Kenya Hunter to Indiana | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kenya Hunter to Indiana

Reaction Score
Not to his accountant.
I said the same thing in another thread when rumors started and was hit with the lateral move argument. Perhaps it was a great offer and UConn would have had to both match and bump up the other 2 assistants to keep them happy as well. Would Kenya try to recruit Hawkins to Indiana now?

Reaction Score
I said the same thing in another thread when rumors started and was hit with the lateral move argument. Perhaps it was a great offer and UConn would have had to both match and bump up the other 2 assistants to keep them happy as well. Would Kenya try to recruit Hawkins to Indiana now?
Do recruits follow assistants that much? It’s not like a head coach leaving. Plus, I don’t think Indiana was ever in on Hawkins, were they?

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Poor career decision but best of luck to Kenya. I say to go young with our next hire. The hungrier the better.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to him, but i hope Dan replaces him with a better recruiter.
While he was away for an extended period of time for personal reasons, you have to think Hunter played a huge role in Whaley’s progress this year.

Hunter’s replacement will take over that role as our bigs coach as well. Need an established assistant to convince the likes of Clingan that they’ll be developed by the best of the best to prepare them for the NBA.

Reaction Score
He is a great bigs coach and a great guy. But of the 3 assistants, this one hurts the least. If it doesn't affect Hawkins recruitment, we are okay.

I would like to see us still consider a guy with PA/DMV connections. Not sure we're quite at the level of being ready to recruit nationally quite yet. Lock down the northeast corridor.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Why make a lateral move like this? Especially when you already have a reputation as a guy who jumps around a lot?

Reaction Score
This blows now we will be competing against him for recruits?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You have to trust that the guy who was smart enough to hire him can hire another good recruiter. It stinks but if you don't trust Hurley to fill the role, well, you're worrying too much.

Reaction Score
No disrespect to Kenya, but I feel like some people read this news as it being Kimani. I said this elsewhere, but he thinks this is the better path for him to be a head coach. Perception is everything, and he’s not the one considered by “basketball people” to be the next one to get a head coaching job. On the Indiana staff, I think that changes. Everyone should wish Kenya well.

There’s also a head coach out there who is mad about this because it just messed up his staff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You have to trust that the guy who was smart enough to hire him can hire another good recruiter. It stinks but if you don't trust Hurley to fill the role, well, you're worrying too much.

Agreed. I remember people worried about the class of 2020. That worked out pretty well. I remember people worried about the class of 2021 that worked out pretty well too. Hurley deserves nothing but our trust at this point given how quickly he has turned this thing around. The guy knows how to run a program, Hurley will find a formidable replacement.

Kenya is a loss but its not like there's a shortage of good assistants in CBB.

Reaction Score
Tough to lose Kenya, no two ways about it. He fit the bill you know, with his prowess at working the bigs, and his recruiting connections down in the DMV. It also seemed like this coaching staff had a nice chemistry to them, and that must help provide for the whole team's environment (coaches and players) being really sound. I mean, all these guys are immersed with each other.

Look what happened with the strength and conditioning coaching change, we came up better. I am sure Hurley will make an excellent hire.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I remember people worried about the class of 2020. That worked out pretty well. I remember people worried about the class of 2021 that worked out pretty well too. Hurley deserves nothing but our trust at this point given how quickly he has turned this thing around. The guy knows how to run a program, Hurley will find a formidable replacement.

Kenya is a loss but its not like there's a shortage of good assistants in CBB.
Some were worried about Alosi leaving and our players have blown up in just a few months with Rehfeldt, some people are just worriers.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
truly mind bottling
Truly

man-with-two-brains-2.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members