Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 679 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
The ACC didn't get punked, it's real simple the schools that have high value don't see the need to expand without true uneven revenue sharing which most of the other schools are reluctant to do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson wasn't completely wrong on his assessment, his timing was off by a reasonable amount and he (as he too often does) held on too tight to a notion and dismissed any possible alternative.

At the moment going entirely streaming (with the streaming service then selling off some content to linear distributors) is not far from what it would have been like in 1993 if someone decided to use a cell phone as their only source of phone service (which many do today). There are still some moving parts that will need to be tied down before this will be feasible as a norm but the day will arrive when this will almost universally be the norm.

If we are stuck in the BE for an extended time I would like our leadership to look into something like Apple as an outlet for all tier three (and independent football) broadcasts.

The Big 12 better hope that Apple is not the ultimate owner of ESPN. Apple has a reputation as being vindictive, and they got played by the PAC 12 schools. Plus, there are a lot of public comments about the Apple deal that some school presidents should backtrack if they know what is good for them.

Reaction Score
They’re not voting members yet. Big 12 needs more balance which means they need more teams in the east
Exactly. With all the Western additions, there is no chance they will only have 3 in the East. UConn will enable the B12 to plant a flag here to plan for the eventual ACC blow up.

I am a bit shocked ACC actually tried to do something to survive this time by inviting the 3 corner schools. I wonder if Stanford and CAL got the same offer as well.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 presidents just invited 2 schools who 1) dont even want to be there. And 2) will sabotage any efforts to move further east.

These people are not very bright
They are not media experts. Let's hope Yormark can sell them in the national conference vision. It is a matter of survival for the future.

B1G went 18, and the B12 should as well. Don't be like the ACC, B12 will need the 7 years until the next contract to grow a brand like UConn to show media partners for the next media deal.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity do the newly added trams even have a vote yet? The next teams will be added before the end of the calendar year and the 4 pac schools will not be in yet.
The rumor is they want to add before December 2023. Yormark already got the presidents to approve 17th and 18th.

This isn't over yet for this year. Therefore, I don't think the new schools can vote for 17th and 18th.

Reaction Score
I think it’s funny that many are now annointing Crow as this sports visionary.

To his credit, he has changed the profile of ASU academically from a party school that was a safety school for SoCal kids to a legit higher education school that just became an AAU member.

However, he blindly supported Larry Scott as he was in the process of leading the PAC to extinction. He was Scott’s public mouthpiece for years.

I heard, from several ASU people, that the AZ Board of Regents basically had to drag him to the B12 because he wanted to stay attached to Cal & Stanford as the ship went down.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Maybe it’s exhaustion, but with all the nonsense and the fat west orientation of the league, I’m basically not really too interested in the XII anymore. A lot of my interest was predicated in building a big eastern contingent, and even if it’s us and like OSU there’s not a lot of eastern room left

Reaction Score

To his credit, he has changed the profile of ASU academically from a party school that was a safety school for SoCal kids to a legit higher education school that just became an AAU member.

However, he blindly supported Larry Scott as he was in the process of leading the PAC to extinction. He was Scott’s public mouthpiece for years.

I heard, from several ASU people, that the AZ Board of Regents basically had to drag him to the B12 because he wanted to stay attached to Cal & Stanford as the ship went down.
This is exactly why those presidents aren't media experts like Yormark. They are school administrators for a reason. Also, every school president wants to be associated with schools like Cal and Stanford. I am still confident both will end up in the B1G once B1G can find the media money to pay for both. B1G presidents will jump through hoops to get both into the conference even with crappy football.

This is also why Yormark needs to get us added before Dec 2023 so he doesn't have to listen to every president who isn't savvy about the media dealings. It was smart of him to get #17 and #18 pre-approved already.

Reaction Score
Full ASU president interview here. The Apple platform looks amazing though. UConn should look into this.

Around 5:30 mark, he mentioned the ACC option. GoKU was correct if this is true. ASU was ready to stay in the PAC until Friday morning call until 2 schools didn't show up to the meeting. You can guess which 2 were those schools. B12 would have invited UConn had the 3 corner schools stayed.

The Apple App is already out there in the wild being used by MLS and MLB. It’s so amazing that almost nobody knows that it is in use.

Reaction Score
Maybe it’s exhaustion, but with all the nonsense and the fat west orientation of the league, I’m basically not really too interested in the XII anymore. A lot of my interest was predicated in building a big eastern contingent, and even if it’s us and like OSU there’s not a lot of eastern room left
I am pretty sure conferences like B1G will go to 24 at some point. They are like the mafia, and they will keep growing as long as there are more money to be made.

Reaction Score
The rumor is they want to add before December 2023. Yormark already got the presidents to approve 17th and 18th.

This isn't over yet for this year. Therefore, I don't think the new schools can vote for 17th and 18th.
This allows only current members to choose the expansion schools. They just added 4 western teams who will have 25% of the votes. I can’t see them adding any more western schools since the existing schools would be handing over too much power. If ACC gor holds up and the acc doesn’t implode by December, UConn has a pretty good shot at one of the big 12’s 17 or 18 spots

Reaction Score
This allows only current members to choose the expansion schools. They just added 4 western teams who will have 25% of the votes. I can’t see them adding any more western schools since the existing schools would be handing over too much power. If ACC gor holds up and the acc doesn’t implode by December, UConn has a pretty good shot at one of the big 12’s 17 or 18 spots
ACC is run by old dinosaurs who don't think out of the box, and they only react. They will never think like Yormark who got pro rata payout negotiation done for P5 schools number 13 to 16 with his last media deal negotiation.

I doubt FSU can get the ACC to blow up by December.

Reaction Score
LOL. Crow called the Apple App “23d Century Star Trek”.

Someone tell this guy that it’s already brought to market.

Reaction Score
LOL. Crow called the Apple App “23d Century Star Trek”.

Someone tell this guy that it’s already brought to market.
This is why school presidents should not negotiate TV media deals. Leave it to the real experts.

Reaction Score

Stop torturing yourself.

When it comes down to it they will strongly consider us but at the last minute they will take SMU and some other school.

It always happens like this.

Reaction Score

Only on the Boneyard man. This place is something else.

Reaction Score
Yeah people that doubted him should apologize to him. I always thought his info was legit. ASU president's interview cleared up many things. Yormark was a genius for pulling them away from the ACC.

My only question is why the ACC didn't even bother to offer us even with all the B12 interest. Even if ACC offered, I really really hope our admin is smart enough to reject the ACC and take the B12 offer.
He was wrong. Why apologize? I think UConn will take the first offer that comes along now. I don't see UConn going to the Big 12 anymore as they would have been invited already, and now I wonder about the ACC. If they were going to add the Arizona's without UConn, then things are really grim.

Reaction Score
I’ll believe it when I see it. Till then UConn is firmly in the BE and independent for football. If we ever can get people to realize we actually play football we might get an invite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom