Kasongo to Announce This Week | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kasongo to Announce This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Finishing the class up with Robinson, Kasongo and Lyle is a pipe dream but would put this class up there with the best UConn's ever had pre-collegiate career rankings wise. I'll say it because we're even having this conversation - Ollie you done good

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Finishing the class up with Robinson, Kasongo and Lyle is a pipe dream but would put this class up there with the best UConn's ever had pre-collegiate career rankings wise. I'll say it because we're even having this conversation - Ollie you done good

Adding Robinson, Kasongo, and Lyle to Daniel Hamilton, Purvis, and Rakim would be the best recruiting class ever by about a factor of 3. Add one (especially either Robinson or Lyle) and it would probably be the best class ever.

Reaction Score
I know it's useless, but I like that he tweeted KO asking to be followed back on Twitter. Thought that was somewhat interesting.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Not even close. Athletic dorms are pressurized hyperbaric chambers.
No one can touch oregons facilities
I know the University of Nike is tough to beat facility wise, but we're going to be damn close. There are maybe three or four football programs nation wide with facilities as good as ours and I don't see them doing anything less for the basketball program.

caw

Reaction Score
Not even close. Athletic dorms are pressurized hyperbaric chambers.
No one can touch oregons facilities

Assuming UConns training facilities are as depicted, they will likely be nicer than Oregons for men's and women's basketball, mainly because of the sole access.

If you are talking about the playing arena/court than Oregons is nicer than the HCC or Gampel, though I hate the trees. I don't know what Oregons dorms for athletes are like, but if they are like UKs then they are nicer.

Reaction Score
The new football facility at Oregon is pretty sick, but I don't think they would put the same kind of money into a basketball practice facility:

Reaction Score
Thread says to decide. He'll let us know. I am optimistic. Hired an employee recently. Changed my mind often. The one I picked is great. Did I make the best choice? Cannot ever know.

Reaction Score
I'm curious what your question has to do with Oregon vs Uconn facility wise?

I'm curious as to what you have to do with either UConn or Oregon? "Not even close" is a crappy answer from a PC fan to a Husky fan who's a little excited about our programs building for hoops.......you stated the obvious as Oregon is Phil Knight U just wondering why you have to be such an a** to UConn4ever?

Reaction Score
You're right. The facilities are equal. No one does anything better than UCONN. My bad. Carry on

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You're right. The facilities are equal. No one does anything better than UCONN. My bad. Carry on
I would take issue with the statement "not even close". A little bit of hyperbole with the hyperbolic rooms! Everyone gets the incredible facilities at Oregon. I believe Mau and others are pointing out that PC would be in the not even close category! UConn is close!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Assuming UConns training facilities are as depicted, they will likely be nicer than Oregons for men's and women's basketball, mainly because of the sole access.

If you are talking about the playing arena/court than Oregons is nicer than the HCC or Gampel, though I hate the trees. I don't know what Oregons dorms for athletes are like, but if they are like UKs then they are nicer.

Yes but, green and yellow makes for hideous uniforms. Those are ugly colors no matter how strangely they change them game to game. A duck as a mascot? The only thing worse would be beavers...it seems that the whole state is mascot challenged. For football, maybe you can suffer the humiliation of playing in a yellow and green uni that says "Ducks" for the strong program (I'd choose Washington instead) but for basketball? We've won national championships as often as they've won Pac 10 tournament championships. There is no hoops history there.

Reaction Score

Ah, but PC players have their own special facilities at the Dunkin Donuts Center.

Players can soak in a hot vat of a Dunkaccino Coffee with a Turbo Shot of Espresso… or cool down in Frozen Mocha Coffee Coolatta after good work out! Their players are always wired for practice!

Reaction Score
He has an article up called "One team stands out for Ray Kasongo."

I wanted this kid to commit to UConn with twelve 247 predictors all saying Oregon.

Now, however, this kid is hopefully going to commit to UConn, and twelve 247 predictions are going to be flipped to UConn in the next twelve minutes.

Reaction Score
Ah, but PC players have their own special facilities at the Dunkin Donuts Center.

Players can soak in a hot vat of a Dunkaccino Coffee with a Turbo Shot of Espresso… or cool down in Frozen Mocha Coffee Coolatta after good work out!
Perfect for watching the NCAA tourney, since they never get to play in it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If one school stands out after his official visits, and he said he's announcing this week, I think it's pretty obvious he's coming here.

EDIT: There's also a sub-headline that says "Oregon has some work to do"

Reaction Score
"Right now I am leaning towards UCONN," said Kasongo late Tuesday night. "I still am considering Oregon but I am just feeling UCONN a little more right now."
If Kasongo ends up committing to UCONN this would be a total shock as most have pegged Kasongo to Oregon. Kasongo's crystal ball was at 100% Oregon Tuesday afternoon but has started to pick up new predictions for UCONN Wednesday morning.
Florida and Kansas were two other schools who have tried to get involved, but don't appear to be players.
Kasongo told DuckTerritory.com he hopes to pick a school this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom