JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 8 | The Boneyard

JULY 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Amazing how well the Storm have been playing without Sue, Stew, and Loyd
Several players have really stepped up to help fill the huge void left by those 3: Russell, Whitcomb, Howard and Canada most notably.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Thing is she consistently hits these. She is arguably the best clutch player in the league.

I did say she has a knack for it. Everything was wrong w/ that sequence though. Aimless dribbling, drifting down to the corner, she almost lost her dribble, there was no movement by other players, no screen action, nothing. She got the bucket, but that was like What Not To Do 101.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I did say she has a knack for it. Everything was wrong w/ that sequence though. Aimless dribbling, drifting down to the corner, she almost lost her dribble, there was no movement by other players, no screen action, nothing. She got the bucket, but that was like What Not To Do 101.

Blame / Praise the coach. That is what is drawn (sic?) up. Iso ball to your clutch player and every one else get out of the way.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I feel like that's all irrelevant to bring up when it's Chelsea Gray, unless you're trying to make a jab at the coaching staff/offensive set. If I'm the coach, I'd just give her the ball and tell others to get out of her way.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang it, I can't find the scene from "Semi-Pro" where Andre Benjamin's character (nee Andre 3000) goes 1 on 5 while his teammates stand around laughing, I searched you tube diligently.

Ya know, I watched it again, there was a little more movement than I thought. Riquna sets a screen early on. Somebody (Chiney?) posts up on the right block. But there is quite a bit of standing around and not really knowing what they should be doing by several of the Sparks. The original clip in this post is now another sequence, but you can still see it where I quoted it.

I'm sticking to my guns. LA got a bucket, which is all that really matters. But if you're trying to teach a kid how to play basketball, you absolutely would not show that to them.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ouch. One of my favorite players Lelani Mitchell with one of the dumbest plays in memory. Up 49-43 with 17 seconds on clock at end of Q3. Goes in for a drive with 10 seconds and misses, Dallas goes down and McCarty drills a last second 3 pt shot to bring it to 49-46. :eek::eek::eek::eek:Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ouch. One of my favorite players Lelani Mitchell with one of the dumbest plays in memory. Up 49-43 with 17 seconds on clock at end of Q3. Goes in for a drive with 10 seconds and misses, Dallas goes down and McCarty drills a last second 3 pt shot to bring it to 49-46. :eek::eek::eek::eek:Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

Well, the brain freeze ultimately did not cost them a win. :)

Arike doing the opposite of padding her stats. :D:D:D

Reaction Score
Well, the brain freeze ultimately did not cost them a win. :)

Arike doing the opposite of padding her stats. :D:D:D
Yup, Airke was the Wings' high scorer with 14, but that was on 6-22 shooting (1-7 from 3).

Even without DT, this game was way too close. Dallas is a bad team, especially on the road, where they are 0-8 so far this year.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Battle of the littles.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
What is it with the WNBA web site and the positions they list? Imani Mcgee-Stafford is listed as point guard, Kayla Thornton as shooting guard, Arike and Allisha as small forward and power forward.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yet another brilliant shooting performance for the presumptive Rookie of the Month. Arike was 6 of 22 in today's loss to Phoenix. But on the bright side, that's more than double the shooting percentage of her 2-for-23 debacle.

No Taurasi in today's game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
one of the things I like about www.wnba.com is that if a player you like has a good game... you can just watch THEIR highlights. Lexie Brown broke out of her slump and scored 20pts... 4-6 on three pointers.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Monster game by Howard. Both her and Williams have been playing extremely well as of late despite the off court drama. Must have lit a fire under their butts knowing they may not see the court for a while.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Monster game by Howard. Both her and Williams have been playing extremely well as of late despite the off court drama. Must have lit a fire under their butts knowing they may not see the court for a while.

The whole team was in a collective shooting slump, and they've collectively broken out of it. Look at the other starters--Whitcomb 5-11 (all behind the arc), Clark 5-8, Canada 5-8 (and those 2 were combined 4-6 behind the arc), Russell 2-4. Not much off the bench except Zealous, but the starters provided plenty of offense. Basketball is a pretty simple game when it comes down to it, when the ball is going thru the net things usually work out fairly well.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Howard has been playing like an MVP candidate all season even before any of this news about her domestic drama broke.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Looks like All 18's suspension is giving Karlie another shot with the Sparks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like All 18's suspension is giving Karlie another shot with the Sparks.

Interesting. Assumed the suspension would mean more minutes for Wiese and Mabrey. Maybe Karlie will get more run than she did last year.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Interesting. Assumed the suspension would mean more minutes for Wiese and Mabrey. Maybe Karlie will get more run than she did last year.

There will be minutes for everyone in the short term. The Sparks only have 8 players available today, including Samuelson.

Reaction Score
Did Samuelson get to play? Per Box score she played 0 minutes. So they only went 7 deep. Wow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom