Kasongo to Announce This Week | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Kasongo to Announce This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
247 sports now has it 8 Oregon to 7 UConn with all seven picks coming most recent! If they know anything that is a good thing! Most likely has to do with Rays recent comment though, hope it's true and he realizes his best path to a pro career is here.

Reaction Score
the picks are based off that article, it just went up a couple of hours ago and after that all the UConn picks started coming in.

Reaction Score
You've never heard a kid say that a school was in the lead on his recruitment? I can't imaging that's possible if you've ever clicked on a recruiting thread.

I've never heard of a kid, when choosing between two schools, say he was leaning toward one.
Since you're so certain of yourself, give an example. Shouldn't be too hard to do. After all, as you state, it's in almost every recruiting thread.

Abu? No. Larrier? No. Hamilton? No. Who?

Reaction Score
247 sports now has it 8 Oregon to 7 UConn with all seven picks coming most recent! If they know anything that is a good thing! Most likely has to do with Rays recent comment though, hope it's true and he realizes his best path to a pro career is here.

In one of my prior posts I wondered how often they updated their votes. I completely missed the date/time stamp next to each one. Dooohhhh!

It's like being at the track seeing the odds change. Kind of silly and highly speculative but I guess I can see the entertainment value of it.

Simulated Scenario:

15 - 0 (my program) Yes, Yes, Yes!
10-5 (my program) Oh-Ooo!
8-7 (my program) No, No, No!
14-1 (The other guy) Nooooo! Nooooo!
15-0 (Recruit picks the other guy) Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Gets in car and drives off bridge.

Warning. Those who can't handle disappointment might want to stay away for 247Sports. :)

Reaction Score
That's what I am saying, kids say they have leaders all the time.

Yet you have not given a single example. Just one. One kid telling us he has a single leader, or that he's leaning to one school.

Reaction Score
Yet you have not given a single example. Just one. One kid telling us he has a single leader, or that he's leaning to one school.

Bee Jay Anya said that NC State lead over Indiana, Kelly Oubres father just told reporters Kentucky and Kansas lead for his son. Reid Travis has said he wants to go to Duke. Want more?

Most of these kids lean and want to go to schools, but their circles (as we are experiencing now) want them to do otherwise, which is why kids do not commit on the spot.

Reaction Score

I think this is the type of quote KH was referring to:

Of Kentucky's 24 known commitments (a class ranked No. 7 in the country), nine hail from Ohio, and of the Cats' eight four-star commitments, half of those are from Ohio.
In Louisville's 2014 class, rated No. 17 nationally by Rivals.com, seven of the Cards' 25 commitments are from Ohio. Their only four-star, defensive back Nilijah Ballew, is from Ohio.
Both schools are reportedly in the hunt for three-star wide receiver Dorian Baker of Ohio. He recently told Rivals.com that while he's leaning toward UK his father seemed more smitten with Louisville. The Cardinals already have five wide receivers in the class.

Reaction Score
Clearly you just like to argue.

Clearly, I posted first, and people are arguing with me. Read my post. I stated I had never seen a kid state he was leaning to one school over the other. Got anything else to say?

Reaction Score
Bee Jay Anya said that NC State lead over Indiana, Kelly Oubres father just told reporters Kentucky and Kansas lead for his son. Reid Travis has said he wants to go to Duke. Want more?

Most of these kids lean and want to go to schools, but their circles (as we are experiencing now) want them to do otherwise, which is why kids do not commit on the spot.

Can you give a link please? Oubre is choosing between two schools. This doesn't qualify. Many people choose between schools. Of course people have leaders. That's not what's being discussed here. We're talking about favoring one school over the other.

Reaction Score
I think this is the type of quote KH was referring to:

Of Kentucky's 24 known commitments (a class ranked No. 7 in the country), nine hail from Ohio, and of the Cats' eight four-star commitments, half of those are from Ohio.
In Louisville's 2014 class, rated No. 17 nationally by , seven of the Cards' 25 commitments are from Ohio. Their only four-star, defensive back Nilijah Ballew, is from Ohio.
Both schools are reportedly in the hunt for three-star wide receiver Dorian Baker of Ohio. He recently told that while he's leaning toward UK his father seemed more smitten with Louisville. The Cardinals already have five wide receivers in the class.

Yes, we've seen that before. A kid prefers one place, his parents prefer another.

Reaction Score
Yes, we've seen that before. A kid prefers one place, his parents prefer another.

Can we 86 this back-and-forth? It's taking this thread in a bad direction. What does it really matter? Rhetorical question...Answers to it are not welcome!

Let's just enjoy the process and hope Ray decides to become a Husky. If not, we wish him well and move on. If he does pick us, I'm curious as to what he says about his selection. If he chooses the Ducks, for the most part, I just don't care.

Reaction Score

Has either uk or Kansas offered oeuvres?

Reaction Score
To Ray, if you are reading. There is room for everyone. In 2006 we had 4 players drafted the first round! It can happen, again. Come and be part of the success which is being built by KO!

Whatever you decide, good luck.

caw

Reaction Score
Also the Oregon board on 247 is furious with all the predictions, and everyone is claiming we had to have paid him/ gave him a car. Hysterical. The kid hasn't even committed yet.

The funny thing is they think Kasongo was close to signing because of 24-7 predictions. I wish someone would tell them the predictions are guessed based on whatever the guesser is smoking at the time.

Reaction Score
Ro Russell has a pipeline to Oregon basketball. If it is true that Ray is affiliated with him, then Ray has to break away and make his own decision...not have others make it for him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
How could someone realistically choose Oregon over UConn?

I mean if tradition, tv exposure, academics, winning and going to the NBA mean anything to you, it's an absolute no brainer.

Reaction Score
Ro Russell has a pipeline to Oregon basketball. If it is true that Ray is affiliated with him, then Ray has to break away and make his own decision...not have others make it for him.
Think this is the case, and you could imagine how difficult it would be for a young guy to go against a group of adults in his ear saying Oregon is the place to be. Honestly, I hope the only opinions he cares about are his parents. I don't see why he needs to be loyal to some behind the scenes guy, plus it will cut on his payroll when he gets to the league.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
How long do you think #KasongoWatch will continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom