OT: - Juwan Howard throws a punch | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Juwan Howard throws a punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I guess most here feel differently but to me this in and of itself shouldn’t be a fireable offense. It definitely deserves a real suspension but it just didn’t seem grave enough on it’s own to merit firing.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not even close to as bad as today but he does have a pattern of losing control of his emotions.

Announcer- “if anyone has spent any time around Juwan, he’s generally an easy going guy”

Reaction Score
I don't know, Gard has some girth to him. :)
Like a better center of gravity is the term.

No punches thrown, but I remember when KEA stood in the chest of the Iowa center at halftime for a moment, but then they both turned around and went back to the locker room.

Reaction Score
Plenty of fans on their forums seem to be on board with firing.

Reaction Score
If you watch that vid and see nothing wrong with Gard putting his hands on Howard and stopping him from walking away then there's no need for us to discuss further. If Howard is allowed to keep walking without Gard grabbing him and forcibly stopping him, then this is nothing.
I think ppl are saying the escalation from Gards grab to Howard’s reaction is excessive. Just as Howard yelling and stiffing Gard in a handshake line don’t warrant him
Grabbing JH.

Reaction Score
I guess most here feel differently but to me this in and of itself shouldn’t be a fireable offense. It definitely deserves a real suspension but it just didn’t seem grave enough on it’s own to merit firing.
Maybe not on its own but after the Maryland incident last year it has to be at least a consideration. It's twice now the guy has snapped like Ken Shamrock and tried to physically assault an opposing coaching staff. Clearly he learned nothing from the first incident and has trouble controlling himself.

Reaction Score
Pretty simple as a kid would say “sore loser”. They’re not very well coached. Juwan has punked the MD already as well. He doesn’t have as many great players as he had left to him and now he has to coach. Unfortunately for him he’s more Hardaway than Beilein.

UM has a chance to get a better coach right now fire him as he deserves! Pitiful reaction for a man in his position, again!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not a punch

Jesus that’s a horrible lie for a clickbait thread

Be better

Still not a good look for juwan, but man let’s not be liars about it. Save for the enemies of the people, the “journalists”

Reaction Score
Guys getting into fist fights is actually healthy for ones own self psyche. Unfortunately with a job on the line and in the public eye with social media it’s a bad look.

Reaction Score
I definitely think Howard was provoked to some degree. Gard shouldn’t have stopped him and just let him go. Still, Howard shouldn’t have thrown a punch/slap and it is absolutely a firable offense.

Reaction Score
Unbelievably stupid take. One does not "initiate" being assaulted because one says something that the assaulter doesn't like.
Gard wasn’t even assaulted, but he definitely helped light the fuse on the whole thing, then backpedaled and watched the whole thing from the perifery. Howard assaults one of the assistant coaches a few seconds later, and fists start flying. Howard’s definitely done, as are several Michigan players. I’d love to know what Howard said to Gard when he (Howard) pulled his mask down. You could make an argument that Howard actually started it when he pulled his mask down and said something to Gard as Gard was still walking towards him, only then did Gard stop him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s having PTSD from Chris Webber calling the timeout that cost them the championship in his Fab 5 days.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One thing for Warde and Michigan and the Big 10 for that matter: If they let Howard keep his job, they own whatever happens next. If they keep him, and at some point next year Howard turns around and flattens an opposing coach or fan at a game, it will be like Warde and Michigan and the Big 10 did it themselves from a liability standpoint. There is a pattern of behavior that will be used in any civil case that ever comes up against Howard.

It is also unlikely that these two incidents are the only times that Howard has lashed out physically. If a TO at the end of a game is enough to set off Howard, and then he has probably lashed out before away from the camera too. If there is more out there, and no one is doing anything about it, then they are going to enter a legal cyclone if he ever seriously hurts someone.

This guy is not worth it. Cut losses and move on.

Reaction Score
Guys getting into fist fights is actually healthy for ones own self psyche. Unfortunately with a job on the line and in the public eye with social media it’s a bad look.
Say What Weird Al GIF

Reaction Score
I think it is ridiculous that teams play tough D under 30 seconds when the lead is double digits.
I also think it is ridiculous that Gard called a time out. So what if they lose the possession.
Really not sure why Howard took umbrage because of the time out. Silly. Wasn't like they were trying to score to humiliate Michigan. And they wouldn't have "needed" to if the D just backed off in an un-winnable game. If he wanted the game over he could have just stopped playing D.

Unforced errors all around. Then they both act like children and ultimately the student athletes get caught up in it and they will be the ones that suffer. Honestly it is just sad.

Reaction Score
Not a punch and I don't think he should be fired over it but people get fired for things like that nowadays. Juwan seems to be unraveling after such a great start at Michigan.
This has always been something a coach could and should be fired for. Woody Hayes was fired more than 40 years ago, and he was actually a good coach.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Long thread...did he punch a player? Or a staff member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom