JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 6 | The Boneyard

JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wow, Sydney Colson is, what, 8 years from graduating, and she’s finally coming into her own. I’ve loved watching her since her college days. When she didn’t do well right out of college and spent several years coaching, I thought she was done playing. But I was very wrong. She was amazing last night. I could start liking the Aces despite the trade involving Jefferson and Cambage.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow, Sydney Colson is, what, 8 years from graduating, and she’s finally coming into her own. I’ve loved watching her since her college days. When she didn’t do well right out of college and spent several years coaching, I thought she was done playing. But I was very wrong. She was amazing last night. I could start liking the Aces despite te trade involving Jefferson and Cambage.

I think Lambeer's influence is all over the Aces. Most interesting to me is that it seems Cambage has become far less of a whiner dealing with contact.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow, Sydney Colson is, what, 8 years from graduating, and she’s finally coming into her own. I’ve loved watching her since her college days. When she didn’t do well right out of college and spent several years coaching, I thought she was done playing. But I was very wrong. She was amazing last night. I could start liking the Aces despite te trade involving Jefferson and Cambage.

Same. She looks fantastic out there. Has a great element of razzle dazzle that feels very under control too. Great find by Bill.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sparks / Atlanta game. My nomination for worst shooting ever by both teams.

Both shooting under 30% at half. :eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sparks / Atlanta game. My nomination for worst shooting ever by both teams.

Both shooting under 30% at half. :eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops:

they both warmed up in the 3rd quarter

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Can someone tell me why Williams is playing??

Because she made 2 clutch 3 pt shots to bury the dream in OT.

Please refer all other questions to her lawyer. :oops:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Gotta give all the credit to Riquna Williams, who hit two huge 3-pointers in overtime.

She's become an extremely dangerous shooter. I wonder how she practiced her dangerous shooting?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Gotta give all the credit to Riquna Williams, who hit two huge 3-pointers in overtime.

She's become an extremely dangerous shooter. I wonder how she practiced her dangerous shooting?

Don't give her any ideas. :(

By the way, Gray was just as clutch as well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That Chelsea Gray has turned into a heck of a player..... no bias here. .... off shooting day.... but stuffed the stat sheet. Thank you Connecticut Sun :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
That Chelsea Gray has turned into a heck of a player..... no bias here. .... off shooting day.... but stuffed the stat sheet. Thank you Connecticut Sun :cool:
One might say she was inspired by her teammate to carry out an all-out assault in the stat sheet :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
they dealt with it alright
Well at least they didn’t totally ignore it. I’ll be interested if the Seattle announcers (best WNBA homer broadcast team IMO) address the issue in their broadcast tonight, or candy over it like the rest of them (including ESPN) do with Riquna.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sky picked up a road win at Dallas. DeShields led the scoring with 26, Lavender and Quigley scored in double figures, and Vandersloot had 8 points and 8 assists. Gabby did some good things when she was in, finished with 5 points, 4 assists.

Dagger play down the stretch was when Arike drove and missed, and while she was complaining to the ref about no foul call, she was late getting back on D, fouling DeShields on a 3-pointer from the corner for a 4-point play.

Having said that, Arike led Dallas with 20 points and I've noticed that her shooting percentages have improved lately. However, she was -17 on the +/- this game, FWIW.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sky picked up a road win at Dallas. DeShields led the scoring with 26, Lavender and Quigley scored in double figures, and Vandersloot had 8 points and 8 assists. Gabby did some good things when she was in, finished with 5 points, 4 assists.

Dagger play down the stretch was when Arike drove and missed, and while she was complaining to the ref about no foul call, she was late getting back on D, fouling DeShields on a 3-pointer from the corner for a 4-point play.

Having said that, Arike led Dallas with 20 points and I've noticed that her shooting percentages have improved lately. However, she was -17 on the +/- this game, FWIW.

Deshields was excellent today. Very under control. Arike is a hell of an offensive threat but she takes alot of ill advised shots as well. Agler has to take the reigns a bit more on her.

and Dolson gave Arike a pair of teeth shattering screens that set her off a bit and got her into a manic. (I'll show you) state.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well at least they didn’t totally ignore it. I’ll be interested if the Seattle announcers (best WNBA homer broadcast team IMO) address the issue in their broadcast tonight, or candy over it like the rest of them (including ESPN) do with Riquna.

I hadn't thought about that, excellent point. I'm a big fan of Elise Woodward.

Reaction Score
Deshields was excellent today. Very under control. Arike is a hell of an offensive threat but she takes alot of ill advised shots as well. Agler has to take the reigns a bit more on her.

and Dolson gave Arike a pair of teeth shattering screens that set her off a bit and got her into a manic. (I'll show you) state.
That was a great sequence! Arike runs into a Dolson screen, then 3 seconds later runs back the other way - BAM, right into another Dolson screen. Arike gets frustrated that Dolson won’t let her by, and gives Stef a couple high forearms. Stef goes down (flop?) and Arike gets the foul, which only upsets her further. I was ROFLMAO...

Plebe

Reaction Score
That was a great sequence! Arike runs into a Dolson screen, then 3 seconds later runs back the other way - BAM, right into another Dolson screen. Arike gets frustrated that Dolson won’t let her by, and gives Stef a couple high forearms. Stef goes down (flop?) and Arike gets the foul, which only upsets her further. I was ROFLMAO...
Do you remember when in the game this happened? Asking for a friend :cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
DT is out tonight. Clearly, she is not right physically :(

Plebe

Reaction Score
DT is out tonight. Clearly, she is not right physically :(
I read somewhere that she tweaked her back in the last game. Not a good thing in your first game back from back surgery.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Crickets in Seattle. It's as if there was no incident w/ Howard. Maybe the broadcast team was specifically told not to bring it up, but it's a rather large elephant in the room.

They did have a pregame interview w/ Stewie, talking about rehab and how different it is not being able to play this season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Crickets in Seattle. It's as if there was no incident w/ Howard. Maybe the broadcast team was specifically told not to bring it up, but it's a rather large elephant in the room.

They did have a pregame interview w/ Stewie, talking about rehab and how different it is not being able to play this season.
This is definitely the type of thing that the producers would tell them how to address, or if at all.

If the supposedly neutral ESPN broadcast pussyfooted the Riquna thing, I can only imagine that the homer producers in Seattle would want to squelch or massage the message

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom