas and Texas to the Big Ten. OU, OSU, Tech and TCU to the Pac-12. Kansas State and West Virginia to the SEC. Baylor probably nowhere and Iowa State probably nowhere but maybe to the ACC.

@whaler11 thinks we should only follow legitimate news sources. The comment above by Tramel was as stupid as anything the Dood has ever tweeted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@whaler11 thinks we should only follow legitimate news sources. The comment above by Tramel was as stupid as anything the Dood has ever tweeted.

So because Berry is insane that means go with the voices in Flug's head?

Reaction Score
"Berry Tramel
I don't think they're going to make any expansion decisions, but they could make some championship game decisions. It's all a good question. I probably need to get down there for that."

"Maybe I should do my job. Hmmmmm"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom