Kasongo to Announce This Week | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kasongo to Announce This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On one side u have the pacific northwest (Nice place to visit) and some basketball handler who thinks highly of himself.
On the other side u have the kid, im guessing the parents, national championships, NBA players, a coach who promotes family and touts over a decade in the association, and one of the top public universities in the country that is rising quickly. Oh and the campus is rural while you are also 2 hours away from two of the best cities in the country so u get what ever quenches your thirst.
Tough call.

Reaction Score
How could someone realistically choose Oregon over UConn?

I mean if tradition, tv exposure, academics, winning and going to the NBA mean anything to you, it's an absolute no brainer.

The only plausible explanation, if you aspire to play in the NBA that is, would be if you were strongly influenced by someone like Ro Russell. Though kids look up to their coaches a great deal, one has to wonder why in the case of Russell. Why is Oregon such a destination for his players? Good facilities are nice. ..but they are far from the most important factor. Having great success with your college team is certainly a big factor. On this score I don't think there is any comparison to be made between the two schools as it is so lopsided. Beyond that, making it to the NBA is the ultimate dream, of course, and Oregon does not have a great history here either. Only TWO players who have come through the program, have played in the NBA (Ridnour & Brooks) and are currently active. They'll possibly have a third (Kazemi), if the rookie makes the Sixers. Additionally, they have had only 8 players drafted in Rounds 1 or 2 during the last 25 years.

Now contrast that with UConn! The Huskies have THIRTEEN players who have NBA experience and currently on team rosters. In addition, they have had 27 players drafted over the last 25 years in either Round 1 or 2. The contrast is sharp...which begs the question... just why is Russell sending his players to... Oregon???

Reaction Score
You have to admit that you do like to argue.

Of course. Just waiting to be proven wrong here. I'm sure someone can dig up a quote. There are only 1,000 D1 basketball players out there every year. Leaving myself wide open on this one.

Reaction Score
The only plausible explanation, if you aspire to play in the NBA that is, would be if you were strongly influenced by someone like Ro Russell. Though kids look up to their coaches a great deal, one has to wonder why in the case of Russell. Why is Oregon such a destination for his players? Good facilities are nice. ..but they are far from the most important factor. Having great success with your college team is certainly a big factor. On this score I don't think there is any comparison to be made between the two schools as it is so lopsided. Beyond that, making it to the NBA is the ultimate dream, of course, and Oregon does not have a great history here either. Only TWO players who have come through the program, have played in the NBA (Ridnour & Brooks) and are currently active. They'll possibly have a third (Kazemi), if the rookie makes the Sixers. Additionally, they have had only 8 players drafted in Rounds 1 or 2 during the last 25 years.

Now contrast that with UConn! The Huskies have THIRTEEN players who have NBA experience and currently on team rosters. In addition, they have had 27 players drafted over the last 25 years in either Round 1 or 2. The contrast is sharp...which begs the question... just why is Russell sending his players to... Oregon???

Uh, who funds Phase1?
Is Nike involved?

Reaction Score
Why would you start a whole new thread with old news smh

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not sure, but isn't that like 20 minutes or something?
Because of the new coach perhaps we should switch to a new time frame. Perhaps 22 minutes?

Reaction Score
How long do you think #KasongoWatch will continue?

Even if he gives UConn a verbal commitment, the watch doesn't end until he signs a letter of intent. Same goes for Rakim Lubin.. I hate to be a pessimist, but thats the way it is.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Even if he gives UConn a verbal commitment, the watch doesn't end until he signs a letter of intent. Same goes for Rakim Lubin.. I hate to be a pessimist, but thats the way it is.
It goes until the kid shows up and finishes his career. Think IH and AO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom