Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 238 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Someone tried to blame Herbst for us not getting in the ACC earlier and I said Hathaway was responsible and whaler called me out on changing the subject instead of responding to my post directly.
The fact is Herbst was slow to get on the CR train. She wasted a crucial year plus. The interim AD she brought in was totally clueless.

Reaction Score
In that article i was lead to believe that the OU professor that was quoted specifically mentioned Uconn over all the others, yet espn filled in byu, cincinatti and etc..

Reaction Score
For one nothing is more insufferable than an adult who uses a rolling eyes emoji.

Secondly - the idea that there aren't a few dozen people here who don't know this stuff inside and out - probably better than anyone is Storrs is silly.

Hell we have people who have spent more time selling UConn than the frigging school has.

Honestly, do you really think Dooley or UConn6thBorough has much effect? If this is influenced by sportswriters in Houston, KC, OKC and Austin ... we never had a shot. I think, intellectually, we knew our best play: Neal Pilson, Mike Tranghese, People at SNY/Fox pushing for East Coast eyes.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
In that article i was lead to believe that the OU professor that was quoted specifically mentioned Uconn over all the others, yet espn filled in byu, cincinatti and etc..
I thought the same.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Honestly, do you really think Dooley or UConn6thBorough has much effect? If this is influenced by sportswriters in Houston, KC, OKC and Austin ... we never had a shot. I think, intellectually, we knew our best play: Neal Pilson, Mike Tranghese, People at SNY/Fox pushing for East Coast eyes.

Actually, I've seen a few exchanges between Dooley and uninformed sports writers where Dooley presents the information and the writer acknowledges that they didn't know something about UConn and that they appreciated the information.

The less mainstream writers that put out facts that we are no better than UMass, the better.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Supposedly,the Big 12 has been tight lipped,as to what direction they are going,and to what will or may occur with expansion and how many expansion teams,if any,will be and who they are.If that is the case,then I would have to believe that they have asked interested schools,and schools that they find most attractive to expansion,be tight lipped,too.Therefore,the administration of Connecticut,is in all probability,conforming to the wishes of the Big 12,and any other conference who may be talking to Connecticut,as to keeping a lid on the jar,so to speak.In doing so,all the administration can do is send out something completely vague and uninspiring.
With this all taken into account,I would be shocked,amazed,and concerned if anything was even the slightest bit leaked for the entertainment or knowledge of the situation,just for the fan base,when it comes to what Connecticut is doing,and what is happening behind closed doors.
This administration at Connecticut,has not only shown upgrading facilities is important,but they have also hired good people,recently,to implement a game plan, to improve the experience,not only of sport related activities,but a better education for those that look to experience a better future.
I say,we trust this administration,and on top of that,get behind them,and expect good results.There are things going on,that we,as fans,do not see,and probably will never know as to the urgency and commitment of the powers that be,at Connecticut.This will all play out,one way or another,but I suspect,there will be more smiles than frowns,when it is over.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · Aug 12
Big 12 will hold video conferences w/17 schools; Big 12 expanding by 4 “less & less likely,” sources told @ESPN

Djct1999 ‏@djct1999 · 4h4 hours ago
@McMurphyESPN @espn
Sources told ESPN? ESPN is the source. This is what they want. What helps their struggling bottomline.

Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN
@djct1999 Sources are not ESPN. I could care less if the Big 12 adds two teams or 20 teams. I’m reporting the news. That’s it

Andrea ‏@NoMas82 · 13h13 hours ago
@EdDaigneault @jacobscourant @BCgenius
why is ESPN mouthpiece @McMurphyESPN is showing up everywhere to advocate for Big 12 to expand by 2

@NoMas82
Not advocating; reporting. So Big 12 is going to add as many teams as I say? Great. I want them to add 3. Let’s see if it happens

LO ‏@Not_jro · 12h12 hours ago
@McMurphyESPN @NoMas82
seems like a conflict of interest given ESPNs financial implications of a 2 vs 4 exp. hard to come off objective imo

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 5h5 hours ag0
@Not_jro
hard for you I guess. Every source I speak w/says Big 12 likely adding 2, not 4; so that’s what I report. Pretty simple

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I think perception matters. The perception of the media and the perception of the fanbase.

There is no reason why their public stance is so soft and weak.

There is no reason for them to hide what they are doing and further hide behind FIOA.

There is no reason why the University hasn't been very public since Louisville in broadcasting why we deserve to be in a better conference.

There is no reason why they can't be held accountable and questions can't be asked. They want the ticket sales and donations - that comes with responsibility.

Based on their pathetic ticket sales for football and SH's comments - they have no sense of where the fan base is at this point. That they are now attempting to pathetically paper the house for the Maine game is really sad. How bad have things gotten where you are pretty much just printing tickets and giving them away, hoping that people will show up?

Reaction Score

This is because no professor would ever mention BYU's good academics--which are all a mirage.

Reaction Score
I don't know what it means, but from what I remember, McMurphy wasn't as engaged with fan responses to his tweets in past realignment situations. Usually these guys steer clear of Twitter responses, but he's been engaging in lengthy tweet conversations since he started reporting on his sourced information.

Reaction Score
That they are now attempting to pathetically paper the house for the Maine game is really sad. How bad have things gotten where you are pretty much just printing tickets and giving them away, hoping that people will show up?

Worked for Rutgers ;)

Reaction Score
So now doing anything possible to fill the stadium is sad. Schools do it all the time, but now that we are trying to fill the stadium, to give a good impression of our fan base, we are pathetic.

It really has come to a point where I pray the dude and others tweet any crap they can, 10 times a day, because it is far better than the self righteous crap that is being spewed on here. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Rice makes presentation to join Big 12

Rice made a presentation to the Big 12 Conference recently in hopes of joining the league, a person with direct knowledge of the interaction said.
The person asked not to be identified because of the private nature of the presentation.
I have no comment on Big 12 expansion," Rice athletic director Joe Karlgaard said. "Our academic and athletic success and reputation of integrity should be an attractive combination in the ever-changing world of college athletics".

Karlgaard commented on conference realignment earlier this month.

"We're paying attention to it to the extent that we can," Karlgaard said. "We're very proactive about it. We're also prepared to react. As this unfolds, we're prepared to promote our values and our success in a way that will help us land in the best possible spot."

Rice has invested in athletic facility upgrades around campus. Tudor Fieldhouse was renovated in 2008. There are renovations planned for Reckling Park. The $31.5 million Brian Patterson Sports Performance Center just opened this summer on the north end of Rice Stadium.

Rice makes presentation to join Big 12

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 27m27 minutes ago
Maybe Big 12 won't dock for spelling errors: USF promotional info to Big 12 touts “reasearch” via @TBTimes_Bulls
Cp_9UpRXgAAgJMo.jpg

Joey Knight ‏@TBTimes_Bulls · 26m26 minutes ago
It's my understanding the document hasn't formally been sent to Big 12 yet.

@TBTimes_Bulls
I’m sure they’ve seen it by now

Martin Fennelly‏@mjfennelly
Bigg 12 here they come!

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 22m22 minutes ago
Tremendous

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 10m10 minutes ago
All of you’re jokes on my Twitter fed about USF mispelling “reasearch" is not very fare

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So now doing anything possible to fill the stadium is sad. Schools do it all the time, but now that we are trying to fill the stadium, to give a good impression of our fan base, we are pathetic.

It really has come to a point where I pray the dude and others tweet any crap they can, 10 times a day, because it is far better than the self righteous crap that is being spewed on here. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes being in a position where you don't sell tickets and have to give them away for free... that is the definition of sad. It's pathetic.

I agree there is a lot of self-righteous nonsense posted here - it would certainly help if you stopped.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are appox 3k posts on this website mocking Rutgers for giving away tickets.

When UConn does it it's awesome and brilliant.

Yeah, those opinions can be taken seriously there isn't any bias or hypocracy in them.

Reaction Score
Whaler--you need some time to chill. I'd hate to be monitoring your blood pressure. A few weeks as a novice monk over here in Myannmar would work wonders for you. Even your avatar suggests anger?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN · 10m10 minutes ago
All of you’re jokes on my Twitter fed about USF mispelling “reasearch" is not very fare

Props to McMurphy for this. Managed to fit four grammatical errors in one line. Classic stuff.

Reaction Score
When everyone was saying UConn to ACC he was first to say Louisville getting nod. He is connected, hopefully wrong about the 2 vs. 4 on this one.

Props to McMurphy for this. Managed to fit four grammatical errors in one line. Classic stuff.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why doespecially 1080 continue to bring Tramel on when it is "so obvious" that UConn is not in the serious big boy conversation?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom