Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 911 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Put football in the MAC for now if we can, it would be a huge improvement. At present time we are a G5 team and we should play a G5 schedule.

Being the best G5 team or at least the best team in the MAC is a realistic goal, trying to beat P4 teams is not a realistic goal. If a G5 tournament becomes a thing we should strive to be in it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dear Big East nostalgists, you won again. Congrats on your victory. How will you celebrate? Can't wait for your parade.:confused:

We are stupid.
Lmaoo the B12 makes us do a dog and pony show just to leave us hanging again and you blame UConn fans?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dear Big East nostalgists, you won again. Congrats on your victory. How will you celebrate? Can't wait for your parade.:confused:

We are stupid.

It's our fault that UConn keeps getting turned down by the Big 12? Walk me through this logic.

Reaction Score
Endeavor, the outside marketing consulting firm the Big 12 has hired, thinks UConn would be a great addition. Brett Yormark does, too, and AllState, from what I read, will consider the conference naming rights much more if UConn is added since they carry the NYC market. I have thought this for a while as I am sure others here have, but it really comes down to football being merely adequate, that's it.

Think of it like a 4x400m relay race in the spirit of the Summer Olympics that just ended about 1 month ago. UConn Women's Basketball, UConn Men's Basketball, and Brett Yormark, Endeavor, and NYC/Northeast market factors each "ran great legs to get a humongous lead" as they are great positive factors to getting a Big 12 invite. UConn Football has the last leg and such a "huge lead" all they need to do is merely be competitive with some decent offensive football to attract 75% capacity at the Rent for a large raucous crowd that will look good on TV-they just have to run a decent anchor leg and get across the finish line. Think of the last USA woman runner in 4X400 that had no pressure and really didn't have to run all that well because USA was so far ahead you could not see the 2nd place runner in the frame-that's the lead what UConn Football has, they don't have to be great. Yet UConn Football is falling woefully short.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Endeavor, the outside marketing consulting firm the Big 12 has hired, thinks UConn would be a great addition. Brett Yormark does, too, and AllState, from what I read, will consider the conference naming rights much more if UConn is added since they carry the NYC market. I have thought this for a while as I am sure others here have, but it really comes down to football being merely adequate, that's it.

Think of it like a 4x400m relay race in the spirit of the Summer Olympics that just ended about 1 month ago. UConn Women's Basketball, UConn Men's Basketball, and Brett Yormark, Endeavor, and NYC/Northeast market factors each "ran great legs to get a humongous lead" as they are great positive factors to getting a Big 12 invite. UConn Football has the last leg and such a "huge lead" all they need to do is merely be competitive with some decent offensive football to attract 75% capacity at the Rent for a large raucous crowd that will look good on TV-they just have to run a decent anchor leg and getting it across the finish line. Think of the last USA woman runner in 4X400 where they were so far ahead you could not see the 2nd place runner in the frame-that's the lead what UConn Football has, they don't have to be gregreat
You want decent offensive football? Stop hiring your OL coach to be offensive coordinator. What UConn continues to try and do with football is so, so, stupid. Benedict has been here how long? He hasn't come close to fixing this. His Hurley hire was great, but FB wise he has been a big zero.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You want decent offensive football? Stop hiring your OL coach to be offensive coordinator. What UConn continues to try and do with football is so, so, stupid. Benedict has been here how long? He hasn't come close to fixing this. His Hurley hire was great, but FB wise he has been a big zero.
Mora was a good hire on paper. Let's see how the rest of the season turns out.

Reaction Score
1725555744488.gif

Reaction Score
I don't think Yormark would have voluntarily put that tweet out. The BIG12 presidents likely directed it wanting to send a loud and clear message in case there was any remaining hope. BIG12 Presidents are making it clear they are a football only conference.

Reaction Score
A pretty big name because he coached in the NFL and because of his father but it looks to be another terrible hire.

Reaction Score
Eh, just a continuation of balling on a budget. Its not so much him, but the money for assistants doesn't seem to be there. It is what it is. That offense last week looked like dog barf. People complained about Charlton all the time, this looked much worse.

Reaction Score
Lolz, it's all about sports.

Isn't school pride also related to sports? I assume you didn't ask a bunch of people why they're wearing MSU gear, so your comments are really just opinion. I can't quite wrap my ahead around what "regional tradition" means in regard to merch.
I went to UConn because my oldest brother went there from 77-81. He would bring me to the men's soccer games and I was an avid fan of Husky Hoops on the B&W TV in my room. There was nowhere else I wanted to go. So even back then, the sports kicked off my love of and pride in UConn. I'm not suggesting sports is the end all for why people buy merch, but successful sports teams, like back-to-back natties, can really amplify the purchases.
There are 44K undergads at MSU. You can still buy your son/daughter season tix package for football and hockey as of now. Basketball is only sport wait listed. They still think the 2000 Championship makes them blue bloods, not to mention the statue of Magic in front of the Breslin Center. Regardless, every man, woman and child was wearing MSU green and white and I'm pretty sure it's not because of their sports programs. It's because it is the true State U of Michigan (UM smaller and much harder to get into) and they love it. It's a generational thing. Believe me, it was eye opening.

And yes, say "Go Blue" to someone in the East Lansing region and I'm pretty sure you won't get a high five. So that is what is meant by regional tradition. Think bloods and crips.

If that's opinion then fine but I did proudly wear my Hook C baseball hat around campus for what its worth.

Reaction Score
I think that saying it is on pause as a joint decision is a way to say, “this will come up again, but neither side is ready”.

Truthfully, we aren’t ready because we have obligations to the Big East for, I think, two more years (doesn’t the buyout drop then?) and we aren’t going anywhere for free like SMU did. It’s a negotiation and we aren’t completely caving because we have a pretty good situation in the Big East. This needs to happen when we can get reasonable pay so that we can fund football the way it needs to be funded. I don’t think we could accept what they were willing to offer right now. SMU set a horrible precedent. If we could accept those terms, we may have been offered a spot.

Reaction Score
Sigh. I know, I know. We are all hoping that Gordon Sammis will get the job done, but hiring a OL coach to learn on the job in his first year of OC never inspired confidence.

Just like another poster on another thread said, I don't know if Mora was the correct hire or the wrong hire, but investments need to be made in the coaching staff-it is woefully inadequate.

I hope UConn Football turns it around this season, but the operative word is "hope". I am not confident that a turn around will happen.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I was surprised at this phrase in the article: "per league bylaws, and would not have been able to exit without significant financial finagling until at least 2027 -- not 2026 (as was previously reported)"
Where did that 2027 date come from? Did I miss that in other posts???

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Sources say Yormark still believes in UConn's upside and branding and isn't abandoning hope the Huskies can one day be in the Big 12. He wants representation in the Northeast and knows UConn is the school that, by far, carries the most value. But he recognized that the timing wasn't right with UConn and agreed to step away to avoid fracturing matters in his new 16-team league, a source said. If everyone in the Big 12 wasn't on board, Yormark recognized wasn't in the best interest of the conference to push the issue into the fall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom