Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 214 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I wasn't sure why Fishy started a thread about liquor, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't derailed by some dimwit. I posted a link to the Grey Goose twitter feed and embedded one of their tweets. Hopefully others are smart enough to follow my lead and keep that thread focused on good liquors.

I gather whatever country you are in it's after 9:00 AM (ok to start drinking)

Reaction Score
I wasn't sure why Fishy started a thread about liquor, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't derailed by some dimwit. I posted a link to the Grey Goose twitter feed and embedded one of their tweets. Hopefully others are smart enough to follow my lead and keep that thread focused on good liquors.
He deleted it already

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Maybe we should hand these out so people know?

upload_2016-7-31_14-56-57.png

Reaction Score
This is because Houston and Memphis add no value whatsoever.

I'd like to think this is where they put their foot down against Memphis. I think UConn is in decent shape if its about FOX and ESPN determining who has the most value and the conference still having designs on a conference TV network down the line.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't feel sorry for the networks.

They chose to overpay for the Big 12 (and the LHN) in 2010 for predatory reasons, not altruistic reasons. (They wanted to keep the best content out of the Pac-10 where it would be out of their hands).

They chose to widen the gap between the B1G and the Big 12. They chose to tell the Big 12 there was no market for another conference network a month before ESPN jump started the ACC network.

Now they're going to squawk about their contractual obligations?

They're reaping the seeds they sowed and I enjoy their pain. The networks have had too much control for too long. Let's watch it all burn up.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
While I'd love to see the perpetrators of CR get a good rodgering, it doesn't solve UConn's problem. The L8 would be wise to heed the TV people on this.

I'm sure ESPN and or Fox could sell UT and OU on a conference without Baylor, TCU, TT and with Cincy, UConn, and Temple.

Reaction Score
While I'd love to see the perpetrators of CR get a good rodgering, it doesn't solve UConn's problem. The L8 would be wise to heed the TV people on this.

I'm sure ESPN and or Fox could sell UT and OU on a conference without Baylor, TCU, TT and with Cincy, UConn, and Temple.

At the moment I bet you could sell 4o million people in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa and West Virginia on a Big 12 without Baylor...

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
At the moment I bet you could sell 4o million people in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa and West Virginia on a Big 12 without Baylor...

That would have to wait until the expiration of the GOR, but they've done it before. UT/OU/OSU/KU/WV/KSU/ISU/CT/UC/BYU/CSU plus one team from TX. Or 2 teams if you don't want BYU.

Reaction Score
ChuckCarltonDMN: @mikefinger If Big 12 takes new TV deal with more $$$ not to expand, it would have to include new grant of rights. Would Texas, OU sign off?

Reaction Score

They chose to overpay for the Big 12 (and the LHN) in 2010 for predatory reasons, not altruistic reasons. (They wanted to keep the best content out of the Pac-10 where it would be out of their hands).

They chose to widen the gap between the B1G and the Big 12. They chose to tell the Big 12 there was no market for another conference network a month before ESPN jump started the ACC network.

They're reaping the seeds they sowed and I enjoy their pain. The networks have had too much control for too long. Let's watch it all burn up.

Yeah, but it's their money, and maybe a school like say Kansas might think twice about saying foo to them.

From these quarters, I applaud what theB12 is doing, but I have no skin in the game.

Reaction Score

You forgot the part where they destroyed the Big East.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Um, is it okay if we watch it burn from inside the P5 tent?

Reaction Score
ChuckCarltonDMN: @mikefinger If Big 12 takes new TV deal with more $$$ not to expand, it would have to include new grant of rights. Would Texas, OU sign off?
So either we get into the Big 12 now or hope it collapses when the current deal is done for more realignment. At that point (2023 or 2024?) the B1G makes a move for us along with gobbling up Kansas, OK and Texas, OR ND goes full and we are added OR we just merge the best of the AAC with the Big 12 leftovers to make a better conference.

But I would think that a Big 12 GOR extension for 2030 or beyond without us included is bad news for UConn. That would be quite a longterm lockout scenario.

Reaction Score
So either we get into the Big 12 now or hope it collapses when the current deal is done for more realignment. At that point (2023 or 2024?) the B1G makes a move for us along with gobbling up Kansas, OK and Texas, OR ND goes full and we are added OR we just merge the best of the AAC with the Big 12 leftovers to make a better conference.

But I would think that a Big 12 GOR extension for 2030 or beyond without us included is bad news for UConn. That would be quite a longterm lockout scenario.
If we don't get in now, there's no guarantee we ever get in. In the event we don't get in and have to survive in the G5 wasteland for ~8 years, you can assume it'll go like this:

• UConn gets snubbed again in the next couple weeks.
  • We have a decent 1-2 seasons playing in the AAC against the lame ducks.
  • They leave, our SOS becomes a joke in football and basketball
  • Diaco and/or Ollie eventually leave
  • We lose out on the recruits we used to sign
  • Eventually Big 12 implodes or ACC decides to add #16. By the time that happens, UConn isn't what it is today based on a combination of no money / no competition
  • Media says "UConn has really fallen off, what's the point in adding them?" Irony that the reason we fell off, namely that no one would accept us into their conference, is completely lost and never mentioned except here
  • UConn eventually returns to the Big East and kills off football

Reaction Score
If we don't get in now, there's no guarantee we ever get in. In the event we don't get in and have to survive in the G5 wasteland for ~8 years, you can assume it'll go like this:

• UConn gets snubbed again in the next couple weeks.
  • We have a decent 1-2 seasons playing in the AAC against the lame ducks.
  • They leave, our SOS becomes a joke in football and basketball
  • Diaco and/or Ollie eventually leave
  • We lose out on the recruits we used to sign
  • Eventually Big 12 implodes or ACC decides to add #16. By the time that happens, UConn isn't what it is today based on a combination of no money / no competition
  • Media says "UConn has really fallen off, what's the point in adding them?" Irony that the reason we fell off, namely that no one would accept us into their conference, is completely lost and never mentioned except here
  • UConn eventually returns to the Big East and kills off football
I think that just about sums it up.

Reaction Score
Been starting to notice rumblings (likely click bait articles) about Big XII considering an attempt at poaching USC/UCLA from the Pac-12. I've even seen minor implications of Florida State, although that seems highly doubtful considering how locked up ACC presently is. Also read something about Nebraska potentially being interested in going back (also sounds like a stretch).

But purely hypothetical, say they add 6:

BYU
UConn
USC
UCLA
Florida State
Nebraska

Divide them up into North and South divisions (maybe East/West; whatever works).

They'd jump from 10 to 16, have a fistful of big name athletic departments (which I would think solidifies their chances of keeping UT/OU), restore an old member in Nebraska, and pin down three (maybe four) major markets (LA, NY/NE and FL) without settling, all in one fell swoop.

...Sounds beyond "unrealistic."

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members