OT: - Juwan Howard throws a punch | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Juwan Howard throws a punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that I've watched the tape, I'm sort of amazed that a police officer in Madison didn't arrest Howard before he left the arena. Remember, a player just got charged with spitting at spectators in Arizona. When a player throws a punch during the game, there is not an obvious answer as to whether normal laws regarding physical contact should be ignored. When a coach throws a punch after the game, in an arena with police offices, he should be booked. Period. Just like any other context (other than self defense) when a grown man throws a punch.

Reaction Score
His #1 goal should be protecting his players. Instead he instigated a fight and potentially cost one of his top prospects (Diabate) money.

Recruiting against him may have got a bit easier. Unless he’s canned

Reaction Score
Unlike the NDSU v Oral Roberts thing, i would call this a brawl.

This kinda reminds me of the fight in the movie Hoosiers. The end of the longer clip does. Wisconsin fans yelling at Howard. A fan very close to Howard yells "get out of here". This situation was pretty darn close to the fans getting involved. That would of been nuts.

Reaction Score
Relax fellas. Not saying this excuses Howard for what he did, but tell me this happens without Gard stopping him in the first place.

Who cares. If a drunk driver kills me when I'm out driving to dinner tonight, it wouldn't have happened if I wasn't out driving to dinner. So what? How is the fact that Gard stopped him possibly relevant to whether it is acceptable to hit someone in front of policemen without being charged for it?

Reaction Score
If I was legally allowed to punch people who annoyed me at my job, or people could legally punch me if I annoyed them, things would be very different at work.

"Hello, I'd like to buy an argument, please."

"THAT'S IT!"

Reaction Score
Relax fellas. Not saying this excuses Howard for what he did, but tell me this happens without Gard stopping him in the first place.
Howard pulled the bush league move of full court pressing at the end of the game when his team was getting blown out and Gard had his subs/scrubs in. Gard calls a timeout to show up Howard for being a d 1ck. Howard pulls his mask down to say something to Gard as he was passing him by and not going to shake his Gard's hand. Gard grabs Howard's arm to stop him and say something to him. Howard ends up throwing the weird open hand shove slap thing to the assistant's head which makes all hell break loose and his players throwing punches which will end their season. It's all on Howard.

Reaction Score
Looked at the Wiscy coaches roster. It looks like Howard actually punches Joe Krabbenhoft. Former Wisconsin player.

Reaction Score
Disappointed in Coach Howard. Not what was said to cause this outburst. He knows that all eyes are on him. He can't do that. I know he is upset with himself for losing control like that. Come on, Coach! Ugh.

Reaction Score
If Howard does get fired. Does he get paid? Does this become a KO situation?

Reaction Score
Greg Gard initiated it - stops Howard in the layup line and starts jawing with him.

Actually, I think Howard initiates it. He pulls his mask down to say something to Garg who looked prepared to just continue forward. Whatever Howard said prompted Gard to try and get his attention to address it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom