OT: - Juwan Howard throws a punch | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Juwan Howard throws a punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Handling your loss like a man shouldn’t be too high a bar for a leader of young men. Howard is fully responsible for escalating that situation.
And not putting your hands on another grown man and trying to teach him some lesson shouldn't be too high for Gard either. Gard should have never put his hands on Howard.

Reaction Score
Handling your loss like a man shouldn’t be too high a bar for a leader of young men. Howard is fully responsible for escalating that situation.
I don’t agree. It looks to me like he was moving on and the Wisconsin coach wouldn’t let him. He should not have tried slap him, but he wouldn’t have if the Wisconsin coach just let him walk by.

Reaction Score
Then maybe Howard shouldn't have been yelling at Gard while trying to supposedly walk away
Watch the video and tell me who put their hands on Howard to stop him from walking away. You guys are legit hilarious, y'all are letting other men put their hands on you and scold you in public like you are children? Who raised y'all?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
And Howard has the right to do so, keep it moving, lol @ trying to scold a grown man, college sports fans are really something else.
In order of offense:
Throwing a punch as an adult

Big gap.

Physically restraining an adult walking past you.

Another gap

Refusing to acknowledge an opponent as a professional coach.

Howard is a child for 1 and 3.

Reaction Score
In order of offense:
Throwing a punch as an adult

Big gap.

Physically restraining an adult walking past you.

Another gap

Refusing to acknowledge an opponent as a professional coach.

Howard is a child for 1 and 3.
The fact that you guys can't acknowledge that another grown man putting his hands on you, in public no less, to try to scold you is something that shouldn't be tolerated lets me know that we just come from different paths in life. I wasn't raised to be a sucker, maybe y'all were. I already said Howard was in the wrong for the slap, but Gard needed to keep it moving and let Howard do the same.

Reaction Score
Watch the video and tell me who put their hands on Howard to stop him from walking away. You guys are legit hilarious, y'all are letting other men put their hands on you and scold you in public like you are children? Who raised y'all?
Yes, I just watched the video another 3 times and Howard is clearly yelling at him as they approach. Notice how I didn't say anything about Gard also being in the wrong, because he was. The fact that you're here trying to defend Howard is hilarious though, the personal attacks you add really help your case too. Glad I was raised by someone better than you though

Reaction Score
Yikes, he’s definetly done and there was ample time for him to calm down, at least walk away in anger and throw a chair in the locker room.

I bet he sees a psychologist has a humbling experience gets a job as an NBA assistants perhaps back on Spoeltras staff or Lebron’s staff, if Lebron wants him he’s hired. At the very least a D league coach. NBA HC is his path now.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The fact that you guys can't acknowledge that another grown man putting his hands on you, in public no less, to try to scold you is something that shouldn't be tolerated lets me know that we just come from different paths in life. I wasn't raised to be a sucker, maybe y'all were. I already said Howard was in the wrong for the slap, but Gard needed to keep it moving and let Howard do the same.
His own players were putting their hands on him trying to lead him away, should he hit them too?

Reaction Score
This was the classic cowardly NBA player move (wait I thought they weren’t soft back then) where you get in someone’s face, let there be a sea of people between you and the other guy, then take some wild swing over/through the crowd, knowing nothing’s going to happen to you

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This was the classic cowardly NBA player move (wait I thought they weren’t soft back then) where you get in someone’s face, let there be a sea of people between you and the other guy, then take some wild swing over/through the crowd, knowing nothing’s going to happen to you

Howard threw a punch at the wrong guy over the shoulders of a bunch of people trying to separate him. A) Howard is wrong and 100% the instigator, and B) Howard is a punk- B for throwing a cheap shot. If he was a "grown ass man" like @aceboon said, he wouldn't have waited to throw punch.

It is amazing what passes for "tough" these days.

Reaction Score
I'm confused, you can't say Howard is wrong for the slap but also that walking away when another man puts his hands on you makes you a coward.
What? Juwan was walking away when Gard grabbed him and started yelling at him. What did you read in my posts insinuates that I was calling Juwan a coward?

Reaction Score
His own players were putting their hands on him trying to lead him away, should he hit them too?
Lead him away is now the same as another man putting his hands on him to not only stop him from walking away, but also scold and admonish him. You guys are swinging at air with these false equivalencies man.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What? Juwan was walking away when Gard grabbed him and started yelling at him. What did you read in my posts insinuates that I was calling Juwan a coward?

You called the other poster a coward because you're defending Howard. But then you say he was wrong for the slap? I don't get your logic.

Reaction Score
Lead him away is now the same as another man putting his hands on him to not only stop him from walking away, but also scold and admonish him. You guys are swinging at air with these false equivalencies man.
Just stop. Sure, the Wisconsin coach shouldn’t have done that. But that doesn’t really have any relevance to how Howard reacted. It doesn’t justify punching someone. A grown man makes his point with throwing a punch. I get it, he’s prideful and felt wronged - but he’s a leader of young adults and represents an esteemed university. No way that can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom