Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 490 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Where do you live? Ever been to Tolland, Farmington valley or northwest corner? Lot of hick areas and country style living. Not farms, but I would consider rural living.
Most of eastern Connecticut is pretty light except coastal and towns surrounding the Thames River

Reaction Score
I'm going to upset many here by saying this but MSG is nowhere near being a home game for UConn. We draw good there but it really hasn't felt like we have dominated MSG since the 2014 East Regional vs. Michigan St.

I don't get why UConn or any UConn fans would want conference home games moved to MSG. Why should we have to go out to Lawerence Kansas or Waco Texas but they can't come to Storrs or Hartford?

Because there are only 1 or 2, maybe 3, NCAA schools that could sell out MSG and we are #1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yormack is too aggressive and proactive to let that happen. He'll do everything he can to be the first to twenty and I'm sure he's working alongside one of the networks on this goal. He's not going to compete with the BIG or the SEC to be number one in football. He just has to maintain relevancy - that is be the third or fourth best football conference. But if he is able to make the B12 the overwhelming superior basketball conference than he can be the third spoke in any power play by aligning with one or the other of the two stronger conferences to get better deals.

#3 in Football and #1 in Basketball is not a bad consolation prize. Outside of eyeballs and the money, there is also something to be said for actually producing and winning as a conference.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be opposed to moving all of our games at the XL Center to MSG. Seems like our deal there is pretty bad.

Reaction Score
Those pushing for UConn in the Big 12 are Yormark, Kansas, Baylor and West Virginia.
That's a nice start to get the required buy-in and votes across the members and from the comments by Yormark in this article about how they are open to change then I think UConn has a legitimate shot.

Reaction Score
I thought that bio was BS but after doing a little googling maybe I should give him more credit. Just seems like he throws a bunch of stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

I may have found his linked-in and he has a career in sports production for local TV in Baltimore. Has had a stint at ESPN. Grad degree (working on) from Quinnipiac.
I think he's new to the social media scene and is trying to appeal to a lot of people/growing his followers by posting a wide range of "stuff".

Reaction Score
For the record, no where in the quoted tweet does it say conference home games. It just says a Connecticut will host some games there. Perhaps will host them in some form of the big 12 tournament?
Or maybe an early season Big12 non-conference doubleheader with UConn and another conference team in the other end of the doubleheader?

Reaction Score
The dream scenario is that we are in the Big XII, the ACC implodes, Big XII goes to 18 to keep up with the SEC and B1G.

The east coast division becomes UConn, Cinci, UCF, WVU, Cuse, Pitt, Duke, Louisville, Virginia Tech

The west coast is Baylor, BYU, Houston, Iowa St, Kansas, K-State, Oklahoma St, TCU, TTU

It's basically the perfect conference for us and easily the third strongest conference.
I like this.

And Boston College University can go to the Patriot League, where they will hover around 0.500 and make the occasional early December bowl game.

Everybody wins!

Reaction Score
Those pushing for UConn in the Big 12 are Yormark, Kansas, Baylor and West Virginia.
I think BYU would be for it, too. They have a mission to spread their religion.

They bought an ad in Times Square when they joined the Big 12.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
People are running with that Jim Williams tweet.

Reaction Score
People are running with that Jim Williams tweet.

there used to be a time that instead of just reporting on someone elses reporting, people would also talk to their own sources to see if they could corroborate what the other person said. nowadays people just repeat others for the sake of it. it's pretty terrible.

Reaction Score
The ultimate irony in this entire thing would be St John’s leaving at UConn staying
this kind of touches on another thing that doesn't get mentioned, I guess because it's unlikely. But if anyone leaves the Big East there really aren't many good adds. I guess there's potentially Gonzaga, and I'd imagine VCU is up next but besides that...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Where do you live? Ever been to Tolland, Farmington valley or northwest corner? Lot of hick areas and country style living. Not farms, but I would consider rural living.
Heh. The "densely packed" Connecticut of which he speaks is located along Interstates 95, 91 and 84. A few miles from the highway and you're in the sticks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom