Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 680 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Yormark wants UConn but the Big 12 Presidents don’t,

Michael Crow and the other noobs won’t vote for UConn ahead of WSU and Oregon State.
Until they are a member, they should not vote. But once again the remaining PAC schools are probably more desirable to the Big 12 schools when it comes to voting

Reaction Score
I’ll believe it when I see it. Till then UConn is firmly in the BE and independent for football. If we ever can get people to realize we actually play football we might get an invite.
Thinking people don’t really think that but just have no interest in UConn and it is just a dig at them

Reaction Score
I have said repeatedly don't underestimate a company like Apple. I truly think what they are proposing is the future, and it will be hard for linear TV to compete unless they adopt and change as well.

My only hope now is Yormark can Fox and ESPN to pay up for number 17 and 18. If he is able to, we are in.
I agree. At this point, UConn should run a dual path. Continue to market ourselves to the power conferences because that’s where the money currently is. But let’s not be afraid to investigate alternative options. Apple, Amazon and Netflix all have the platforms to provide material benefits to our athletic program and the cash reserves to pay for our content. We are materially undervalued in the current structure of college athletics. It’s not surprising that all sectors of entertainment, including sports and music, are using corporate solutions to monetize their value. We may find that these solutions don’t work for UConn, but let’s at least investigate these options and stay ahead of the curve as we experience continual change in the landscape of college athletics.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Lets Go Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness
You should have asked him:

"At what point in this past season did he stop thinking that PC may have had a better team than UConn?"

or

"When did you realize that our fifth title was going to happen?"

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think it’s funny that many are now annointing Crow as this sports visionary.

To his credit, he has changed the profile of ASU academically from a party school that was a safety school for SoCal kids to a legit higher education school that just became an AAU member.

However, he blindly supported Larry Scott as he was in the process of leading the PAC to extinction. He was Scott’s public mouthpiece for years.

I heard, from several ASU people, that the AZ Board of Regents basically had to drag him to the B12 because he wanted to stay attached to Cal & Stanford as the ship went down.
He admits this in his interview. Once Oregon and Washington announced their intent he pivoted. And magically the B12 gives the three schools a full share when they probably were going to get a partial share.

So what changed?

GG

Reaction Score
We may just be, but EVERYTHING Greg Flugar said turned out to be true. There is no doubt he has some solid contacts. He says SJU has some Big 12 interest and Nova has had discussions. I would agree this likely goes nowhere because I do not believe the Big 12 presidents share Yormark’s east coast bball vision. I do not recall any discussion regarding Georgetown (but I may have missed it). But UCONN, SJU and Nova were specifically mentioned.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I guess the affair was worth it. Pay raise, bigger city.....

Reaction Score
I agree. At this point, UConn should run a dual path. Continue to market ourselves to the power conferences because that’s where the money currently is. But let’s not be afraid to investigate alternative options. Apple, Amazon and Netflix all have the platforms to provide material benefits to our athletic program and the cash reserves to pay for our content. We are materially undervalued in the current structure of college athletics. It’s not surprising that all sectors of entertainment, including sports and music, are using corporate solutions to monetize their value. We may find that these solutions don’t work for UConn, but let’s at least investigate these options and stay ahead of the curve as we experience continual change in the landscape of college athletics.
UConn should not give all our rights to the Big East for the next media deal. We should keep some so we can negotiate with companies like Apple and others for additional income. It be pretty awesome if we can watch UConn football on the Apple platform with the features described.

Reaction Score
UConn should not give all our rights to the Big East for the next media deal. We should keep some so we can negotiate with companies like Apple and others for additional income. It be pretty awesome if we can watch UConn football on the Apple platform with the features described.
The Big East doesn't have the rights to sports we don't play in the Big East

Reaction Score
Until they are a member, they should not vote. But once again the remaining PAC schools are probably more desirable to the Big 12 schools when it comes to voting

So you’re saying they have zero influence?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

Good point. I've been told for decades that there aren't any people in DC willing to help cover up an illicit affair.

For the record, I never thought for a second that there was any validity to the Gonzaga to the B-12 rumors that were floated (and in all candor, I thought Yormark was pulling a Schwarzenegger, seeing if the P-12 would panic and jump on Gonzaga). However, if this is part of their plan, at the moment they can offer likely nearly double the media revenues that the BE can and down the road the disparity can grow substantially. I also believe there could be a prisoner's dilemma situation where, knowing if you aren't one of the few to jump, someone else can, end up with a far better payday while cutting what those remaining could receive.

I'm pretty sure that you were on the Big East Boards (~2004-~2012) back in the day. I remember debating often with some St John's fans who were convinced that Notre Dame would leave the catholic schools when the (inevitable) split happened. I fully hope the BE (whether we are or are not a member) remains with all current private school members and I hope the conference can stay competitive for decades (after I'm gone it won't matter). Hopefully all private school members are thinking along the same lines.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ACC offered.
They were rumored to offer before Oregon and Washington bolted. I'm talking about after that happened. The B12 was going to offer a reduced amount because FOX was only going to give 5 mil. FOX reconsidered and offered the full 12 mil. What happened to change their minds?

Reaction Score
My only question is why the ACC didn't even bother to offer us even with all the B12 interest. Even if ACC offered, I really really hope our admin is smart enough to reject the ACC and take the B12 offer.
How do we know that the ACC didn't offer us along with the three corner schools?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Really?

You're here to hit nerves? I have been under the impression for a while that you've led a pretty happy, successful life (for I believe a little more than 60 years). Spending time on message boards (of a school you are neither an alumnus nor a fan of) to hit nerves doesn't seem like a good way to spend time.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
That could well be, but with that in mind wouldn't it then be far easier for him to go unnoticed (with his indiscretions) in DC than it would in Providence?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom