Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
@frankthetank111: I believe him RT @alex_prewitt Asked Jim Delany about future additions. "We're just monitoring... not in the discussion phase with anybody."

It's amazing how many big moves occur without anyone ever seeming to talk...

Reaction Score
What exactly did the GT site say? How reliable do we believe it is? Any more reliable that anything else?

Reaction Score
You could probably find premium boards on lots of ACC sites that have all kinds of prognostications. Don't sweat it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Rivals guy who says that Louisville will be added.

Note the baseball cap.

n4915965_42495667_1238.jpg

I tried to but I was distracted by the man boob.

Reaction Score
YahooForde 6:20pm via Web
Statement from UVA AD Craig Littlepage says the rumors are wrong: school isn't talking to anyone about leaving the ACC.

Translation: "When we announce next month that we're leaving the ACC for the Big Ten, I really hope no one remembers that I was forced by my boss to make this outrageous lie to the media so that my boss didn't have to ask the Governor to loan him $50 large."

If Littlepage knew something, maybe his undefeated Penn college basketball team wouldn't have lost that regional final to a Villanova team they had already beaten during the regular season by a gazillion points.

Reaction Score
@frankthetank111: I believe him RT @alex_prewitt Asked Jim Delany about future additions. "We're just monitoring... not in the discussion phase with anybody."

Monitoring what? Think he was alluding to the $$ it will cost and the litigation they will endure to extract UMd? You don't fire a 2d test baloon seconds after first launched.

Reaction Score
Translation: "When we announce next month that we're leaving the ACC for the Big Ten, I really hope no one remembers that I was forced by my boss to make this outrageous lie to the media so that my boss didn't have to ask the Governor to loan him $50 large."

If Littlepage knew something, maybe his undefeated Penn college basketball team wouldn't have lost that regional final to a Villanova team they had already beaten during the regular season by a gazillion points.

Yeah... but if the AD and President don't make a statement they are perceived as tools.

bth_other_sarcasmMeter.gif

Reaction Score

did you really just go back 40 years in time? Wow.

Penn's 1970–71 team completed an undefeated regular season (26–0) and advanced to the Eastern Regional Final in the NCAA Tournament, losing there to a Villanova team it had defeated during the regular season. Villanova lost to UCLA in the national championship game, but was later found to be using an ineligible player, Howard Porter.

Reaction Score
did you really just go back 40 years in time? Wow.

Penn's 1970–71 team completed an undefeated regular season (26–0) and advanced to the Eastern Regional Final in the NCAA Tournament, losing there to a Villanova team it had defeated during the regular season. Villanova lost to UCLA in the national championship game, but was later found to be using an ineligible player, Howard Porter.

Wondered if anyone else followed college hoops long enough to remember the game and the season. And before anyone asks the question -- No, John Calipari did not coach the Villanova team that made it to the Final Four and then had its trip vacated. But it's an obvious question to ask.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
From the Indiana rivals guy, RT'd by John Gasaway:

Hmmm ... Interesting reports that B1G is sending feelers to N. Carolina, Virginia, Ga Tech, Notre Dame, Kansas and will take 2 of the 4.
Twitter for BlackBerry® · 7:24 PM

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
From the Indiana rivals guy, RT'd by John Gasaway:

Hmmm ... Interesting reports that B1G is sending feelers to N. Carolina, Virginia, Ga Tech, Notre Dame, Kansas and will take 2 of the 4.
Twitter for BlackBerry® · 7:24 PM

Um thats 5.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
Tulane prez in March: "My view is Big East is not a power conference & anyone who thinks they are doesn’t know athletics"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
melogroovy@melogroovy

ACC will look to UConn but Delany has tired of courting reluctant southern schools. Delany has expressed interest in UConn...

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda
@gerrydinardo I had some info emailed to me that there could be some B1G realignment activity within a week, heard anything on your end?

Reaction Score
@gerrydinardo: @TuxedoYoda
I've heard nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda
@gerrydinardoI had some info emailed to me that there could be some B1G realignment activity within a week, heard anything on your end?
@gerrydinardo: @TuxedoYoda
I've heard nothing

Hmmn, what is the only logical way to interpret these posts.
1. Yoda knows the B1G is has or is going to offer us.
2. Dinardo knows it as well but has been sworn to secrecy by Delany.

Yea us!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey Gerry I got an email from the past. It said UConn 34 Indiana 10. It also said don't bother accepting that ND QB transfer - your team still blows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom