Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 926 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone would argue that joining the ACC or Big12 as a full member is not a better situation than joining Pac12 as a football-only (or full member for that matter).

But our phone isn't ringing right now. Is joining the PAC12 as a football-only a better situation than being independent in football? I really think it is... just my opinion...

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone would argue that joining the ACC or Big12 as a full member is a better situation than joining Pac12 as a football-only (or full member for that matter).

But our phone isn't ringing right now. Is joining the PAC12 as a football-only a better situation than being independent in football? I really think it is... just my opinion...
It's literally a no brainer if the money makes sense

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We left the AAC because of basketball..
Yep....but it certainly was convenient that we stunk it up in football and the fanbase was completely apathetic. Completely. I see no difference here....

Reaction Score
We left the AAC because of basketball..
That and the timing was perfect as in "paid in full" from our old BE. The money factor was around $105 mil in exit fees split by Uconn, Cincy and USF. paid out over 6 years IIRC. Kinda like the bigger warchest the PAC 2 is playing with now as they try to re-tool.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If we are smart, we are rooting for UNLV to make the leap and everyone else to stay put. Then the Pac-12 likely adds Gonzaga for Olympics and us for football.

This is the kind of schedule I would want to see:

1. BC
2. @ Syracuse
3. Ole Miss
4. @ UNC
5. @ SDSU
6. CSU
7. @ Boise State
8. UNLV
9. @ Utah State
10. Fresno State
11. @ Oregon State
12. Washington State

Reaction Score
If we are smart, we are rooting for UNLV to make the leap and everyone else to stay put. Then the Pac-12 likely adds Gonzaga for Olympics and us for football.

This is the kind of schedule I would want to see:

1. BC
2. @ Syracuse
3. Ole Miss
4. @ UNC
5. @ SDSU
6. CSU
7. @ Boise State
8. UNLV
9. @ Utah State
10. Fresno State
11. @ Oregon State
12. Washington State
by "Ole Miss" you mean Richmond?

Reaction Score
It's literally a no brainer if the money makes sense
Yep....." show me the money" if they are scrambling for 10 with all the no's from AAC schools. Uconn's future schedules doesn't mean the new PAC-12 has all the leverage, despite what most of those west coast Uconn FB haters think. Indy schedule is more than fine.... minus the $$$

Reaction Score
I mean Ole Miss, the school we have a home and home with in 26/27.
yeah, fair enough, i'm being snippy tonight, i need to back off... but that being said I would expect a 1-AA on our schedule regardless.

---

Being in a west coast league would be so very weird

---

Supposedly both the P? and the MWC are both stuck at 7 and thus both in limbo. I expect the P? to win out, it'll be interesting to see who bolts.

Reaction Score
I feel like that is exactly what everyone said when we left the AAC to become independent. And the AAC we left is about the same quality as this proposed conf.

It wasn’t the AAC’s fault we sucked. It was UConn’s fault. The people that run the school don’t get football. And our clueless boosters hired Randy off of his couch.

Reaction Score
Supposedly both the P? and the MWC are both stuck at 7 and thus both in limbo.
Fair to say a damaged MWC potentially reorganizing with San Jose State, New Mexico, Nevada Reno, Wyoming, and maybe football only Hawaii might not be a winner.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if they got close to $10M. They are looking at AAC level money.
This will be an unpopular take here but needs to be said: if we are really looking at football only somewhere (highly skeptical that it ever happens), the AAC is a better fit than the PAC.
AAC didn’t want us FB only, correct? All or nothing??

Reaction Score
Yep....." show me the money" if they are scrambling for 10 with all the no's from AAC schools. Uconn's future schedules doesn't mean the new PAC-12 has all the leverage, despite what most of those west coast Uconn FB haters think. Indy schedule is more than fine.... minus the $$$

Because it is getting harder and harder to schedule games especially in Oct and Nov with many conferences going to 9 conference games.

With the Pac-12, we would get at minimal 8 games scheduled each year. In addition, a share of FB only payout from the Pac-12 will be much more than what we are getting now as an independent.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone would argue that joining the ACC or Big12 as a full member is not a better situation than joining Pac12 as a football-only (or full member for that matter).

I think it's definitely better than being independent. Scheduling would be easier, you have a conference championship to play for and a CFP autobid. Even without the money it's better than what we've got.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Rotate men's and women's basketball split a home and away with PAC teams every year ('25 men home/women away, '26 you flip, for example). Would love to play Oregon St and Gonzaga in baseball, too.
I'd be in Corvallis in a heartbeat for all the games.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Yeah it's not like we need to keep playing games in the north east for recruiting... We don't want to lock down this footprint. We'd still be getting six home games, it's not like that would change.

Utah State - H
Fresno State- A
Boise State - H
San Diego State - A
Oregon State - H
Washington State - A
Colorado State - H
UNLV - A
UMass - H
Buffalo - A
Temple - H
BC - A

Is that travel really that bad? Is having 3 games in the region of Southern California really a bad thing?
Schedule two west coast away games in a row and stay there in between games.

Reaction Score
I think it's definitely better than being independent. Scheduling would be easier, you have a conference championship to play for and a CFP autobid. Even without the money it's better than what we've got.
Not sure the auto bid will be there, but there Shd be auto bowl tie ins, which is a step forward.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think the CFP is questionable because I've heard different things about when it was due to expire, but I certainly agree with everything else you said...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom