Kaleb Joseph cuts list- No UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kaleb Joseph cuts list- No UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get PC for Joseph and Cuse but WVU makes no sense to me at all. I'd love someone to explain that one.

For one thing Bob Huggins has proven he knows how to coach, Ed Cooley has not.

Reaction Score
He's going to PC. I know pple close to him. They are heavy leader.
PC is going to have a top class with joseph, chukwu (they also lead) and the guy they already have.

Reaction Score
For one thing Bob Huggins has proven he knows how to coach, Ed Cooley has not.

the program has been trending downhill ever since their Final 4 and they bottomed out last year. 5 players have the left the program since then and outside of Devin Williams I'm not really impressed with what they've brought in. I know this PC complex is consuming some of you guys but looking at things as they stand right now I don't know how you can say WV looks to be in better shape.

Reaction Score
PC is going to have a top class with joseph, chukwu (they also lead) and the guy they already have.
I hope you're right. The heads of Cuse fans would explode. They take Providence even less seriously than we do.

caw

Reaction Score
T

They get those three and it will be a good class, not top five but maybe top 10. I don't think those three would put them ahead of either UL or UNC. I would bet Duke and UK end with better classes also. Then it depends on UConn, Cuse, Arizona, Florida and Kansas.

If they get their dream class of Joseph, Terrell, Lindsey, Abu, Chukwu. That is probably good for #4 or #5. I don't see any combination of somewhat realistic recruits getting them a better class than UNC or UL and whoever gets Okafor and his buddy. Assuming its Duke, I'm sure UK will have a say also in some combination of recruits.

Reaction Score
T

They get those three and it will be a good class, not top five but maybe top 10. I don't think those three would put them ahead of either UL or UNC. I would bet Duke and UK end with better classes also. Then it depends on UConn, Cuse, Arizona, Florida and Kansas.

If they get their dream class of Joseph, Terrell, Lindsey, Abu, Chukwu. That is probably good for #4 or #5. I don't see any combination of somewhat realistic recruits getting them a better class than UNC or UL and whoever gets Okafor and his buddy. Assuming its Duke, I'm sure UK will have a say also in some combination of recruits.

Ill take any 3 of the 5 you mentioned...anything else is a pipe dream; IMHO

Reaction Score

You've been singing the praises of Cooley on the recruiting trail for a while. He's been very good at that. If you guys stay healthy this year, you better be in the NCAAs...can't blame it on Keno this year.

I don't know much about Cooley. Where are his roots? It seems if he can win, in addition to the recruiting, some big name schools will be banging on the door soon--is there a certain profile he'll be looking for (a la Smart, who turned down a number of big name opportunities, presumably waiting for a school in a specific region)?

Reaction Score
“Cuse specializes in guards. They produce pros on the biggest stage of college ball."

LOL. Can someone tell me who the heck he's talking about? Waiters is about it.

caw

Reaction Score

If rumors are to be believed PC has a good shot at Chukwu, Joseph and obviously Lindsey is verballed.

They would be a good fit with what you guys have in Dunn and Austin. I wonder how serious Austin was about wanting to play the PG position though. Can't imagine he would get much PT there if Joseph comes in and Dunn is still there.

Cooley can obviously recruit but this is his year to show he can coach. There is no excuse (injuries aside) for PC not to win 22-24 games and make the NCAAT this year. Much weaker schedule and eligible talented players with experience.

Reaction Score
You've been singing the praises of Cooley on the recruiting trail for a while. He's been very good at that. If you guys stay healthy this year, you better be in the NCAAs...can't blame it on Keno this year.

I don't know much about Cooley. Where are his roots? It seems if he can win, in addition to the recruiting, some big name schools will be banging on the door soon--is there a certain profile he'll be looking for (a la Smart, who turned down a number of big name opportunities, presumably waiting for a school in a specific region)?

Born and raised in Providence actually.

Reaction Score
I'm not heart-broken over this and not overly surprised...after that video came out a couple weeks ago with Kaleb and Paschal playing pickup at PC i kinda got the impression then which way they were leaning. Cooley is no joke on the recruiting trail. I'm still holding out big time for Perkins as is the rest of the yard. August 25th cant come soon enough.

Reaction Score
I'm not heart-broken over this and not overly surprised...after that video came out a couple weeks ago with Kaleb and Paschal playing pickup at PC i kinda got the impression then which way they were leaning. Cooley is no joke on the recruiting trail. I'm still holding out big time for Perkins as is the rest of the yard. August 25th cant come soon enough.

Same.

Seriously though, good for PC. Anything that makes New England basketball better and higher profile is good for all involved. Even if it means we take one on the chin now and again.

Reaction Score
I agree with the above contention that this is a put up or shut up year for Cooley. NCAA or bust. No exceptions.
Yonick, with what PC needs to replace and Cooley's track record I would be disappointed if PC didn't land at least one more big fish.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Joseph but he's no PG he is a 2 guard who can slash to the rim but has a weak 3 pt shot. Watched him play in Philly and in many prep games this past season. No way Cuse really offers him, it's a ruse. Thought his running mate at Cushing was a better player. UCONN should be relieved! If Joseph goes to Providence, Abu and Paschal Chukwu have to know they'll never see the rock, he's a shoot first and pass last guard. This move may help us sign the two best big guys around.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Good luck to Joseph but he's no PG he is a 2 guard who can slash to the rim but has a weak 3 pt shot. Watched him play in Philly and in many prep games this past season. No way Cuse really offers him, it's a ruse. Thought his running mate at Cushing was a better player. UCONN should be relieved! If Joseph goes to Providence, Abu and Paschal Chukwu have to know they'll never see the rock, he's a shoot first and pass last guard. This move may help us sign the two best big guys around.

i wouldn't go that far...

Reaction Score
Really want Mclaughin. I think he's a taller version of Boat.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Never thought Joseph was coming here anyways. Like Chev said, I think we might make a run at Ulis if Perkins/McLaughlin fall through. He's a solid player.

Reaction Score
Our head coach was a point guard in the NBA. Let's have faith in his evaluation of talent. Chev is right though, Ulis could very well be in play if we don't land Perkins or McLaughlin

Reaction Score
I only loosely follow recruiting, but for what it's worth, I have barely seen Joseph's name on the 'yard. My completely anecdotal research concludes that he wasn't a priority to us, either.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I only loosely follow recruiting, but for what it's worth, I have barely seen Joseph's name on the 'yard. My completely anecdotal research concludes that he wasn't a priority to us, either.

What do you know? It's not like you went to Princeton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom