Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 156 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Capital is still in Norwalk. As I understand it, only 200-ish GE employees are going to Boston from Fairfield...the rest are going to Norwalk.

I'm sorry you're right, they are headquarted in Norwalk. They have a huge office on Park Ave which is what got me confused because I was there the other day.

Reaction Score
Where on the list of CR factors does "number of state residents employed by GE" go?
It's not at all relevant. Someone was asking why Cincinnati was claiming GE support and that is the answer.

Reaction Score
GE should be flush with cash...they recently sold their appliance side to China's Haier, and the GE appliance HQ will remain in Louisville.

GE is also selling its finance arm and has made $100 billion in sales (of a total value of $200 billion) and has another $50 billion in sales in the pipeline.

The reports are that GE is entrenching in a core industry...

"The deal is another step in GE's push to prune its non-core assets as it transforms itself into what it calls a digital industrial company - hiring more people to write complex software codes to efficiently run its jet engines, power turbines and medical equipment."

Reaction Score
My company once got pruned by GE as a non-core asset. This almost made up for it when I saw this:

Reaction Score
GE should be flush with cash...they recently sold their appliance side to China's Haier, and the GE appliance HQ will remain in Louisville.

GE is also selling its finance arm and has made $100 billion in sales (of a total value of $200 billion) and has another $50 billion in sales in the pipeline.

The reports are that GE is entrenching in a core industry...

"The deal is another step in GE's push to prune its non-core assets as it transforms itself into what it calls a digital industrial company - hiring more people to write complex software codes to efficiently run its jet engines, power turbines and medical equipment."

GE closed at 29.96 today. In 2007 it was over 40 a share. 20 years ago it was around 35. It's non core assets were a cash cow prior to the 2008 crash. Just sayin, maybe you should focus on FSU.

Reaction Score
Well....nothing that I reported is not true....it is a straight factual report

...GE is selling assets for cash
...GE is pruning assets and getting more focused

I say nothing about stock value or why they are cutting back.....nor why they made the decision...it is a straight fact reporting

And you...you are stretching to find a way to get over on a poster...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well....nothing that I reported is not true....it is a straight factual report

...GE is selling assets for cash
...GE is pruning assets and getting more focused

I say nothing about stock value or why they are cutting back.....nor why they made the decision...it is a straight fact reporting

And you...you are stretching to find a way to get over on a poster...

The moves they are making are widely understood. The switch to Boston had more to do with access to top computer engineering talent than any cost breaks. The location on the Seaport is designed to attract young people. They made investments in Pivotal a few years ago (EMC owned company. Ford just joined them in investing). While they are keeping some businesses as cash cows, the move is to dominate "the internet of things". They are becoming a software company, but primarily embedded code, that operates across a spectrum of industrial and consumer devices. Think smart homes, smart utility meters, smart industrial equipment, all connected and driven by data analysis.

Reaction Score
Yep...that would be in my post above...

They are moving into the software....and sold their appliance division for a premium (billions more than the attempted sale to Electrolux which anti trust questions halted). The Chinese wanted the access to the US market and were willing to shell out.

Things change...IBM, in my younger days, made typewriters.

Reaction Score
Yes Key Tweets has definitely gone to hell.

532280048_hell20in20a20handbasket.jpeg

Reaction Score
Oklahoma columnist: I don't know if Texas feels like it's important to save the Big 12

Ballzy hosts Kevin Sherrington, Barry Horn and Evan Grant chat with Daily Oklahoman columnist Berry Tramel about the latest talks regarding the Big 12 expansion. Tramel gives his insight on OU president David Boren with his plan to expand and have its own television network. Also, the group discusses the possibility of eliminating the Longhorn Network.

Oklahoma columnist: I don't know if Texas feels like it's important to save the Big 12 | SportsDay

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Oklahoma columnist: I don't know if Texas feels like it's important to save the Big 12

Ballzy hosts Kevin Sherrington, Barry Horn and Evan Grant chat with Daily Oklahoman columnist Berry Tramel about the latest talks regarding the Big 12 expansion. Tramel gives his insight on OU president David Boren with his plan to expand and have its own television network. Also, the group discusses the possibility of eliminating the Longhorn Network.

Oklahoma columnist: I don't know if Texas feels like it's important to save the Big 12 | SportsDay
To save you time. They only mention UCONN very, very, very, very, very briefly saying we are in the same boat as Memphis, UCF, Houston, etc. and add no value. They all agree the BigXII will stay at 10 teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To save you time. They only mention UCONN very, very, very, very, very briefly saying we are in the same boat as Memphis, UCF, Houston, etc. and add no value. They all agree the BigXII will stay at 10 teams.
I think for now the Big 12 not expanding is a UConn positive.
The best scenerio for us is for them to defer exspansion now,but keep the possibility
on the table.
If UConn football can have a couple of 8,9,0r better seasons we move right to the top of the discussion. That will get someone to act on us.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bottom line according to Berry - unless someone can convince UT 1) folding in LHN is essential to saving the B12 2) the B12 is something worth saving, no more B12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom