Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 912 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
A humbling moment for Yormark who hit on a couple of big spins on tbe roulette wheel and just saw a big double zero hit.
Norlander says that Yormark wants to revisit this when the time is right but realized after talking with the presidents he shouldn't push too hard.
Uconn needs to go win 6 or 7 games this year against a shaky schedule and keep adding to the NIL- and if need be, get rid of Mora this year if things don't shape up soon

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I was surprised at this phrase in the article: "per league bylaws, and would not have been able to exit without significant financial finagling until at least 2027 -- not 2026 (as was previously reported)"
Where did that 2027 date come from? Did I miss that in other posts???
We have to give big east 27 month notice but we could always negotiate a shorter term.

Reaction Score
Hopefully means “don’t call us again unless you have the votes Brett, otherwise go pick corn”
The whole thing is so embarrassing. There's no reason it should have played out like this. Why are we even talking when a bunch of Big XII members and some people from our side are clearly sabotaging it.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 presidents want to see how 16 goes and what the cost will be to the conference concerning the NCAA settlement. Probably too many unknowns right now for the Egg heads to handle

Reaction Score
The whole thing is so embarrassing. There's no reason it should have played out like this. Why are we even talking when a bunch of Big XII members and some people from our side are clearly sabotaging it.
I agree. This was/is a giant headscratcher. I wish Benedict would flip the narrative. Say something public like”after much pushback from our loyal fanbase and nyc dma, we feel the big 12 will always be the third conference in the p2 and we will patiently wait for the big 10. For now, UConn will no longer seriously consider the big 12.” Why not?

Reaction Score
Sigh. I know, I know. We are all hoping that Gordon Sammis will get the job done, but hiring a OL coach to learn on the job in his first year of OC never inspired confidence.

Just like another poster on another thread said, I don't know if Mora was the correct hire or the wrong hire, but investments need to be made in the coaching staff-it is woefully inadequate.

I hope UConn Football turns it around this season, but the operative word is "hope". I am not confident that a turn around will happen.
well until some of you are willing to drop down all kinds of money on the program, OL to OC is going to be what you get. We don't have the money to do otherwise.

Reaction Score
Uconn needs to control the controllable and win some football games and continue to excel on the BB court and in the academic arena.
No one will care. They haven't and they won't.

Reaction Score
Our athletic department is cooked when this revenue sharing stuff hits next year. We have 2 options:

1) Cut football entirely and pour every dollar into basketball, while giving up all hope of ever being in a P4 league
2) Hurt basketball at the expense of football by allocating revenue sharing money into a program that has zero juice, zero fan support, zero recruiting advantages, and poor funding.

Can a lawyer on here please tell me how this doesn't end up with anti-trust lawsuits brewing? How is anyone supposed to compete with the P4 when the P4 and TV Networks are the judge, jury, and executioner? It's straight up not possible unless you have billionaires privately funding your AD. There needs to be a separate league where either you opt in or you opt out. If you opt in, you get the same exact share as everyone else. If you opt out, well it's a voluntary option and you don't get the same TV money.

Reaction Score
There are 44K undergads at MSU. You can still buy your son/daughter season tix package for football and hockey as of now. Basketball is only sport wait listed. They still think the 2000 Championship makes them blue bloods, not to mention the statue of Magic in front of the Breslin Center. Regardless, every man, woman and child was wearing MSU green and white and I'm pretty sure it's not because of their sports programs. It's because it is the true State U of Michigan (UM smaller and much harder to get into) and they love it. It's a generational thing. Believe me, it was eye opening.

And yes, say "Go Blue" to someone in the East Lansing region and I'm pretty sure you won't get a high five. So that is what is meant by regional tradition. Think bloods and crips.

If that's opinion then fine but I did proudly wear my Hook C baseball hat around campus for what its worth.
I live in Chicago, I'm friends with a bunch of MSU grads. They wear their MSU gear on football Saturdays and go to one of the numerous MSU bars on college football Saturdays in their green and white. They do the same thing for basketball games. All those bars are filled for games with green and white and you see Sparty flags around the city on homes and businesses. It's not because of MSU's math program.

Reaction Score
Our athletic department is cooked when this revenue sharing stuff hits next year. We have 2 options:

1) Cut football entirely and pour every dollar into basketball, while giving up all hope of ever being in a P4 league
2) Hurt basketball at the expense of football by allocating revenue sharing money into a program that has zero juice, zero fan support, zero recruiting advantages, and poor funding.

Can a lawyer on here please tell me how this doesn't end up with anti-trust lawsuits brewing? How is anyone supposed to compete with the P4 when the P4 and TV Networks are the judge, jury, and executioner? It's straight up not possible unless you have billionaires privately funding your AD. There needs to be a separate league where either you opt in or you opt out. If you opt in, you get the same exact share as everyone else. If you opt out, well it's a voluntary option and you don't get the same TV money.
AKA we are duck***. The fans who made this about BE nostalgia are in for a rude awakening in the next decade.

Reaction Score
well until some of you are willing to drop down all kinds of money on the program, OL to OC is going to be what you get. We don't have the money to do otherwise.
Then shut it down! What are you trying to do here? This charade if scheduling P5 schools who are INVESTING in their programs is neither gonna draw fans to watch a team get curb stomped or gonna lead to any type of success. I was there when Purdue came to town. You had your choice of seats and the team lost 59-0. What they are trying to do hasnt come close to working. Cincinnati and Houston had huge subsidies as well and found a way to hire quality people and it paid off.

Reaction Score

#2 seems like the only option because there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Pretty much everyone here loves UConn football and badly wants it to succeed. They recognize the only way for that to happen is to join a power football conference. The problem is nobody wants us, the writing is on the wall on that.

It's heartbreaking but at some point we have to recognize it isn't happening for us. Now do we decide we're okay letting UConn basketball die as well. That's unacceptable, it would be devastating to the University and to the state.

Reaction Score
Then shut it down! What are you trying to do here? This charade if scheduling P5 schools who are INVESTING in their programs is neither gonna draw fans to watch a team get curb stomped or gonna lead to any type of success. I was there when Purdue came to town. You had your choice of seats and the team lost 59-0. What they are trying to do hasnt come close to working. Cincinnati and Houston had huge subsidies as well and found a way to hire quality people and it paid off.
Well that's the problem. We are dumpster diving while not realizing that if you actually spend enough money, you'll see an exponentially better ROI. If we spent an extra $4-5M a year on football and was able to hire a competent staff, that would pay dividends down the road of a likely P4 invite, increased ticket revenue, increased donations, etc. The problem is that no AD will ever get the support to do that because it means either taking away money from the basketball program (which should never happen, lets be honest) or they are too scared to spend the money, it doesn't work, and then they have to answer to the State of CT about how they just blew millions of dollars on a dead program.

TLDR: We need a billionaire donor who doesn't care about lighting their money on fire to fund this operation.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 presidents want to see how 16 goes and what the cost will be to the conference concerning the NCAA settlement. Probably too many unknowns right now for the Egg heads to handle
Wasn’t money. It’s about association. They just not interested. Culturally, imo. They can’t get past helping elevate a northeast football program and everything that comes with perhaps the two of the higher profile hoops teams in the country.

It’s always the same. There is a school/schools that really really don’t like us.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm super disappointed. Big 12 has a lot of schools both in football ans basketball I'd love to see UConn play every year. Just keep building.

I said it before, the SEC should make a complete out of left field move and add UConn. It boosts their basketball and encroaches into Big 10 territory anx gets them solidly into the NYC and NE markets

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

What are you talking about when you say "revenue sharing"?

Reaction Score
#2 seems like the only option because there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Pretty much everyone here loves UConn football and badly wants it to succeed. They recognize the only way for that to happen is to join a power football conference. The problem is nobody wants us, the writing is on the wall on that.

It's heartbreaking but at some point we have to recognize it isn't happening for us. Now do we decide we're okay letting UConn basketball die as well. That's unacceptable, it would be devastating to the University and to the state.

There has to be a way to firewall football so that it doesn't impact basketball.

We spend a great deal on football and get poor results that can't get much worse. You can't tell me that a better leader of the program could get different results, considering there are places that fare better on smaller budgets.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about when you say "revenue sharing"?
Have you actually not heard of the House settlement and the revenue sharing news? Read this article. But the gist of it is that AD's will be allowed to share up to $23M PER YEAR of their revenue to pay athletes. This is why getting a P4 TV check was so crucial. We are screwed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom