Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 924 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
We'd be traveling 4 times (9 teams, 8 conference games, 4 of which are away) and it is wildly unlikely it would go beyond 5 (10+ teams, 9 conference games, 4/5 of which are away)
I am not saying you don’t do it. Maybe you do. (And yes, i typed that fast before. It’s not 10 trips it’s 9-10 conference games with half that many trips. But still will leave only 1 or 2 slots for some local games)

But we are so damn jaded about getting into a football conference that we are salivating at anything. People need to slow down and think hard about it. Joining an unstable mid major on the west coast ….. i am not sure the positives outweigh the negatives.

If we did join it’d be kinda depressing because it would mean we don’t believe the B12 or even ACC is ever gonna materialize. At least no time soon.

There is no way they would want us without a piece of our basketball. Any scheduling “alliance” would need to be pretty meager IMO. I don’t want our crown jewel with its hands tied when it comes to OOC scheduling. One game per year. Alternate each year men’s/womens That’s about all I’d be willing to do. There would be a few decent teams there (Gonzaga, SDSU) but a lot of dreck (USU, Fresno).

No way I’d do it with a GOR of more than 5 years.

Not that i matters. MWC is already showing signs of crumbling after their half day of solidarity. It’ll be what was predicted in the beginning. The top MWC teams under the PAC name and the flotsam (Wyoming, Hawaii, SJSU, etc) being jettisoned.

Reaction Score
I am not saying you don’t do it. Maybe you do. (And yes, i typed that fast before. It’s not 10 trips it’s 9-10 conference games with half that many trips. But still will leave only 1 or 2 slots for some local games)

But we are so damn jaded about getting into a football conference that we are salivating at anything. People need to slow down and think hard about it. Joining an unstable mid major on the west coast ….. i am not sure the positives outweigh the negatives.

If we did join it’d be kinda depressing because it would mean we don’t believe the B12 or even ACC is ever gonna materialize. At least no time soon.

There is no way they would want us without a piece of our basketball. Any scheduling “alliance” would need to be pretty meager IMO. I don’t want our crown jewel with its hands tied when it comes to OOC scheduling. One game per year. Alternate each year men’s/womens That’s about all I’d be willing to do. There would be a few decent teams there (Gonzaga, SDSU) but a lot of dreck (USU, Fresno).

No way I’d do it with a GOR of more than 5 years.

Not that i matters. MWC is already showing signs of crumbling after their half day of solidarity. It’ll be what was predicted in the beginning. The top MWC teams under the PAC name and the flotsam (Wyoming, Hawaii, SJSU, etc) being jettisoned.
Some poor poker players on the board

Reaction Score
If UConn somehow ends up there...

Imagine it's 2018 and someone told you in the next several years...

We'll have Cal, Stanford, SMU in the ACC...
UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington in the B1G...
Arizona, Cincy, UCF, BYU, Houston, Arizona St in the B12...
UConn football, Gonzaga and Utah St. in the Pac12
UConn basketball in the Big East...

Reaction Score

"And then there’s Gonzaga. Action Network reported Gonzaga is leaving the West Coast Conference for the Pac-12 in 2026. Gonzaga’s athletic director Chris Standiford told the Spokesman-Review that is inaccurate. Action Network stands by its reporting."

McMurphy standing by his reporting that Gonzaga is going to Pac.

Reaction Score

So half a Gonzaga and half a UConn doesn't count? That sucks. I figure if Gonzaga is in, then we're in too if we want it. And I don't see why we wouldn't unless the exit fee would be enormous.

Anyone who wouldn't want this is nuts because it's the best case scenario that's potentially available. Even if we don't get paid a ton.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So half a Gonzaga and half a UConn doesn't count? That sucks. I figure if Gonzaga is in, then we're in too if we want it. And I don't see why we wouldn't unless the exit fee would be enormous.
FWIW - I really don't want this P12 football only idea ....I seem to be in the minority.

I will enjoy the meme's though

Reaction Score
The NCAA rule is written so that only full members count. There's been a lot of talk that the PAC wanted to get to 9 football teams for 8 conference games, so all hope is not lost even if we can't count for the 8th. I think UNLV + Gonzaga/UConn is very much in play here now.

Reaction Score

Anyone who wouldn't want this is nuts because it's the best case scenario that's potentially available. Even if we don't get paid a ton.
Gonzaga full and UConn half might, unsure

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
FWIW - I really don't want this P12 football only idea ....I seem to be in the minority.

I will enjoy the meme's though
There's really no downside to it if it were to happen.

We would keep the current Big East money, and we would add a pro-rated Pac12 paycheck. Furthermore, it would solve 8 of our 12 games for scheduling purposes (or 7 of 12 depending on which tweet you believe).

Any move to the Pac12 would likely only last until the next realignment. But it's a good football home while the musical chairs plays out...

Reaction Score
The Dan Wolken comment seems the most relevant to me. Commissioners, consultants and administrators continue to steal money from the schools. Too much money is going to activities which add very little value to the schools. How much longer before the whole concept of a governing body (NCAA) and conferences is gone?

Athletic departments will spin off as affiliates of the universities and become profit centers. They will negotiate their own media contracts and schedule with guidance from the media outlets. This includes the negotiation of bowls and tournaments. Athletes will be paid directly by the athletic departments. The only question is will the athletes have academic requirements? Welcome to today’s world of “college” athletics!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom