JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 5 | The Boneyard

JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Meesseman is back for Washington, but EDD still out. Tip off vs. Las Vegas is delayed due to clock malfunction. Only game on the slate today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good grief. Whatever power you might believe exists in the universe, it apparently doesn't want the Mystics and Aces to play. Last game was suspended due to an earthquake (in LA, but they felt it in LV). This game in DC was delayed about 10 minutes, got in the opening tip off, then immediately stopped again. The clocks over the backboards apparently can't get synched up. But we have a dance off going on now, so the crowd is getting some kind of entertainment. 15 minutes past the hour we've gotten exactly 1 second into the game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
We're going to proceed using a sundial to keep the time or something. Not really, but there is an air horn involved.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well Washington has started playing, but Las Vegas is still waiting for the shot clocks to come back. 10-2 midway thru Q1., LV about 1-8 from the floor probably.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think Washington was up 22-7 at one point. Game is now tied just before halftime. Colson has been a huge shot in the arm off the bench. Plum hasn't played since late in Q1. I don't really understand extended run for Sugar Rodgers and Tamera Young, they aren't doing anything.

Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, that's really upsetting news. I've been a fan of Howard since she came over to Seattle. The Storm need to investigate this, and if they find the allegations are credible, they need to take decisive action (unlike LA).

It appears the WNBA has a real problem on its hands. Domestic abuse is just as serious if there are two women involved as it is when a man is the abuser. There really can't be a double standard on this.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aces / Mystics 61-61 after 3. This looks like a good one shaping up.

Am I dreaming or is the arena packed (and not with campers?) Washington always seemed dead. I know they are a top team but have they turned the attendance issues around?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Am I dreaming or is the arena packed (and not with campers?) Washington always seemed dead. I know they are a top team but have they turned the attendance issues around?

I think they've got some kind of military personnel appreciation promo going on today, not sure if that has an effect on attendance.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Aces / Mystics 61-61 after 3. This looks like a good one shaping up.

well they downsized in terms of arenas. I think the place they play this year seats around 4,000-4,500

EventsDC - Entertainment and Sports Arena

Reaction Score
Wow, that's really upsetting news. I've been a fan of Howard since she came over to Seattle. The Storm need to investigate this, and if they find the allegations are credible, they need to take decisive action (unlike LA).

It appears the WNBA has a real problem on its hands. Domestic abuse is just as serious if there are two women involved as it is when a man is the abuser. There really can't be a double standard on this.

If I recall, wasn’t Griner suspended quickly

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Well, the WNBA will have to deal with this before the all star game. I suspect the Storm - an actual competent WNBA organization - will deal with it before their game tomorrow.
Whoa. If you want to take a trip to Crazy Town, check out the Twitter page linked in the article.

What a mess, good lord almighty.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aces up 4 w/ 33 seconds left. They are only 12-30 combined but Wilson and Cambage have been good down the stretch.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Great finish to this game. Team's trading buckets. 83-81 LV 8.7 seconds left.

edit--85-81 final, Vegas stretches their lead atop the league standings

Reaction Score
Whoa. If you want to take a trip to Crazy Town, check out the Twitter page linked in the article.

What a mess, good lord almighty.

Dumb question, she said something about Howard did it the night/week before, why is she still there??

Plebe

Reaction Score
Dumb question, she said something about Howard did it the night/week before, why is she still there??
The whole thing is very confusing. Apparently the footage was recorded in Russia (where Howard was playing), and she is still there while Howard's playing in the W??

Reaction Score
Video of the Connecticut Sun post-game press conference from last night's Mercury/Sun game is posted.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Great finish to this game. Team's trading buckets. 83-81 LV 8.7 seconds left.

edit--85-81 final, Vegas stretches their lead atop the league standings
Great games by Wilson, McBride, Colson and Cambage. Vegas is really trending up, won their 5th in a row.

Mystics need to get EDD back. Apparently she's in concussion protocol right now.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
If I recall, wasn’t Griner suspended quickly

Well, they had to do something quickly there because both parties were players.

Easier to ignore it when the accusing party is outside the league.

The situation with Howard is trickier because apparently her wife had been in contact with Storm management about some of her concerns. They won't have the option of pretending that nothing is happening like they Sparks have been doing with Williams.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow very disappointing news about Howard if true...i havent watched/read everything but hopefully the wife is okay.

The league is a mess this year between off court issues and injuries. They absolutely need to take a strong stand on domestic violence. Williams and Howard should be suspended until their situations are resolved and appropriate punishment is enforced. As someone else mentioned, if these were NFL/NBA players they'd be met with a heavy hand immediately. The same should be enforced for WNBA players. Violence should never be tolerated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom