Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
Why all the sudden does Gerry Dinardo's opinion actually matter?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The B1G is poised for a major move next week says the "insiders" every week since Rutgers and Maryland joined.

Reaction Score
Why all the sudden does Gerry Dinardo's opinion actually matter?
It's not that it matters, it's that someone who works for a B1G-run media organization is talking about them potentially expanding. That's far different than some internet fan with a Twitter account saying the same thing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
or
3. Yoda just got an email with no basis in fact.

More likely Yoda knows nothing at all and is just fishing, seeing if anyone will confirm something he's just making up.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Trust no one... has to be the mantra of all sane people on this board. In the mean time it will be rampant speculation and people who are looking to one up the next person with a scoop though they have no real hard proof.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Trust no one... has to be the mantra of all sane people on this board. In the mean time it will be rampant speculation and people who are looking to one up the next person with a scoop though they have no real hard proof.
I'm pretty sure that's the mantra of the insane ones as well.

Reaction Score
BerryTramel 1:38pm via twitterfeed
Big 12 football: Bob Bowlsby talks expansion Post original url/Va4gwB

>>"The Big 12 needs to make sure, he said, that “if we ever add anybody, that they are of the ilk of the 10 schools and have helped all boats rise. We spend a lot of time talking about conference composition.”

What does that mean? It means the Big 12 is being selective. If a Florida State/Clemson duo becomes available, yes, expansion works for the Big 12. But Connecticut/Cincinnati or BYU/Boise State? No.

“It’s been our considered opinion that the 10 we have is where we want to be,” Bowlsby said. “Does that mean we’re oblivious to what’s going on around us or that we aren’t going to be constantly vigilant? No. We definitely are.<<

CL82

Reaction Score
BerryTramel 1:38pm via twitterfeed
Big 12 football: Bob Bowlsby talks expansion Post original url/Va4gwB

>>"The Big 12 needs to make sure, he said, that “if we ever add anybody, that they are of the ilk of the 10 schools and have helped all boats rise. We spend a lot of time talking about conference composition.”

What does that mean? It means the Big 12 is being selective. If a Florida State/Clemson duo becomes available, yes, expansion works for the Big 12. But Connecticut/Cincinnati or BYU/Boise State? No.

“It’s been our considered opinion that the 10 we have is where we want to be,” Bowlsby said. “Does that mean we’re oblivious to what’s going on around us or that we aren’t going to be constantly vigilant? No. We definitely are.<<
I have to admit that his statement vaguely annoys me, but we were never considered a good fit there. On the other hand this has to sting in Cinci.

Reaction Score
I have to admit that his statement vaguely annoys me, but we were never considered a good fit there. On the other hand this has to sting in Cinci.

The comment was interesting in the selection of the four mentioned teams... Tramel did a pretty fair job of pissing all over UConn during the run up to the Fiesta Bowl.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
That's Tramel interpreting what Bowlsby means, not Bowlsby mentioning any specific schools. Although we don't make any sense for the B12, it doesn't sound like anybody's worried about Ollie Luck.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's Tramel interpreting what Bowlsby means, not Bowlsby mentioning any specific schools. Although we don't make any sense for the B12, it doesn't sound like anybody's worried about Ollie Luck.

I think the Big 12 faced a lot of gagging just to add WVU and would dump them in a heartbeat if there was a suitable option. I'm not sure we realize just how strongly the Big 12 associates itself with the midwest, and how little interest in or need they have for those of us "back east". And WVU isn't even really the east. They would love to have Colorado back, and the other schools they lost. But they do not want to become an eastern league.

Reaction Score
MH 3@MH 3
Well, I'm telling you right now that is going down up north again. BiG . Don't stand in front of any fans!

1. MH 3@MH 3
  2. Big10 wrestling internally. 16 schools? 18? 20?
  1. Fear not Uconn, Cincy, USF, and maybe even Temple. Your services will soon be needed elsewhere. You won't be twisting for long.

CL82

Reaction Score
MH 3@MH 3
Well, I'm telling you right now that is going down up north again. BiG . Don't stand in front of any fans!

1. MH 3@MH 3
  2. Big10 wrestling internally. 16 schools? 18? 20?
  1. Fear not Uconn, Cincy, USF, and maybe even Temple. Your services will soon be needed elsewhere. You won't be twisting for long.
The man is nefarious.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
Big East's Mike Aresco: "We did not come to any conclusions (today) regarding our negotiations w/other group"

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs@jacobscourant
Friday afternoon, Herbst said, "I was very pleased with the meeting. We have very complex technical issues that take time to resolve."

Jeff Jacobs@jacobscourant
Email exchange with UConn prez Susan Herbst Thurs. night gave me serious pause that Big East thing was over. Lots of details to be argued.

Reaction Score
And, Blaudschun, as usual, is way ahead of the media on this. While McMurphy reports things are done, Blaudschun says hold your horses, they are not. A week ago Blaud said this was all coming down the pike while McMurphy was picking his nose.

I admit when Blaud is full of (frequently when he speculates) but would it kill the Blaud haters to ackl=nowledge he has much better sources than all the rest?

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda
Fox is moving heaven & earth to keep ND from joining the ACC until 2014. If ND doesn't go in 2013, odds are they never play in the ACC.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda
@MurrDCU @ucfmat Of course B12 would prefer FSU/Miami but, regardless of the public front, the B12 will not go into 2014 with only 10 teams.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda
Since the cfb playoffs were set up, I've been told by my Austin source & by others that the B12 will not go in to 2014 with only 10 teams.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda
@KnightDoc2015 @MisterLegg It isn't about what I want or what you want. If the B12 can't get FSU & Miami, Fox wants them to get UCF & USF.

Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda
Fox Sports is getting its hands dirty in realignment & this could bring USF & UCF to the Big12: http://tuxedoyoda.blogspot.com/2013/03/fox-sports-is-straw-that-stirs.html…

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
13 and 14 reportedly Tulane and ECU, 15 and 16 are Cincy and Temple, then Memphis, SMU, Houston and UMass to be added to get Big 12 to 20. We will be considered for #22 if ND goes in as #21.

at this point in conference realignment and uconn vs the ncaa i view the boneyard as the titanic but with a handful of bears and lions on board among the people.

Reaction Score
Kevin McNamara@KevinMcNamara33
Mike Aresco: New unnamed conference will remain headquartered in Providence. "We feel there is no reason to leave."

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Kevin McNamara@KevinMcNamara33
Mike Aresco: New unnamed conference will remain headquartered in Providence. "We feel there is no reason to leave."

So, the Clambake lives on.

Yay...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom