Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 282 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Let's see...

Which of the B12's expansion candidates could help the league the most in attracting new sports streaming platforms like this:

Amazon Said to Seek Sports Video Rights From Tennis to Rugby

(I know it's not a tweet, but it is key.)

Hopefully the Big 12 was watching when the PACN signed a deal with Sling recently. The opportunity is there for the Big 12 to not only catch up from an image perspective but jump ahead by taking the conference network to streaming services like Amazon, Twitter, Hulu, etc.. while others are tied to ESPN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. Cincinnati and BYU haven't presented yet? Is that because the Big 12 scheduled them for later this week or next? If so, why? If it's not because of the Big 12, then what the hell else are UC and BYU doing right now? Odd that they'd be so late in the interview process.
Unless there was meaning in the order of presentations, with the two favored candidates going last.

Reaction Score
Re Houston not going yet...
He didn't say Houston hadn't gone yet, it's BYU and Cincinnati who haven't and apparently won't until next week. CL's point could be true that they're saving their two favorites for last, but if I'm in the BYU and UC camp I have to be a little jittery sitting around for days while all of my competition has their chance to state their case.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
He didn't say Houston hadn't gone yet, it's BYU and Cincinnati who haven't and apparently won't until next week. CL's point could be true that they're saving their two favorites for last, but if I'm in the BYU and UC camp I have to be a little jittery sitting around for days while all of my competition has their chance to state their case.
According to the Cincy board on csnbbs, they presented today.

Reaction Score
It would seem to me that a combination of UC/BYU/UConn/UCF would provide the most new eyeballs for B12 TV versus any other 4 team combo. If I am a network, this would get my vote.

Reaction Score
if that reporting is correct, then UConn's best chance is if BYU and UH are football only members and UC and UConn full members

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
if that reporting is correct, then UConn's best chance is if BYU and UH are football only members and UC and UConn full members
That would make sense as football is the only program at Houston that seems relevant right now. If you're going to take a school as FB only UH seems to fit that bill. If/when UT leaves then they can add them for all sports.

Seeing people think UH should be an all sport member and UConn should be a FB only add is just asinine.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Is there a SoundCloud or something that we could tap into?

I think you can play the show on Sirius' on demand if you have an account. I don't have an account so I'm not really sure how to do it or how it all works.

Reaction Score
Brando realizes that if they expand tomorrow the team's won't arrive until next season right?

Reaction Score
If Texas runs the table or even have one loss, there's a slim chance they're left out. Their remaining road schedule is very doable, at Cal, OK State, K State, Tech, Kansas. Outside of the OU neutral game, all of the Big 12's best teams go to Austin - WVU, Baylor, and TCU.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wow. I would have put good money on the fact that UConn and BYU were locks for expansion when this all started, due to it being done primarily for tv money purposes. But if this backlash gets enough traction, it looks like UConn / Cincy will be the favorites in my opinion...

Reaction Score
Wow. I would have put good money on the fact that UConn and BYU were locks for expansion when this all started, due to it being done primarily for tv money purposes. But if this backlash gets enough traction, it looks like UConn / Cincy will be the favorites in my opinion...

I don't care who the 2nd one is, as long as UConn is the first. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom