Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 492 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
I don't think I'd bet against him to figure out a way to make the B12 as powerful or more powerful than the SEC or BIG even though it's a long shot.

All he heeds to be in the mix is one FB and one BB Natty and maybe throw in Women's BB. This scenario becomes more likely by adding us. Then you've got some bragging rights, and leverage.

Reaction Score
The Dusty Dvoracek?
1689416263915.jpeg

Waiting for it!

Reaction Score
Yormark says he's a "Brand" guy and Colorado has done a great job at elevating their brand.

Reaction Score
Great listen from a former Husky who lays it out on his research/pet project regarding Uconn-Big 12 talk ( even vs. Big East hoops, future changes in college sports, CT HS FB talent, etc).......Smart guy, starts it off on the CR stuff about half way through.

This is excellent. Boy, he has the FACTS when it comes to the UConn football program. As he said, there is so much misinformation out there.

Reaction Score
And Houston and UCF fans. Most of the realignment posts are from those three fanbases.

They really don't want us in the Big XII. Not sure why. Are they still butt hurt that we left them behind in the AAC?
The reason is we are a threat. Better brand, better academics, better household incomes, true flagship university and the most dominant basketball program in the nation by far over the last 25 years.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I think it is just ignorance and pride. The whole time these people have been paying attention to college football they spent beating the hell out of us, and they feel that their achievements in the American are cheapened by the fact that they were good and we were not, and yet we are also getting the call. It’s all emotional. That’s why arguments about how good we were in the big east don’t really matter to these people.

Reaction Score
And Houston and UCF fans. Most of the realignment posts are from those three fanbases.

They really don't want us in the Big XII. Not sure why. Are they still butt hurt that we left them behind in the AAC?
Yes, they are. Their narrative is that we gave up on football when we left and went to the Big East.

Reaction Score
Yormark says he's a "Brand" guy and Colorado has done a great job at elevating their brand.

CU has a beautiful campus and I don't doubt if they have a good team they can get that metro area properly motivated.

I was in town for a conference 5 years ago. CU would be a great brand even if athletic fortunes is a bit ass lately. Neon deion not withstanding. I bought a CU shirt (mostly because they wanted 16 for a pint glass) but yeah boulder/CU would be great to work into the fold if possible. Of course, self interest, anything that gets us into the fold, great.

Reaction Score
I’ve lived in CT, CO and KCK. KC is better than Denver but I totally enjoy Boulder. Only drawback is I was stuck in traffic last time leaving Boulder and missed my flight out of DIA. Not likely to happen from BDL to Hartford or Storrs.

Reaction Score
I’ve lived in CT, CO and KCK. KC is better than Denver but I totally enjoy Boulder. Only drawback is I was stuck in traffic last time leaving Boulder and missed my flight out of DIA. Not likely to happen from BDL to Hartford or Storrs.
Been to all three places as well. KC has the power and light district which is awesome. Denver to me has a lot more going on and I enjoyed that city more.

Boulder is a very very cool town, would gladly go to Boulder for a UConn football or basketball game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Former co-host with Danny Kanell on morning drive "Dusty & Danny in the morning" show on Sirius-XM College Sports Channel 84...
The Danny Kanell? The big Pat Fitzgerald supporter?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this video was posted, but this is the Brett Yormark interview from the Big 12 media days.

At 21:00 he talks about expansion.

At 23:00 our friend Berry Tramel asks him about adding a G5 school which would not necessarily upgrade the media contract (Tramel's words). Yormark doesn't address the money part.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m beginning to think Yormark has the media contract lined up to add Colorado and UConn at full share or Colorado and AZ, but not a scenario with three schools or more. I’m the three or more scenario some partial shard or longer phase in, etc maybe required. Just a guess of course.

Reaction Score
I’m beginning to think Yormark has the media contract lined up to add Colorado and UConn at full share or Colorado and AZ, but not a scenario with three schools or more. I’m the three or more scenario some partial shard or longer phase in, etc maybe required. Just a guess of course.
I don't think any conference will take three or more from the same conference at the same bite of the apple - unless the ACC has a 5 or more simultaneous breakaway/implosion which would basically be a planned mutiny.

Reaction Score
Let's hope media companies will pay UConn full share no matter what other PAC schools are in the mix.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom