Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 161 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
David Benedict Retweeted

UConn Huskies ‏@UConnHuskies · 3h3 hours ago

Only three schools to play in a bowl, the NCAA men's and women's basketball and baseball tournaments this year are: UConn, Texas A&M, Miami
These lists touting schools' athletic accomplishments are aggravating because UConn is continually the only non-P5 school on them. When is one of these P5 conferences going to wake up?

Reaction Score
I made this point in the B12 meetings thread, but Brown is saying that the presidents all showed up, decided not to see the presentations from the research firms, and just made a decision right away, and then called Brown to give him the scoop. Does that sound reasonable to anyone?
This narrative will continue until two teams are announced. Why would it be any other way? They are negotiating rights. They should say this.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I made this point in the B12 meetings thread, but Brown is saying that the presidents all showed up, decided not to see the presentations from the research firms, and just made a decision right away, and then called Brown to give him the scoop. Does that sound reasonable to anyone?
It's not that unreasonable. The presidents, or maybe even just a couple UT people, could have seen the gist of the report, or a summary of the data. If UT decides expansion isn't in their interest it's probably not going to happen.

I'm not saying that I know either way. @djct1999's thoughts could be correct.

Reaction Score
Maryland's sovereign immunity defense was rejected in the NC appeal court.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Basically mayhem amongst the other schools has allowed Texas to re-assert the dominant voice to drive expansion talks. They've declared everything known up to now as insufficient and declared it dead.

They've reset the negotiations.

Now they will start dictating the terms and building a coalition to their liking.

Reaction Score
Which may or may not hold weight in Delaware.

It depends on the venue that a suit is filed in....but probably not in Delaware.

The ACC filed first in North Carolina, Maryland filed in Maryland...the first filing took precedence.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It depends on the venue that a suit is filed in....but probably not in Delaware.

The ACC filed first in North Carolina, Maryland filed in Maryland...the first filing took precedence.

Was it state or federal? Based solely off of the Terry's info, this was a federal filing. May make a difference.

Too bad there aren't any lawyers on this board.

Reaction Score
Was it state or federal? Based solely off of the Terry's info, this was a federal filing. May make a difference.

Too bad there aren't any lawyers on this board.

What you are talking about is state sovereign immunity and tort liability.

When WVU and the Big East sued and counter sued, the Rhode Island court (BE headquarters location) took jurisdiction. Denied WVU's sovereign immunity and comity claims based on Rhode Island statute and case law.

Reaction Score
image.png
N
ChuckCarltonDMN 9:50pm via TweetDeck
Source indicates at least six Big 12 schools now favor expansion as a concept and maybe as many as eight. No consensus on who just yet.
Sources: Anywhere from 6-8 Big 12 schools back expansion, but one problem persists | SportsDay

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Does everybody have me on freaking ignore. :rolleyes:

WTF does this mean?

Re B12 expansion: AAC payout dif not as vast as reported. Range is from $3 mil to $10 compared to B12 $23.3 mil.
I hear you buddy. I don't know exactly what it means but my assumption is that UConn is getting $10mil per year (including big east exit fee payouts) and Tulane is getting $3mil.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What you are talking about is state sovereign immunity and tort liability.

When WVU and the Big East sued and counter sued, the Rhode Island court (BE headquarters location) took jurisdiction. Denied WVU's sovereign immunity and comity claims based on Rhode Island statute and case law.

And what I was saying is that Delaware isn't under any constraint to follow RI state law, NC state law or any other decision made by a state judge from any other state.

My other question was whether or not any of these cases made it before a federal judge. I don't remember and I'm not gonna look it up tonight.

In summary a judge may or may not follow other judge's decisions from other conference legal battles.

Reaction Score

Well then.

This chip brown texas article might be the most delusional things i've seen. Suggesting at the end that the p5 may be better off collectively bargaining tv agreements in the future shows just how inept the mindset is out there. Chip, why would the b10 and sec have any interest in collectively bargaining anything with a conference like the b12 which doesn't have tv ratings. Just really poor business sense in that part of the world. Espn deserves the turd that is the longhorn network.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom