Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 234 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the AAC TV deal becomes void if 1 or 2 members left from the group of UConn, Cincinnati, Houston and maybe Temple?

In the event that Cincinnati and Houston leave, it's may day. At that point I think we'd have enough sway to remain in the AAC as football only and try to get into the Big East for hoops.

I've always been a proponent of staying the course in the AAC but this would be enough to end that.
I was going to respond with a somewhat snarky response because the Big East money would probably equate to $2.97. But at least the hoops would include Villanova and Georgetown...

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
From UH's scout board via Chip Brown...full paragraph posted in link

LATEST ON BIG 12 - FOCUS ON CINCY AND UH (NOT SO MUCH ON BYU)
I'm hearing Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, Oklahoma president David Boren and Texas president Greg Fenves as well as the Big 12's TV partners have been working overtime since the Big 12 began "actively evaluating" two to four candidates for expansion.
And for those wondering why the Big 12 made a public cattle call for potential expansion candidates back on July 19, I'm told the league did so to avoid any claims of tortious interference that could be made by the leagues of any schools the Big 12 spoke with.
As long as schools in other leagues were the ones seeking out the Big 12, any legal claims of the Big 12 being a home wrecker would be diminished, I'm told.
After talking to sources in the Big 12 as well as TV industry sources, it sounds like the Big 12 will expand by two - and not four - because there's a chance a couple schools currently in Power 5 conferences might want to join the Big 12 closer to 2024, when most all of the P5 leagues have Tier 1 & 2 TV rights packages expiring.
If the Big 12 was to expand by two right now, I'm told by most of the sources I spoke with it would be Cincinnati and Houston.
Cincinnati has been perhaps the most consensus candidate for the Big 12 since July 19, when the league's presidents and chancellors announced the league would be actively evaluating expansion candidates. The pros for Cincinnati are its location in a football-crazed state, with solid TV markets (and college football ratings), located in the middle of the country, making travel manageable while serving as a regional partner for

All Things Conference Realignment / Expansion
If they are bringing in other P5 football schools they could afford our flagship and slightly inferior football in place of Cincy.

Reaction Score
The point is other Governors have spoken up publicly in favor of their respective favored candidates. Why can't this so-called impotent jerk do the same?

>"It's no surprise that there is a lot of attention being paid to UConn and the potential for a conference move," Malloy answered in an email. "UConn would offer any conference a very unique combination of academic excellence and strong geographic positioning that spans the greater Northeast, including New York. The school's 21 national championships, including eight in the last five years, speak for themselves. And as all of us know, Husky fans are some of the best in the nation. We've communicated closely with UConn and we will continue to provide support to the university in any way possible to make this happen, while remaining respectful of the conferences and their process."<

He's doing exactly what UConn (and advisors) are asking him to do...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
>"It's no surprise that there is a lot of attention being paid to UConn and the potential for a conference move," Malloy answered in an email. "UConn would offer any conference a very unique combination of academic excellence and strong geographic positioning that spans the greater Northeast, including New York. The school's 21 national championships, including eight in the last five years, speak for themselves. And as all of us know, Husky fans are some of the best in the nation. We've communicated closely with UConn and we will continue to provide support to the university in any way possible to make this happen, while remaining respectful of the conferences and their process."<

He's doing exactly what UConn (and advisors) are asking him to do...

Wow, one response to an e-mail message, and you proclaim he's doing "exactly what UConn (and advisors) are asking him to do"? Based on what evidence? How do we know what anybody wants this clown to do? The only reason we know about it is he didn't filter it through the UConn Foundation so it wasn't exempt from a FOIA request, I guess.

Are you serious? If this is the extent of his involvement, it's beyond pathetic. Some random e-mail some media type got a hold of is nothing. You must have voted for the turd.

Reaction Score
Wow, one response to an e-mail message, and you proclaim he's doing "exactly what UConn (and advisors) are asking him to do"? Based on what evidence? How do we know what anybody wants this clown to do? The only reason we know about it is he didn't filter it through the UConn Foundation so it wasn't exempt from a FOIA request, I guess.

Are you serious? If this is the extent of his involvement, it's beyond pathetic. Some random e-mail some media type got a hold of is nothing. You must have voted for the turd.

Give it a rest.

Reaction Score

Clown mode... You stated he hasn't responded publicly in support of UConn, I provided proof he did (... And if you don't think that statement was in response to a question of " what do you want me to say" you are thinking in a vacuum).

You already have your mind made up, go with it.

(And for the record - I didn't vote for him).

Reaction Score
It's becoming obvious this is a public game of chicken. ESPN will devalue everything to destabilize the conference and the big 12 is going to float devry and netts next as 19 and 20

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

If UConn is under NDA regarding discussions with B12 - and it makes sense that they would be - Malloy is the head of the BoT. There's nothing he can say. Aside from the fact that UConn has been very unified in not airing things publicly.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If UConn is under NDA regarding discussions with B12 - and it makes sense that they would be - Malloy is the head of the BoT. There's nothing he can say. Aside from the fact that UConn has been very unified in not airing things publicly.

You'd already have been picked if you're subject to an NDA. So you're saying we've already been picked? I'd certainly like to believe that, but it's pretty difficult to see how, based on eveything else going on at present. Nobody else is shutting up, so I find it hard to believe we are sitting in the clubhouse by ourselves.

pj

Reaction Score
I do not believe any of this. Everyday there is a different source or rumor that contradicts the last one from the previous day. 17 teams really?? Did they start including the Ivy League now?

The Ivy League have a history as football powers, and they give you the New England and New York markets, which are the last major untapped market for college football. It makes perfect sense to go after the New England and New York markets.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You'd already have been picked if you're subject to an NDA.
According to who? While the remote possibility that we have already been picked does exist, I doubt that has happened yet. We have however signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Reaction Score

It's not an issue that they're interviewing 17 teams. It's an issue that it's so public. Who knows, maybe someone *knows* there are only 2-4 viable candidates, and is getting pushback. So he/she says "ok, you want to see what else all these other schools don't have to offer then? Fine. We'll disregard all the research we paid for and will show you how bad most of the options are, and show you how far ahead out top 4 candidates are from the rest"

Reaction Score
Seriously with this list? Arkansas State? Right....

Honestly it seems like I could ask Westconn to be included for an interview and they would say ok. Someone is trying to make a point, not sure what the point is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom