Kaleb Joseph cuts list- No UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kaleb Joseph cuts list- No UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kaleb Joseph could easily learn floor general skills. He's better than kris Dunn right now, mainly because of his range. Kids a stud. I'm confident well get a good piece to our puzzle though

Reactions: pj

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You guys claim that you've been banned for less; yet uconn fans are on the PC board and say inflammatory things. I think you may be overstating things a hair. Btw, your own hfd is the worst offender and he's around. So there's that.

I want to point out that I fully expect the flak and to be in the minority here. Ill put up with thenonsense to talk hoops with your fans. Just get a kick out of the fans who rip unc and uk for being myopic boards; yet can't ownthefact that they are just as blinded by their passion.

Not a criticism, just an observation.
@FriarJ. @seanmc94. Here's the problem the way I see it. Emotions rule, intellect takes a back seat every time. The number of inflammatory posters responding to you or FriarJ are minimal relative to the overall number of posters. You have three options: respond likewise in an inflammatory manner, ignore these relatively few people, or try to be conciliatory and realize that the majority of us prefer this approach. If you take the third position you would be the model instead of the mirror. And realize that the majority of us would recognize that we do have a few problem children in our own family.

Personally I'm not against smack talk, or the need for us primates to pound our chests. Whatever annoyance I have to put up with when a thread goes from interesting exchange of ideas to emotional tangents, is offset by the entertainment I get by people who struggle to get past themselves. Makes me think I'm an advanced being.:)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Here's another observation. There are several posters in this thread who are presenting positive things to say about Joseph and PC. And there are posters who are antagonistic to PC. In this set of people there is a subset that needs to make verbal remarks to put anything associated with PC down. What else is new. Why focus on the negative subset?

Humanity as a whole has a wide range of maturity. Same with individuals. Rather than getting caught up with the drama some of us express, look at the bigger picture. None of us will be able to get all of humanity or even any one individual to be perfect. Doesn't mean we don't try. It just means we understand our nature and accept that any attempt to fix things has to be done without any expectations.

Any sympathy you might get when UConn posters act childishly towards you is overridden by the one salient point. This is their "home" and in this one location they are supported by most UConn fans when an outsider appears. It's the tribal instinct. It's programmed into all of us. Fans of any sport are just following this principle.

Reaction Score
Woah.
tumblr_inline_mo94a32ccO1qz4rgp.gif

Reaction Score
Hey, thanks for explaining the recruiting game to us. Appreciate it.

And what exactly is the "large percentage of this board" doing to belittle this kid's choices?

Reaction Score
For the 50th time, FriarJ, if a UConn poster posts what you and Sean do, about the opposition, on PC's board, they would be long gone.
Yet you guys remain.

Reaction Score
What a suprise...you guys start the BS, and then call foul when somebody fights back. Second verse; same as the first!
"Second verse same as the first" Gads, Sean now thinks he's Henry VIII....
UConn folk have been banned on PC's board for a hell of a lot less than what you guys say here.

Reaction Score
For the 50th time, FriarJ, if a UConn poster posts what you and Sean do, about the opposition, on PC's board, they would be long gone.
Yet you guys remain.

Who cares?

Reaction Score
I don't even know why anyone on these boards would engage PC loyalists.

I went to work in an Eastern CT school system in '94 and was surrounded by them, many alums, some of whom had played sports there, etc. Even a cheerleader for the BBall team. We trash talked back and forth for awhile, but after that first Championship it pretty much stopped, and after the second one..................... At that point Ernie D, Marvin Barnes, Joey Hassett, and Billy Donavan were distant memories, and while my eye was on capturing another NC every year, their biggest goal was beating UConn. I actually felt sorry for them. I wouldn't get into a pi$$ing contest with a Rutgers fan either, who are we going to argue about, Phil Sellers vs. Tony Hanson?
Until fortunes change, what's the point?

Reaction Score
Grow up. Message boards are for conversation. People of small minds want to ban posters. Like the mods at the Providence board.

Thanks for the lack of support my fellow Boneyarder. Do you honestly think it is appropriate to be called a dips**t and idiot after I made a 100% factual post? I never insulted PC I just pointed out 2 FACTS. Is that deserving of being called out like that? There should be some regulation or warnings here, no? I do agree with you that we are more tolerant than Richard, and that's a good thing. But we need to draw the line somewhere.

My previous comments:
1) West Virginia has much better history than Providence -Check
2) Bob Huggins is a borderline HOF coach and in another stratosphere than Ed Cooley when it comes to coaching - Check

Reaction Score
Thanks for the lack of support my fellow Boneyarder. Do you honestly think it is appropriate to be called a dips**t and idiot after I made a 100% factual post? I never insulted PC I just pointed out 2 FACTS. Is that deserving of being called out like that? There should be some regulation or warnings here, no? I do agree with you that we are more tolerant than Richard, and that's a good thing. But we need to draw the line somewhere.

My previous comments:
1) West Virginia has much better history than Providence -Check
2) Bob Huggins is a borderline HOF coach and in another stratosphere than Ed Cooley when it comes to coaching - Check

Check his post; he didn't call you a dipshit or an idiot; he called another poster those things

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

f7ck you Friar J

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I am going to start a PC vs UConn thread. In this you can trash talk and talk all the hypotheticals you want. Every other thread is off limits to this. If the mods disagree, than they can delete my thread and we can go back to 3 threads a week getting hijacked and turning into what this thread is.

I just deleted that thread. Don't do it again.

Reaction Score
Look at u feeding trolls like they are normal rational people- u deserve anything you get.

Do not feed the trolls and they will go away- no one here cares about Pc basketball anymore- we are not in the BE and when we were we barely cared.

PE- TOOWEY !! I spit on them!

Reaction Score
I just deleted that thread. Don't do it again.

please explain to me why having multiple threads hijacked per week is better? This is a serious question. If you put the thread in off topic, than you know no one will post in it and they will continue to post here. That thread was extremely pragmatic.

Reaction Score
f7ck you Friar J

"You agree to not use this service to post any material which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any laws"

right from the terms of the message board...

Reaction Score
Arguing on the internet is a lot like competing in the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still reta*ded

I think this thread has run its course...time to lock it

Reaction Score
I think PC fans will have a much better experience (and, most importantly to me, so will UConn fans), if they just ignore the few people who feel the need to make a snide comment here and there, and instead engaged with those who want to actually have a discussion.

As soon as you jump into the muck, you annoy those who want to have a conversation with you, and make the thread unreadable. Who wins? Not you. And what happens is that people no longer want you here.

Sure, maybe you didn't "start it," but isn't that like a five-year-old's argument about a stupid altercation?

Reaction Score
Well, gee wiz, FriarJ, if you don't like my broken record thats too damn bad!!! Notice that I never rip PC's hoop program. I do consider PC's board much less tolerant of UConn fans that this board is of you guys. I also know the hate for UConn on your board far outweighs the hate for PC on this board.
Matter of fact, it's not hate for PC over here, it's disrespect. Lets face it, if a team cannot make the big dance in 10 years playing in a conference like the Big East was, than disrespect naturally follows.
You and Sean are more respectful towards UConn than most PC folk. But, I'm going to continue to point out that what you guys say on this board would easily get a UConn fan banned on PC's board. Like it, or not, this broken record will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom