Kasongo to Announce This Week | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kasongo to Announce This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The OR run on the crystal ball was based on us getting Lubin, but with Lubin being 245lbs and just now starting lifting weights, and putting up freak like bench numbers to boot for a guy just starting out, he could probably play some C here as long as he's long enough. There's plenty of 6'8" guys with mass that play C and have played C in college, Lubin should be able to play both PF/C, opening up another spot for a PF.

Reaction Score
I have to say I'm a little concerned about a kid saying that "right now" he's "leaning" toward UConn. You never hear a kid making an outright statement like that to a recruiting site. Especially not in the last week of the decision. I'm not saying that he cares little about "announcement hype" (which is refreshing) but I just wonder about the parameters at play. If someone is confident enough to say where they're leaning, then what's the hold-up?

Reaction Score
I have to say I'm a little concerned about a kid saying that "right now" he's "leaning" toward UConn. You never hear a kid making an outright statement like that to a recruiting site. Especially not in the last week of the decision. I'm not saying that he cares little about "announcement hype" (which is refreshing) but I just wonder about the parameters at play. If someone is confident enough to say where they're leaning, then what's the hold-up?

Thats completely false. Kelly Oubre has stated many times that Kansas and Kentucky are leading in his recruitment. These things happen all the time. Recruiting is an ongoing process where schools lead and have ground to make up. We are ahead of Oregon at this point. It is a good thing.

Reaction Score

I feel the same, I like our chances but it wouldn't shock me at all if when he announces its OR. These guys like to have some suspense with their announcements, if you say you're leaning one way and you're announcing this week, then shouldn't you just go ahead and commit?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Check out that last dunk. 6'9", 235 lbs and he jumped over that kid like it was nothing. Now I REALLY want him.

Reaction Score
I saw it more like he wants to commit to UConn now, but maybe he wants to let Oregon down easier by tempering their expectations before he officially announces? He's just a teenager and might not know how to deal with rejecting a school that's put so much effort into recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Thats completely false. Kelly Oubre has stated many times that Kansas and Kentucky are leading in his recruitment. These things happen all the time. Recruiting is an ongoing process where schools lead and have ground to make up. We are ahead of Oregon at this point. It is a good thing.

What is completely false? Not getting you.

caw

Reaction Score
I saw it more like he wants to commit to UConn now, but maybe he wants to let Oregon down easier by tempering their expectations before he officially announces? He's just a teenager and might not know how to deal with rejecting a school that's put so much effort into recruiting him.

Or it could be as simple as his parents telling to make sure he doesn't make a rush of it.

Reaction Score

Wait a second... are you comparing leaning to one school over another to a kid choosing between two schools? Oubre is not leaning to one school over the other. Kasongo is.

caw

Reaction Score
"Right now I am leaning towards UCONN," said Kasongo late Tuesday night. "I still am considering Oregon but I am just feeling UCONN a little more right now."
If Kasongo ends up committing to UCONN this would be a total shock as most have pegged Kasongo to Oregon. Kasongo's crystal ball was at 100% Oregon Tuesday afternoon but has started to pick up new predictions for UCONN Wednesday morning.
Florida and Kansas were two other schools who have tried to get involved, but don't appear to be players.
Kasongo told DuckTerritory.com he hopes to pick a school this week.

By my 24-7 crystal ball prediction analysis, it looks like UConn because they are really good within 24-48 hours of announcement and that's where they are moving their picks now. Their crystal balls suck.

Reaction Score
I think this kid knows people high up at twitter. I havent been reading my twitter feed for weeks, and since yesterday I've been checking it about once every 15 minutes. Let me live Ray Kasongo!!!! Set me free and announce you will be a Husky!

Reaction Score
Yup even Meyer has UConn now. Really starting to pick up some ste with those crystal ball predictions. Agree with caw about how to interpret the predictions. Things are looking pretty good for RayK47 and the Rock!

Reaction Score
Definitely understand what upstaters saying, 17 year olds don't really think like adults most of the time. He could easily be aiming to gain suspense and shock people. I would still be sick about that, trolling us and even Ollie.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Definitely understand what upstaters saying, 17 year olds don't really think like adults most of the time. He could easily be aiming to gain suspense and shock people. I would still be sick about that, trolling us and even Ollie.
And older folks likes us whose are inteligant recnize that life is uncertain even outside of the young uns. So we should not end up sick cause we noes bettuh.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked anyone predicted anything else. He visited Michigan a number of times and said very good things about them.

yea I didn't get that one either, Michigan was picked as the leader in the beginning stages of the process, don't understand why things switched over to Zona. It seems like guys place alot of weight with last official visits and nearly everyone went with Zona once he decided to visit them last.

Reaction Score
Hearing that Kasongo wants UConn, but everyone in his camp wants Oregon.

Reaction Score
I don't understand this thread. What's the difference between a kid saying that one school is "leading" for him and that he's "leaning" toward a certain school? Nothing, as far as I can tell, particularly when you consider that these are teenagers who say all kinds of things for all kinds of reasons. Kids rank the schools that are after them all the time. They say they have a favorite all the time. How is this any different? Why take anything from it?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hearing that Kasongo wants UConn, but everyone in his camp wants Oregon.
Interesting. It also sounds like his family wants UConn. It's tough for these kids sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom