Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 243 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
BYU changes Honor Code requirements after religious discrimination complaint

PROVO, Utah — Brigham Young University has “relaxed” a few of its Honor Code policies after a religious discrimination complaint was filed with the American Bar Association, according to a news release from the activist group “FreeBYU.”

FreeBYU urges the university to update their Honor Code “to allow LDS students to change their personal religious beliefs without being expelled from the University and evicted from their housing,” according to their mission statement.

BYU adjusts Honor Code requirements after religious discrimination complaint

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
FINALLY. Someone helps set the record straight

To be fair, this isn't the first time he's retweeted stuff like this. What I like is that it mentions being a Big 12 candidate and he still had the cojones to retweet it. So he clearly isn't under a gag order not to acknowledge that we consider ourselves a candidate.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

PROVO, Utah — Brigham Young University has “relaxed” a few of its Honor Code policies after a religious discrimination complaint was filed with the American Bar Association, according to a news release from the activist group “FreeBYU.”

FreeBYU urges the university to update their Honor Code “to allow LDS students to change their personal religious beliefs without being expelled from the University and evicted from their housing,” according to their mission statement.

Requirement for Big 12 acceptance met.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Very narrow set of changes per the article... Doesn't seem to address the LGBT debate?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Not even close (assuming the requirement is real). This pertains only to people who change their religious affiliation (i.e. Mormon to Catholic), not LGBT.

I suppose I should have actually read it all and not just the bolded text.

Reaction Score
Requirement for Big 12 acceptance met.
Not entirely, this wasn't the part of the Honor Code that was being protested. It's certainly a sign that they're open to change, but this does not address the LGBT discrimination claims.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
He may have received erroneous information, it appears.

Not necessarily. ADB is reporting we are in the midst of the AAU application process. That would be working toward P5 status. No one said it would get us in to a P5, (B1G membership I think would be the implication) but being an AAU member is certainly one stated benchmark for at least one conference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. ADB is reporting we are in the midst of the AAU application process. That would be working toward P5 status. No one said it would get us in to a P5, (B1G membership I think would be the implication) but being an AAU member is certainly one stated benchmark for at least one conference.
That is great news. However, should it happen, there is still no need for the B1G to expand as there will be no partner available to join with UConn until at least a decade from now. Could be great news when the Big 12 GOR expires, as UConn could then have a partner. But now, it really seems the Big 12 is the only game in town that could save UConn. Given the mega buck the B1G has, they don't need anyone.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I may have missed it, but where are they saying that? Didn't see it on their site.

Reaction Score
Hard to argue that UCONN is primed for AAU admission.

Phase I indicators

Competitively funded federal research support;

U. Connecticut
2005 223,192
2006. 225,274
2007. 233,774
2008 233,246
2009 232,944
2010. 237,908
2011. 253,792
2012. 256,854
2013. 242,251
2014. 258,056

Membership in the National Academies (NAS, NAE, NAM)
NAS 2
NAE 2
NAM 16

There are other phase I indicators dealing with research cites, etc. But these two are the biggies.

Reaction Score
  1. Beverly Davenport ‏@UCPrezDav 2h2 hours ago
    Beverly Davenport Retweeted E. Michael Kamp
    Beverly Davenport added,
    I had better start hitting the weights hard!
    1f602.png

CqGlGGYWEAAvo22.jpg

E. Michael Kamp @Epfourteen
    @UCPrezDav @TTuberville @CoachCroninUC when they announce @GoBEARCATS to The @Big12Conference pic.twitter.com/3a3Nw7Q9DB

Reaction Score
    Beverly Davenport added,
    1f602.png

CqGlGGYWEAAvo22.jpg

@UCPrezDav @TTuberville @CoachCroninUC when they announce @GoBEARCATS to The @Big12Conference pic.twitter.com/3a3Nw7Q9DB
    9 retweets 36 likes

This is actually really embarrassing. I complained about Suzie's comments the other day but that's a better alternative to this nonsense. I think.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
    Beverly Davenport added,
    1f602.png

CqGlGGYWEAAvo22.jpg

9 retweets 36 likes

Wow, this is really going to knock Fenves's socks off when he's scrolling through his Twitterfeed! Why can't we be more like this? /s

Reaction Score
Posted on the Cincy board:

• Holy crap. She's not even hiding it at this point. Could these be the leaks Mac mentioned we
    • would start seeing?

Reaction Score
A Dime Back ‏@ADimeBack · Aug 16
As we've reported in the past, UConn is in the middle of AAU application process, & meeting benchmarks, sources say.

I thought that you didn't apply to AAU, but that they invited you.

Obviously they would tell you the parameters but then it was up to you to meet them and then they would say OK you're invited.

Reaction Score
I think the gist is that UConn knows what it takes for them to become considered by the AAU and they are attempting to do what they can to hit it. I'm sure the state budget issues will mean it takes longer to hit AAU status but it still may be possible by 2023 (we can all hope).

There have been reports (I think in the Courant from sources) that UConn has reached out to the ACC and B1G recently and asked what they could do to be considered in expansion. I'm sure the B1G told them, well being AAU would help...probably gave them a few pointers, etc.

I think Delany is intrigued by us. Maybe not a full-blown hard-on, but I think if UConn hit some B1G milestones before 2023 then he (or his successor) would like to complete the move east and surround NYC and get a foothold into the New England market. How many options are left anyway now that the ACC is in lockdown? You've got UConn, Kansas, OK and Texas as the 4 state U's that are out there in 8 years when the B1G's TV deal expires. We may have a decent shot at the B1G in 2023 if we keep moving forward academically and with our football program and its fan support IMO

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow, this is really going to knock Fenves's socks off when he's scrolling through his Twitterfeed! Why can't we be more like this? /s

Oh good more passive aggressive sarcasm attempting to convey the idea that anyone has called for this.

Good stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom