Kenya Hunter to Indiana | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter to Indiana

Reaction Score
Sign of a Program on the rise.. No way UConn dollars can compete with Big 12 dollars for assistants.. FB Programs throwing a lot of money into the bank account.. DH will have a great deal of interest for that position.. Don't laugh.. What about Scott B?(I know he's a HC)..Could open up things for Taliek to a take a more active role..
Wait, Indiana announced they were leaving the Big 10 at the same time?? Huge news.......

Reaction Score
On top of the reasons that have already been stated for Kenya Hunter to take the job at Indiana his long history with Archie Miller may have also played a part. Kenya and Archie were on the same coaching staff at Xavier under Sean Miller and he was also director of basketball ops at NC State when Archie was a player there.

Reaction Score
Excellent coach. Recruiting wise wasn’t as great as I’m hearing from some. Had solid connections. Credit for Hawkins, wouldn’t be surprised to see him decommit. Let’s be honest Indiana is a better town, better facilities in terms of literal jets for recruiting. If he took a pay cut then ironically I feel better bc at least UConn could pay a coach if it happened again. If we lost Kimani I would’ve been extremely disheartened. Fascinated to see the next hire.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Weird he went to Indiana for less money. Uconn will easily be a better rated school going forward. Well whatever we trust in Hurely!
At first glance I thought this said "Dan Hurley should pop his tires."

Reaction Score
Some were worried about Alosi leaving and our players have blown up in just a few months with Rehfeldt, some people are just worriers.
We will find another good assistant. Wish Kenya well. My only concern is keeping Hawkins. Guess we will find out exactly how big a factor Kenya was in his recruitment.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hey - it's his profession and he has a goal in mind
If he feels that going to IU will get him there faster - more power to him
He probably sees DH as well set here at UConn and maybe senses some fragility in the IU HC situation
DH has done nice things and finding a new assistant shouldn't be an issue - I would be shocked if he doesn't have a bullpen list at all times
Best of luck at IU - just pray you don't play UConn soon - IU may be embarrassed

Reaction Score
Hey - it's his profession and he has a goal in mind
If he feels that going to IU will get him there faster - more power to him
He probably sees DH as well set here at UConn and maybe senses some fragility in the IU HC situation
DH has done nice things and finding a new assistant shouldn't be an issue - I would be shocked if he doesn't have a bullpen list at all times
Best of luck at IU - just pray you don't play UConn soon - IU may be embarrassed
I remember IU beat UConn @ MSG last year in a very poorly played game

Reaction Score
Credit for Hawkins, wouldn’t be surprised to see him decommit.
Could happen but if you look at his comments after he committed it was almost all about Hurley and UConn. Crossing my fingers he stays committed.

“Coach Hurley, coach Hunter were the best coaches for me,” Hawkins told the Courant after making his decision. “UConn was the best place, style wise, the Big East Conference is a great conference. Connecticut is a great place, a great state. I can’t wait to play in front of the fans.”

"We love Coach (Dan) Hurley and the staff and we loved how committed they were to helping me reach my goals!"

Reaction Score
Could happen but if you look at his comments after he committed it was almost all about Hurley and UConn. Crossing my fingers he stays committed.

“Coach Hurley, coach Hunter were the best coaches for me,” Hawkins told the Courant after making his decision. “UConn was the best place, style wise, the Big East Conference is a great conference. Connecticut is a great place, a great state. I can’t wait to play in front of the fans.”

"We love Coach (Dan) Hurley and the staff and we loved how committed they were to helping me reach my goals!"

Also, Agent Sool was all over this recruitment as well.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I would like to think the decision wasn’t based on income. Nothing bothers me more than people making decisions based upon money or income. Especially at the amounts being thrown around. He was making hundreds of thousands of dollars. How much more could Indiana pay him, and does it even matter at that point?

Reaction Score
Obligatory, “but you have to live in Indiana” comment.
Don't even have to make it jokingly. Multiple people made it seriously in the last thread

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom