Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 91 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
“The ACC channel, Commissioner Swofford would be better to make comments on that. But in general, you read about the cost-cutting of ESPN and all those things. Just like athletic departments, there’s cost-cutting, but if I see a revenue opportunity, I’m going to do that. So if a channel were to happen, and again that’s Commissioner Swofford and a small group working on that, if it were to happen...."

Why, that certainly sounds promising, doesn't it?

As previously stated, the ACC Network is an answer to a question that no one is asking.
That comment oddly reminded me of the famous Cheers scene: For the Final Jeopardy! clue of "Archibald Leach, Bernard Schwartz and Lucille LeSueur" in the category of "Movies", Cliff responds incorrectly with "Who are 3 people who've never been in my kitchen?"

Reaction Score
Jay Drew‏@drewjay 9h9 hours ago
Tom asked about BYU's chances of getting into the Big 12; "I really can't comment on that."

Jay Drew‏@drewjay 9h9 hours ago
Tom asked if BYU would ever return to MWC: "I would never say never about anything like that." Said relations with commish have warmed.

Jay Drew‏@drewjay 4h4 hours ago
Highlights of what BYU AD Tom Holmoe said today during Education Week Address, Q&A: http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2856317-155/byu-sports-holmoe-backs-hills-scheduling?fullpage=1

Reaction Score
I've never come across one of these random twitter CR tweets before anyone else here so I don't know if this qualifies as KEY or NON KEY.

1. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 MHver3 ‏@MHver3 8m8 minutes ago
    ACC has talked to Uconn as well I'm told. Something is brewing in Swoffordland
  2. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 9m9 minutes ago
    Don't take the bait Bowlsby. B12 already got burned by the Irish once and it cost big. FSU and Clemson big
  3. @MHver3 9m9 minutes ago
    And now Cincy is having talks with ACC too. Could be another Louisville scenario for the B12

4. MHver3 ‏@MHver3 11m11 minutes ago
    Notre Dame is flirting with conferences again. Don't buy it Delaney or Bowlsby. They've cast their lot with ACC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've never come across one of these random twitter CR tweets before anyone else here so I don't know if this qualifies as KEY or NON KEY.

1. ‏@ ‏@ 8m8 minutes ago
  2. ‏@ 9m9 minutes ago
    Don't take the bait Bowlsby. B12 already got burned by the Irish once and it cost big. FSU and Clemson big
  3. @ 9m9 minutes ago
    And now Cincy is having talks with ACC too. Could be another Louisville scenario for the B12

4. ‏@ 11m11 minutes ago
    Notre Dame is flirting with conferences again. Don't buy it Delaney or Bowlsby. They've cast their lot with ACC

As someone who would never go on Twitter, wouldn't that depend entirely on who the poster is? For it to be a Key Tweet, it would have to be a poster with some credibility (real reporter as opposed to blogger or a university or conference official).

Reaction Score
As someone who would never go on Twitter, wouldn't that depend entirely on who the poster is? For it to be a Key Tweet, it would have to be a poster with some credibility (real reporter as opposed to blogger or a university or conference official).
It's MH3.

Reaction Score

1. ‏@ ‏@ 8m8 minutes ago
  2. ‏@ 9m9 minutes ago
  3. @ 9m9 minutes ago

4. ‏@ 11m11 minutes ago

What's funny and sad about his life is that he could have written those tweets in 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012. In fact, I guarantee that he did.

What's funny and sad about my life is that I probably read those tweets in 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012...

Reaction Score
@ralphDrussoAP: My theory is 15-20 years from now schools like Bama, Texas, USC, etc will look at Vandys and Iowa States and say, 'Why are we carrying you?'

15-20 is too many years. It will happen much sooner.
64 is too many teams. The greedy ones in charges don't want to cut the pie in that many pieces.

Reaction Score
@ralphDrussoAP: My theory is 15-20 years from now schools like Bama, Texas, USC, etc will look at Vandys and Iowa States and say, 'Why are we carrying you?'

15-20 is too many years. It will happen much sooner.
64 is too many teams. The greedy ones in charges don't want to cut the pie in that many pieces.
The B-12, UT and the LHN are a perfect example of the richer not wanting to share and what it did to a conference...and what it may do to a conference.

Reaction Score
Joseph_Duarte3:43pm via Twitter for iPhone
Houston AD Hunter Yurachek on realignment: "Right now we have to dominate the American Athletic Conference. We're not there yet." (Cont.)

Joseph_Duarte3:44pm via Twitter for iPhone
Yurachek (cont.): "I don't feel like we are in best position possible if there is change in the landscape until we are dominating the AAC."

Joseph_Duarte4:28pm via Twitter Web Client
Houston AD Hunter Yurachek on conference realignment: There are “no rumors … nothing of substance going on.” | @UHCougars

Reaction Score
Just curious but we haven't heard anything out of our own administration recently RE: realignment. Like at all. Radio silence.

I wonder if the CT media has just stopped asking about it? You figure that we'd get the occasional soundbite like what the Houston AD said above or what other AAC schools (UCF and Cincy come to mind) have been saying over the last few months.

I understand that they wouldn't proactively say anything for any number of reasons, but it's weird to me that they aren't being asked about it at all.

Reaction Score
Just curious but we haven't heard anything out of our own administration recently RE: realignment. Like at all. Radio silence.

I wonder if the CT media has just stopped asking about it? You figure that we'd get the occasional soundbite like what the Houston AD said above or what other AAC schools (UCF and Cincy come to mind) have been saying over the last few months.

I understand that they wouldn't proactively say anything for any number of reasons, but it's weird to me that they aren't being asked about it at all.
If we end up making a bowl game I'd imagine more CR talk would stir in our camp. Not saying any of it would be credible but reporters will make something of it.

Reaction Score
If we end up making a bowl game I'd imagine more CR talk would stir in our camp. Not saying any of it would be credible but reporters will make something of it.

Yeah, probably, I also imagine that there is probably CR fatigue among them. So much has already been written, in the absence of any news they probably don't have any desire to write about it anymore.

Reaction Score

Have to agree. Houston, Memphis, UCF, Cincinnati, BUT and even Oklahoma,who is in a P5 conference and yet UConn had been dead silent. Odd.

Reaction Score
NYUConn said:

I think its because there is nothing going on unfortunately. Were gonna be here for awhile most likely.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or maybe reporters have been discretely told that CR questions are out of bounds in order to be sure of compliance with a NDA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom