JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 4 | The Boneyard

JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wow, a couple of upsets today. As Plebe pointed out, Washington is more dependent on EDD than probably any other team is on its best player. I'd hoped Meesseman would be back by now -- anyone have any info on her?

A poor Atlanta team took down the Sun. Hiedeman appears to have had a good game from the box score. I really like her, and hope she continues to play well.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Wow, a couple of upsets today. As Plebe pointed out, Washington is more dependent on EDD than probably any other team is on its best player. I'd hoped Meesseman would be back by now -- anyone have any info on her?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
A bunch of early games today. I really don't understand that from a scheduling standpoint. If attendance is an issue, why have late morning or early afternoon games on weekdays?
I get the impression they occasionally play these daytime games to market to little kids. I caught the tail end of Aces-Fever game and the unmistakable sound of many shrieking little ones could be heard.

Yes, the purpose of the day games is to bring in summer camps and various other youth groups. At least for the Sky, they are typically the best-attended games of the year.

For example, the listed attendance for Chicago's Camp Day game against Washington (11 am Wednesday tip) was 8,914. For Chicago's most recent home game (5pm Sunday tip) the listed attendance was 6,102.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yes, the purpose of the day games is to bring in summer camps and various other youth groups. At least for the Sky, they are typically the best-attended games of the year.

For example, the listed attendance for Chicago's Camp Day game against Washington (11 am Wednesday tip) was 8,914. For Chicago's most recent home game (5pm Sunday tip) the listed attendance was 6,102.
It's the same for the college teams. The "kids day" games are for some schools the most-attended games of the season.

Nothing like a captive audience. Maybe they should do more of these to pump up the attendance figures.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's the same for the college teams. The "kids day" games are for some schools the most-attended games of the season.

Nothing like a captive audience. Maybe they should do more of these to pump of the attendance figures.

and kill the wireless in the arena's

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I know y'all are generally not big fans of Chiney around these parts, but I have to say, this is impressive, and given that half of you are speculating that the League will fold within a year or two, I can't blame her at all for positioning herself for a Career Plan B that may lead to more compensation and prominence than her Career Plan A:

Here's the minute-by-minute account of how she multitasks FTW:
How Chiney Ogwumike went from WNBA player to NBA free agency analyst in 4 hours

Plebe

Reaction Score
I know y'all are generally not big fans of Chiney around these parts, but I have to say, this is impressive, and given that half of you are speculating that the League will fold within a year or two, I can't blame her at all for positioning herself for a Career Plan B that may lead to more compensation and prominence than her Career Plan A:
I don't know why you'd say that. I'm generally a huge fan. She's got massive personality and she's great on the mic, and her future in media is bright as can be.

That doesn't mean I've liked everything she's ever said and done. Like blaming the refs when the Sparks lose, or throwing shade at Maya Moore (and blaming the refs) after the Lynx beat the Sparks in 2017.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Kelly Graves is courtside for the Sky game tonight. Taking the opportunity to watch his old PG Sloot while here for Nike Nationals.

Nurse has 11 through the 1st quarter. What a steal she was for the Liberty. She just had a spectacular putback to end the quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is it just me or are the Sparks much better this year when Parker is out?

The O sisters are dominating, a combined 16 of 27 plus Nneka has 6 steals and 4 assists. LA is up by 24 over Indiana at the half.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kelly Graves is courtside for the Sky game tonight. Taking the opportunity to watch his old PG Sloot while here for Nike Nationals.

Nurse has 11 through the 1st quarter. What a steal she was for the Liberty. She just had a spectacular putback to end the quarter.

Ah.... so that's why Coach McCallie was in Chicago. I saw pics of her and Lexie Brown.... I guess it was after the Sky-Lynx game the other day. There was a Duke assistant in the background. Was wondering why would they go to Chicago to see her play... when the Lynx would be in Atlanta in a few days.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Seattle finally shooting the ball well, crushing Dallas after Q1. They started the game 4-5 behind the arc and Whitcomb hit 3 of them. She couldn't hit water if she fell out of a boat the previous several games.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Slootie put on a good show for her old coach. 17 points 5-7 FG 12 assists/2 TOs. Chicago cruised, won by 16 and it wasn't really that close.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Over the last 10 games, the Aces and the Fever are the only two teams in the league to go less than 4-6 (Indiana) or more than 6-4 (Vegas). Truly, on any given night, anyone can beat anyone.

Slootie put on a good show for her old coach. 17 points 5-7 FG 12 assists/2 TOs. Chicago cruised, won by 16 and it wasn't really that close.

Kinda surprised Sloot wasn't picked for the all-star game, cause she leads the league in assists (7.9 per game) by an insane margin (second place is 5.9). With Bird out, she's indisputably the best pure point in the league this season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is it just me or are the Sparks much better this year when Parker is out?

The O sisters are dominating, a combined 16 of 27 plus Nneka has 6 steals and 4 assists. LA is up by 24 over Indiana at the half.

Trade Parker to Chicago for Samuelson and Deshields.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kinda surprised Sloot wasn't picked for the all-star game, cause she leads the league in assists (7.9 per game) by an insane margin (second place is 5.9). With Bird out, she's indisputably the best pure point in the league this season.

She's climbing on up the career assist list. #7 currently w/ several within sight. Top 3 are out ahead a ways but everyone else she can potentially catch relatively quickly, including DT who is still active. And she's played A LOT less games than everyone else near the top. Like barely half as many.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I wasn't surprised because Sloot has flown under the radar for a while now.

She had better make it when the full rosters are announced, though.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Stef Dolson was a +39 in plus-minus tonight. Not too shabby!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ima need the resident Jordin Canada detractor to weigh in. So far she's 4-8 from the floor 12 points 10 assists 0 turnovers, 5 steals, Seattle shooting 60% from the floor and leading by 24 nearing the end of Q3. Yep, the Storm need a new PG.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jeez, 25 point lead has been whittled down to 10. Under a minute left, should be safe. Canada has been sitting almost the whole 4th quarter, I think she has an ice bag on her neck. Finished w/ 14 points 12 assists 0 TOs. KML with a nice game, 15 off of the bench, team high. Ogunbowale was held scoreless in the first half and now has 23.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ha, Dallas was pressing under 10 seconds left. KML nailed a wide open 3 to end the scoring. If the other team keeps playing hard til the buzzer, all's fair.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Jeez, 25 point lead has been whittled down to 10. Under a minute left, should be safe. Canada has been sitting almost the whole 4th quarter, I think she has an ice bag on her neck. Finished w/ 14 points 12 assists 0 TOs. KML with a nice game, 15 off of the bench, team high. Ogunbowale was held scoreless in the first half and now has 23.
Interesting they mentioned only two WNBA players have had more assists in a game with 0 turnovers:
1. Jen Rizzotti 14 (when she played for Cleveland)
2. Sue Bird 13

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...there was a photo op for Rapinoe, and a basketball game broke out. I think she got more than enough face time during this broadcast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom