Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 259 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte · 1h1 hour ago
LIVE on #Periscope: Houston press conference

. @UHouston basketball arena to be called The Fertitta Center

AD Hunter Yurachek says funding still needed for arena in the ‘seven-figure range’ but things still on track

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte · 57m57 minutes ago
Asked if he thinks UH has enough support to join Big 12, Fertitta says: ‘I don’t see how you don’t say Houston when it’s all over with.'

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte · 56m56 minutes ago
UH board chairman Tilman Fertitta expects a Big 12 decision ‘will all be over' within 60-90 days 'and hopefully UH will be in the Big 12'

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte · 14m14 minutes ago  Houston, TX
. @UHouston board of regents will vote today to approve negotiating contracts to begin new @UHCougarFB indoor practice facility

Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte
@UHCougars beat writer for @HoustonChron.

Reaction Score
LIVE on #Periscope: Houston press conference

. @UHouston basketball arena to be called The Fertitta Center

AD Hunter Yurachek says funding still needed for arena in the ‘seven-figure range’ but things still on track

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte · 57m57 minutes ago
Asked if he thinks UH has enough support to join Big 12, Fertitta says: ‘I don’t see how you don’t say Houston when it’s all over with.'

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte · 56m56 minutes ago
UH board chairman Tilman Fertitta expects a Big 12 decision ‘will all be over' within 60-90 days 'and hopefully UH will be in the Big 12'

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte · 14m14 minutes ago  Houston, TX
. @UHouston board of regents will vote today to approve negotiating contracts to begin new @UHCougarFB indoor practice facility

Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte
@UHCougars beat writer for @HoustonChron.

$20m donation allows him to have a bunch of opinions! Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. Nice sugar daddy.

Reaction Score

The fact that someone could cut a $20 million check to Houston and they still need funding for the arena in the 'seven-figure range' should tell you how much a giant mess Houston is and what a colossal risk it would be for the Big 12 to invest in them.

Reaction Score
Houston would be a major drag on the Big 12. A&M owns that city and always will. It makes no difference how they do on the field.

Reaction Score
Have these people that think Houston to the Big 12 is a sure thing seen their crowds recently at basketball games? Man, I know football drives the bus, but I don't think UConn has played in front of more depressing and smaller crowds this millennium and that includes games at Tulane and ECU. Houston was not even able to get sell-out crowds for football games in what amounted to their dream season. The city of Houston simply does not care about the University of Houston.

Reaction Score
Have these people that think Houston to the Big 12 is a sure thing seen their crowds recently at basketball games? Man, I know football drives the bus, but I don't think UConn has played in front of more depressing and smaller crowds this millennium and that includes games at Tulane and ECU. Houston was not even able to get sell-out crowds for football games in what amounted to their dream season. The city of Houston simply does not care about the University of Houston.

You're right that they don't care. They may start to care someday, but it will take a good 25-30 years of building.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
And ECU chimes in. This one also looks desperate.

Pirate Nation - lol... and delivering the whole state of North Carolina... OK

image.jpeg

Reaction Score
JMHO, but Coach Loeffler just ran into a series of bad luck; too many to recount here.

I'm not saying he is the next great head coach nor the next great offense coordinator. I just want to be fair to the man; he knows how to coach QBs and he was Coach Addazio's OC when they were both at Temple during the 2011 - 2012 season. Temple went 9-4 that year. It could be that Addazio provided guidance and overrode some of OC Loeffler's manic tendencies.
Addazio has the offensive creativity of Paul Pasqualoni on his best day and GeorgcDeleone on an average day. I have no idea how good or bad Loefler is but Addazio hand cuffs coordinators with the best of them.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

View attachment 15174

To clarify this letter was actually a follow up letter from the ECU AD a few days after the school chancellor formal letter.

Where's our #UConnNation follow up letter David?
(I'm kidding)

Reaction Score
This whole process with the public letters and the inviting of 20 to submit their credentials is a freaking circus. I am thinking this whole show ends up with no expansion and a boatload of backstabbing. At the end, people will acknowledge the AAC as a power conference with a better revenue model because of all of this discussion is opening some eyes.

Reaction Score

View attachment 15174

this whole show is so pathetic. asking schools outside of the P5 to send you a letter to express interest in joining the P5? Seriously?

everyone's interested. there you go. if your data says you should invite literally any school in the G5, outside of maybe the Ivy League, they're interested in joining the Big 12. there's no need to have presidents and ADs publicly getting down on their hands and knees to beg you for consideration. this is disrespectful.

Reaction Score
Houston would be a major drag on the Big 12. A&M owns that city and always will. It makes no difference how they do on the field.

No to mention U Texas and LSU, which is not far away, while they also have to compete with several pro teams - Astros, Texans, Rockets & even the local MLS team that draws 19K a game.

Reaction Score
Don't you know that competing with pro sports isn't a big deal unless you're UConn?

Especially BC, Tom Brady's cut finger will get more local press than BC's football and basketball programs combined this year.

Reaction Score

We sold out multiple games this past season. In fact we outdrew UCONN by thousands so if nobody cares about us then what does that say about UCONN? Oh and also keep in mind that we had as many games in the Top 10 TV ratings in the Houston market as the entire Big 12. Let's also not forget that UCONN didn't draw a single game over 30k this past season. You guys are so desperate to try and discredit us that it's downright laughable. If you guys didn't try to sue the ACC, you'd probably be in it right now. UCONN has nobody to blame but themselves and perhaps Boston College.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We sold out multiple games this past season. In fact we outdrew UCONN by thousands so if nobody cares about us then what does that say about UCONN? Oh and also keep in mind that we had as many games in the Top 10 TV ratings in the Houston market as the entire Big 12. Let's also not forget that UCONN didn't draw a single game over 30k this past season. You guys are so desperate to try and discredit us that it's downright laughable. If you guys didn't try to sue the ACC, you'd probably be in it right now. UCONN has nobody to blame but themselves and perhaps Boston College.

920x920.jpg

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Such a safety school response.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
this whole show is so pathetic. asking schools outside of the P5 to send you a letter to express interest in joining the P5? Seriously?

everyone's interested. there you go. if your data says you should invite literally any school in the G5, outside of maybe the Ivy League, they're interested in joining the Big 12. there's no need to have presidents and ADs publicly getting down on their hands and knees to beg you for consideration. this is disrespectful.
It kind of feels like they are looking to create a defense to a tampering or interference with contract claim against the Big 12. They don't instigate the process but they will respond to someone else's initiative.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tom Brady cutting a fart would get more press.
And their would be a 15 page thread on the Boneyard as to the implications of the Ideal Gas Law on the dispertion of the fumes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom