Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 190 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Saw this on the Cincy board:

Big 12 commish is on Mike and Mike this morning. If anyone is able to listen and recap for the rest of us it owuld be appreciated.

I didn't hear the whole thing. They started by talking about the popularity of college football and future rule changes. Expansion was sandwiched between these topics and the Baylor scandal. Pretty much more of the same - the conference likes its current setup of round robin and currently enjoys its size and is competitive but hasn't won a football or basketball championship in a while. Also acknowledged that they don't have a network and have the LHN. At this point, it's a matter of deciding two or four and the best fit based on athletics, market size, etc. He did acknowledge that geography isn't as important now as it was previously and the conference was more concerned about the "electric" footprint instead with televisions and viewership.

Matt Necci@MattNecci 1 hour ago
"Geography less of a concern [in conference affiliation] now than what it was 25 years ago." Bob Bowlsby on @MikeAndMike

Bowlsby on @MikeAndMike also references need to improve all sports programs, mentioning Big 12 hasn't won men's basketball title in 8 years.

Reaction Score
"Geography less of a concern [in conference affiliation] now than what it was 25 years ago." Bob Bowlsby on @MikeAndMike

Bowlsby on @MikeAndMike also references need to improve all sports programs, mentioning Big 12 hasn't won men's basketball title in 8 years.

UConn can help fix that. We can pretend we won our last 2 as B12 members if they like.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Hmmmm.....

701_Men's_Championship_Banners_at_Gampel_Pavilion.jpg

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 40m40 minutes ago
AM RT: Why the @Big12Conference flipped and ranking the expansion candidates: 1, BYU; 2, UConn …

Dave R. ‏@CT_Goonie · 34m34 minutes ago
@dennisdoddcbs do you think this might spark some action by the ACC to take Uconn before it's too late?

Dennis Dodd‏@dennisdoddcbs
@CT_Goonie Too late for what? I think I just saw ACC lock up Notre Dame (and everyone else) for the next 20 years. Why does it need UConn?

Dave R. ‏@CT_Goonie · 25m25 minutes ago
@dennisdoddcbs ACC network will not get same carriage fees as B1G in NYC. They could use more easy coast markets no?

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs · 23m23 minutes ago
@CT_Goonie Actually, no one gets the carriage fees of the B1G Net. Don’t know if you’ve noticed but UConn is front and center for the B12.

Dodds seems like an angry man in that last tweet...a man who knows what is coming and doesn't agree with it one bit! He almost seems like he was told what the outcome will by his UT sources and that he needed to start changing his tune.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He's an arrogant @ss. I can understand a guy thinking he's the smartest guy in the room when it's deserved. In his case, it never is . . .

He really isn't. I think it was a fair question. Calhoun saying that he "needs to retire some day" seems to be the arrogant statement of the clip to me. We were in the depths of a financial catastrophe and he suggested that Calhoun, like everyone else, ought to consider a pay cut.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I get that this is an old can of worms to open up and the type of thing that we'll have to just agree to disagree on. Not trying to start another not a dime back conversation haha.

Reaction Score
He really isn't. I think it was a fair question. Calhoun saying that he "needs to retire some day" seems to be the arrogant statement of the clip to me. We were in the depths of a financial catastrophe and he suggested that Calhoun, like everyone else, ought to consider a pay cut.

If you come at the King, you best not miss.

Ken missed by a mile.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Ken missed by a mile.

How did he miss, exactly? Because Calhoun yelled over him? Just because we're UConn fans doesn't mean that we have to say Calhoun is a great guy. Go ask Geno...

Reaction Score

Anyone who has a clue about how coaches are paid, knows the state only pays a small portion of the coaches salary, in comparison to what he actually gets paid. Ken obviously didn't know and that's what made him look bad.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Ken missed by a mile.

I like UConn bball, but Calhoun is pretty much a confirmed ass and Ken is a friend, so I'm not gonna concede that one

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I like UConn bball, but Calhoun is pretty much a confirmed ass and Ken is a friend, so I'm not gonna concede that one

Questioning a college basketball coach after a game about his salary, especially one of Calhoun's stature, is poor form.

Calhoun blew up and I think he had every right to do so. Your comment regarding how everyone should be willing to give back some of their salary in tough times is pretty ridiculously idealistic.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
I actually know Ken. Nice guy.

I've never been trolled so hard in my life....I can't even.....
htxrh.jpg

Reaction Score
We know Calhoun can be a dick, and he acted like an ass, but Ken was wrong on the merits (particularly the elements of compensation in Calhoun's contract). My bigger point is about Krayeske himself. I find him obnoxious and not nearly as sophisticated as he thinks he is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom